Summer 2020 Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pumba

Advisor to the Owner
Northampton based PNE fan here. Never thought I had something important to contribute so left making an account until now 😂

I've watched Northampton a few teams this season as well as their playoff campaign and obviously have friends who are season ticket holders. Hoskins has been incredible for this season for them since moving to a CAM/ST role and I think would be an improvement on Barky!

With Nugent in talks to go in the other direction surely this wouldn't be impossible?

Sorry mate but we’re just naturally dubious on here because we’ve seen so many of these wind-ups before.

In fact, the reason I joined the forum in about 2010 (as an infantile moron) was to propagate a ludicrous rumour about Michael Owen joining.

This is all pure bollocks, an improvement on Barky, out of all our options? Wtf.
You have to wonder how many games this Southern White really watches to be suggesting Barky. He could however be a possible replacement for Bodin though? Can’t imagine his future at PNE will last much longer...

Southern-White

Youth Team
You have to wonder how many games this Southern White really watches to be suggesting Barky. He could however be a possible replacement for Bodin though? Can’t imagine his future at PNE will last much longer...

Obviously can't get to as many homes games as I'd like to but I do try and get to as many of the London area away games as possible!

Apparently Hoskins did keep Bodin out of the Northampton team when they were both there at the same time also

Thracia

Forum Patron
Patron
Has there been any actual official confirmation of this 25 man squad rule?
Was outlined in this Telegraph article the other week:
Telegraph said:
Championship clubs will be limited to 25 players under new rules which will ease over-spending in the English Football League. It is the first time clubs outside the top tier have agreed to set the squad limit, which also includes a minimum eight players needing to be 'home grown'.

League One and League Two will be restricted even further, with a limit of 22 registered players agreed. Clubs also agreed to decrease the overall figure further to a maximum of 20 players in the lower tier in 2021/22

The limits, which brings the Championship in line with Premier League rules, do not apply to cup competitions or include under-21s unless they were signed on loan

An agreement was reached at a meeting between the clubs while the Premier League comes under pressure to provide more support to the entire footballing pyramid as clubs face potential extinction post-Covid-19.

Exclusive: EFL to cap squad sizes to help ease financial pressure on clubs | Telegraph

Bobbage

4th Choice Keeper
Patron
Didn't the Lashers just loan one of their donkeys to Northampton? I'm thinking there's a few bored people on the Fylde who have been Googling Northampton forwards and were upset at watching Squires Gate on the BBC last night so started a few PNE rumours to make themselves feel better....

Double J

Forum Patron
Patron
Sam Hoskins, the man single handily took my Alfreton team to the Championship on the recent version of Football Manager. That’s the extent of my knowledge of him.
Suffered a 12 month injury, never found his way back into the side and was sold to Burton Albion for 100k.

Status
Not open for further replies.