Summer 2020 Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

HunterLionheart

Forum Patron
Patron
Unless Sheff Utd are happy paying a million to loan him for 6 months instead of committing to a long contract, then sign him permanently in the summer if he suits their team. Hemmings would probably take the million and its absolutely nothing for a Prem club.

Hemmings recoups a little bit of cash, Sheff Utd sign a decent player, we're fucked. It sounds plausible to me.

I mean we have to accept a bid, regardless. Why would we accept a pittance? If we wanted to sell him, we would and could have done it in Summer.

PNE-Loyal

Reserve
Not sure about that. He's a very good player and should definitely be playing at a higher level than the LOI.

Saying that we did sign the league's best players in Burke and O'Connor and we know how that went.

He's consistently in the national team however

Id say Maguire is the only one we've had from Eire who's been hyped to the level of Bryne. And that was certainly justified in those first few months before the injury.

He's technically levels above that league. As mentioned previously with the league one/two signings my concern would be with him as an athlete. But its his position is as a Gallagher type midfielder with cutting passes, decent shot and loving the ball - his lack of pace isn't as much an issue.

Him failing at other teams here doesn't matter to me as a bit of a shot to nothing if he's free. He's at an age now where if he doesn't get his head down he will never make the big money, so we could get him at just the right time. It might make us appeal more than Forest as well, where he will be less likely to get a chance generally but especially with us potentially losing 4 CMs in the summer

Mahogany Rush

Advisor to the Owner
Nugent and Gallagher are two players who we have wasted money this season both sadly way past their best although Huntington has been a good servant for me it’s another player on the fringes of the squad who we will be paying his wages to mostly be sat on the bench if at all . Games in the championship come thick and fast and we can’t afford to have a player who if needed cant play twice or three times in a week . For me we need players who will make a case to stay in the first team when given a chance not a backup. We need strength in depth I’m sorry but we lack that and with a squad now of 25 maximum we cannot carry stop gap players .

Mahogany Rush

Advisor to the Owner
Nugent and Gallagher are two players who we have wasted money this season both sadly way past their best although Huntington has been a good servant for me it’s another player on the fringes of the squad who we will be paying his wages to mostly be sat on the bench if at all . Games in the championship come thick and fast and we can’t afford to have a player who if needed cant play twice or three times in a week . For me we need players who will make a case to stay in the first team when given a chance not a backup. We need strength in depth I’m sorry but we lack that and with a squad now of 25 maximum we cannot carry stop gap players .
We need oven ready players, buy we won't pay the rates 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.