Stabbing at Runshaw College.

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron
I experienced 1st hand - on my own hands! - corporal punishment aged about 12.

Did me no harm. I didn't even tell my Dad until I was 16 and out of school for fear of what would also come my way.

Yet amazingly, I have grown up and fully developed into a decent rounded human being.

Funny that.

Anyway, my reason for quoting you is to ask what would you instill as a punishment to these unruly kids at school? Don't say detention either. Been there, done that. CP came later as the result of an on the way to school violence episode, of which I was a victim, but I still got whacked by the Head of Year. You're involved, you get whacked!
violence begets violence.

Nobber

Forum Patron
Patron
violence begets violence.
Depends what you class as violence.

I had the strap for being a knob, (I know it sounds ridiculous and hard to believe but I was different back then). It teaches discipline and respect.

It isn’t violence.

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron
2 examples given on use of violence. Glad it worked for you both.

However when it comes to the real shits, like detention/exclusion etc it doesnt work.

When i was at school it was always the same kids (Shits) stood outside the heads office waiting for their customary beating. Same kids over and over again.

I cant say all, because Im not still in contact with all, but the same kids who used to stand in the corridor went on in life to stand in the dock at court, often for crimes of violence.

pnematic

Manager
2 examples given on use of violence. Glad it worked for you both.

However when it comes to the real shits, like detention/exclusion etc it doesnt work.

When i was at school it was always the same kids (Shits) stood outside the heads office waiting for their customary beating. Same kids over and over again.

I cant say all, because Im not still in contact with all, but the same kids who used to stand in the corridor went on in life to stand in the dock at court, often for crimes of violence.
Must admit some of the numbskulls got beating after beating - hopeless cases who made nothing of there lives.

But it was a deterrent for me , anyway I was more interested in chatting up the girls. I ran the tuck shop and my first executive decision was to employ all the fit lasses - this was the 70s and the attire was somewhat, well , you know.

Well we were out of jammy dodgers and wagon wheels before you could say Please Sir. Made a bomb that shop and got me some great dates.

#exploitedforwagonwheels

Ando60

Manager
Aye all those hand wringing liberals said it would be better to send young offenders to Tenerife - well that didn't quite pan out.

I behaved at school because of the fear and humiliation of a public whacking.
Me too Matic....

They had a 12 inch leather strap at our school and I received 6 of the best many times !!!

Didn't do me any harm.....

pnematic

Manager
Me too Matic....

They had a 12 inch leather strap at our school and I received 6 of the best many times !!!

Didn't do me any harm.....
I spend years trying to avoid the strap - ironically I would now pay good money for a damn good thrashing from the drama teacher Miss Howarth.
👩‍🎓

Ando60

Manager
I spend years trying to avoid the strap - ironically I would now pay good money for a damn good thrashing from the drama teacher Miss Howarth.
👩‍🎓
Ha ha ha.... I had the hots for my English literature teacher when I was 14 - Miss Robinson

PNEESSEX

Forum Patron
Patron
Depends what you class as violence.

I had the strap for being a knob, (I know it sounds ridiculous and hard to believe but I was different back then). It teaches discipline and respect.

It isn’t violence.
Tbh this example shows corporal punishment doesn't work.......you're still a fucking knob ;)

Sod CORPORAL punishment, its CAPITAL punishment these school kids need. They'll not go on to commit further crimes then, will they? Personally, I'd recommend the electric chair. No!, I mean the guillotine. That'll teach em.

paddysr

Staff member
Patron
Sod CORPORAL punishment, its CAPITAL punishment these school kids need. They'll not go on to commit further crimes then, will they? Personally, I'd recommend the electric chair. No!, I mean the guillotine. That'll teach em.
You'll start giving people ideas

buckshawwhite

First Team
Sorry, disagree. Might help inner city but Runshaw College and the likes? Knife crime is a cancer and it's spreading. There will never be enough police.
Sorry mate, just don't get your argument at all. More police on the streets in the highest areas of knife crime (inner cities). Immediate custodial sentences for those searched & found with a knife. Get it in the press & there you have your deterrent. Maybe the incident at Runshaw doesn't happen?

raefil

Forum Patron
Patron
Sorry mate, just don't get your argument at all. More police on the streets in the highest areas of knife crime (inner cities). Immediate custodial sentences for those searched & found with a knife. Get it in the press & there you have your deterrent. Maybe the incident at Runshaw doesn't happen?
The Govt have cut 765 police officers and 159 police community support officers from Lancashire.

Public Disorder up 220%

Violence up 63%

Weapons possession up 34%

Not at all related though is it?

It doesnt matter how severe sentences are if there is no fear of getting caught the spiral will continue.

Nobber

Forum Patron
Patron
The Govt have cut 765 police officers and 159 police community support officers from Lancashire.

Public Disorder up 220%

Violence up 63%

Weapons possession up 34%

Not at all related though is it?

It doesnt matter how severe sentences are if there is no fear of getting caught the spiral will continue.
It’s a mix of both. You’re right regards the cut backs of police officers, but the prison service is exactly the same.