PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Stoke

D

if he hadn't played we may have let 2 goals in

Saying something might have happened is not an equally weighted argument to something that actually happened.

Nugent might have scored a hat trick if he'd started instead of Maguire. It's just pointless wishful thinking. Judge people on what they actually do, not the ifs, buts and maybes.

Saying something might have happened is not an equally weighted argument to something that actually happened.

Nugent might have scored a hat trick if he'd started instead of Maguire. It's just pointless wishful thinking. Judge people on what they actually do, not the ifs, buts and maybes.
bowland could be saying ~Had Clarke not won 2 vital headers that Fisher wouldnt then we might have conceded two... i.e. something Clarke did do?

Sure but saying that another player wouldn't have done any defending there is the implied issue.

What didn't happen is just speculation.

I think Clarke has a role to play for us, and I like AN's willingness to match up answers the perceived threats. I just don't think it's reasonable to discount the tangible mistakes by trying to balance them with maybes.

It may be on Sky tomorrow night but since this storm started on Saturday night my Sky signal has been useless......!!!!!

Is anyone else having similar problems?

so why does Neil pick Clarke over Fisher when we play the likes of Millwall; Cardiff ?? Because he wins more headers !

Well Cardiff away Fisher was suspended, as he was vs Leeds away which were perfect games for Clarke really. The mistake was keeping him in Vs Reading when Fisher was back available. The Millwall one at the start of the season seemed to be down to what happened last week and because we hadn't had chance to scout them this season for obvious reasons.

If Hughes is struggling then I wouldn't be surprised to see Clarke and Fisher as the full backs but if Hughes is fit then it should be Hughes and Fisher at full back.

Any news on Hughes? as much as think Rafu is doing a great job at left back, his lack of a an overlap and a cross from the byline is lessening our options and effectiveness going forward imo. we could also do his height too.

But how often does Hughes get crosses in from the byline? In fact both full backs seem to be under instruction not to venture that far but to cross from a deeper position or pass infield. Fisher does occasionally get to the line but against Swansea there was often an acre of space he could have driven into but he chose not to.

Fisher and Hughes lack a bit of pace to get back from their byline to cover ours so may be under instruction to be cautious

Whoever AN picks I just hope he plays the ball on the ground, Pearson played 2 passes Saturday that showed how easy it is to create chances. 1 to Johnson to set Barkhuzen up and the 1 Sinclair should’ve finished. Forget the long punts upfield with the pace in the team along the ground and get there centre halves tied up. Simples

Whoever AN picks I just hope he plays the ball on the ground, Pearson played 2 passes Saturday that showed how easy it is to create chances. 1 to Johnson to set Barkhuzen up and the 1 Sinclair should’ve finished. Forget the long punts upfield with the pace in the team along the ground and get there centre halves tied up. Simples

Just another incredibly simplistic view on the game of football.

Just another incredibly simplistic view on the game of football.
Aye maybe Kingy but he has a point. We opened Wigan up twice with movement an nicely weighted passes on the ground. Look at the goal away at Leeds, break up Leeds play, another nicely weighted pass from Pearl upto Barky an onto Browne, another goal

Fisher is miles better going forward, if he plays we might have scored another goal. See how easy this is?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. All I base it on is what happened on the pitch. Clarke cost us a goal then saved us a goal at the end. Could fisher have done that? Nobody knows.

David Brent: 'If my Auntie had bollocks she'd be my Uncle.'

Far too much sentimentality amongst our fans. Clarke hasn’t been good enough for 3 years. He’s a back up and when Fisher is available he plays every time and I’m sure Neil learnt that in the Reading game.