PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Steve Cooper leaves Swansea City

I don’t think so. His next job in England in my view will be League 1 at best. To be honest I thought he might have gone for the Dundee United job in Scotland. I think what happened in the last 12 months at North End has massively tainted his reputation.
I never got the hype about Alex Neil, thought he was totally over rated . But what do I know?

I don’t think so. His next job in England in my view will be League 1 at best. To be honest I thought he might have gone for the Dundee United job in Scotland. I think what happened in the last 12 months at North End has massively tainted his reputation.
It wouldn't surprise me if he were to be in charge of Blackburn around October/November time.

Nor does there appear to be many, if any, suitable vacancies.

Swansea will go for Howe/Lampard and pray they deliver and can bring in loans to supplement the squad.
John Eustace, QPR number 2, is 1/6 favourite with Sky Bet. Apparently he was close to getting the job last time.

Howe and Lampard are now 16/1 for the job.

My feelings as well, but a lot of people felt he'd walk into a decent Championship job. Maybe they're right - at one point I thought he'd eventually end up at Ewood - time will tell.

Nor does there appear to be many, if any, suitable vacancies.

Swansea will go for Howe/Lampard and pray they deliver and can bring in loans to supplement the squad.
No chance. They’re absolutely skint, it’ll be another internal appointment or someone a bit left field like the last two. Eustace and Toshack the early front runners.

Could still see Neil ending up at Stoke if the Northern Irish guy doesn't improve this season.

Matt Grimes on his way to Fulham for 4m. 4m for one of the best midfielders in the league

They’re screwed

Dont really rate him to be honest, but he was an important part of their team.

Ayew and the Prem Loans were how Swansea built back to back playoff campaigns, Grimes was a secondary piece

Dont really rate him to be honest, but he was an important part of their team.

Ayew and the Prem Loans were how Swansea built back to back playoff campaigns, Grimes was a secondary piece
Think Grimes is one who's underappreciated until he's gone. Swansea fans never really rated him

It wouldn't surprise me if he were to be in charge of Blackburn around October/November time.
New head of recruitment there , the word at Deadwood Park is that Tony Mowbray has cocked it up given the squad he has had .

Some have said on here that given the forward line that they had , they should have been top six or eight at the very least

New head of recruitment there , the word at Deadwood Park is that Tony Mowbray has cocked it up given the squad he has had .

Some have said on here that given the forward line that they had , they should have been top six or eight at the very least

Talking of managers leaving how is he still in a job? His commitment to finishing below North End is quite something.

Armstrong scored 28 goals (5 assists) last season, Elliot 7(11). By comparison our best performers were Sinclair 9(1) and Potts 5(1). Yet they finished 4 points below us!

Eh!!?

Talking of managers leaving how is he still in a job? His commitment to finishing below North End is quite something.

Armstrong scored 28 goals (5 assists) last season, Elliot 7(11). By comparison our best performers were Sinclair 9(1) and Potts 5(1). Yet they finished 4 points below us!

Eh!!?
see thread about our ' illustrious ' neighbours that won the Premier League 26 years ago , then were relegated 4 years after

It all went wrong with the Venkys sacking Big Fat Sam who they didn't like , but I know Bolton fans that were perfectly happy as long as they were in the Premier League ; and they've been in the Championship since 2012 with a ' turn ' in League One in 2017

Eh!!?
Yes it is odd

65 goals , one less than Cardiff that would normally get a club in the top eight or even sneaking into the play off places , goal difference of eleven as opposed to Preston's minus seven , mainly due to bad defending , injuries and transfers , players played out of position , and the odd pasting or two ? conceding four goals which contributed towards the manager getting the sack .

Cardiff was a disgrace , losing 4-0 and missing two penalties .

Usually beat Rovers though , apart from that loss at Deepdale last November , which obviously didn't go down well at all ! .

Armstrong was the second highest scorer in the championship , Ivan Toney with 31 goals was the top scorer , some expect Brentford to consolidate in the Premiership , the top six clubs will be keeping an eye on him ? ; might get a big money move , even a England cap off ' Sir Gareth Southgate ' in a season or two ? .

Southampton offered £4m for Armstrong , Newcastle will get 40 % of the fee , they've been told to improve their offer but £20 m is silly money ? as there simply isn't the money around anymore for the ' smaller ' Premiership clubs having their revenue affected by covid ? .

Watford were interested too , offering Andre Gray and cash

Harvey Elliot has gone back to Liverpool as back up for Mo Salah but Jurgen Klopp has plans for him apparently

Rovers had the second most completed passes in the Championship , but the counter argument is the pitch is terrible . Some there have been moaning about him tinkering with the team , with no settled line ups , his substitutions and just plain going on and on blaming everyone but himself , repeating himself on Radio Lancashire ! .

Some were moaning about the centre half Jarrad Brantwaite , however Carlo Ancelotti sent there to get him ready for Everton ; it's simply how things work ! . The owner has appointed Rafa Benitez despite all the protests , he's plans for him as the defence there needs sorting out ? .

The other one Taylor Harwood Bellis has gone to Anderlecht on loan , again it's up to Pep Guardiola at Man City

Some comments by the Plastics after losing to Preston at Deadwood Park 🤣:ROFLMAO:

I know quite a few plastics and not one of them rates Mowbray and have wanted him out for ages. They could be in trouble if they lose Armstrong who you'd think will now be looking for a big move.

I think its possible Neil could end up there. Would be an ideal job for him from a distance point of view with him living in the area still. I believe Neil to be a very good manager, it just went sour here as I feel like he'd given up a bit. He probably felt given the lack of budget that he'd taken us as far as he could do.