PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Summer 2023 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
No decent players down the road then?
By the way Ince has looked dangerous against us on numerous occasions.
Are they that decent if they've just gone down?

I can't remember a good game Ince has had against us to be honest.

Are they that decent if they've just gone down?

I can't remember a good game Ince has had against us to be honest.
I don't agree with this notion that some people keep saying if they've been relegated then they can't be good enough.

Luton signed 5 players from relegated Championship teams last season.

Pretty sure we'd all also had taken Styles and Mads Andersen too. And Barnsley were the team who finished rock bottom of the league.

What's it got to do with Ridsdale!
Were we trying to sign him??
Ridsdale is the Hemmings' man for all things football.

He doesn't just negotiate contracts. He has sent text messages and emails to fans where, when questioned about his performance at the club, personally claims credit for the signings "he" has made, in addition to regularly attending games to watch potential targets live.

If he is responsible for the good signings, then he is also responsible for the moves the bad signings, the signings we fail to get over the line and the players we fail to identify. He cannot have it both ways, as much as he tries to make every situation look like the sun shines out of his arse.

In failing to sign Ennis, we have let a player slip through our fingers to local rivals who was available for no fee, plays in a position we desperately need depth in, is fairly young, is someone the manager has worked with before and has been successful in a lower division.

Given the above, I'd suggest it has everything to do with Ridsdale. Again.

I don't agree with this notion that some people keep saying if they've been relegated then they can't be good enough.

Pretty sure we'd all also had taken Styles and Mads Andersen too. And Barnsley were the team who finished rock bottom of the league.
Good post. It’s a tight division anyway with often not much between the teams. Makes sense to target.

He doesn't just negotiate contracts. He has sent text messages and emails to fans where, when questioned about his performance at the club, personally claims credit for the signings "he" has made, in addition to regularly attending games to watch potential targets live.

If he is responsible for the good signings, then he is also responsible for the moves the bad signings, the signings we fail to get over the line and the players we fail to identify. He cannot have it both ways, as much as he tries to make every situation look like the sun shines out of his arse.

In failing to sign Ennis, we have let a player slip through our fingers to local rivals who was available for no fee, plays in a position we desperately need depth in, is fairly young, is someone the manager has worked with before and has been successful in a lower division.

Maybe Ennis doesn’t want to link back up with Lowe? I don’t think anyone has, including his own back room staff.

Still waiting to see what dirt Parrott has to dish about Lowe as he told us he would in an interview towards the back end of the season, maybe someone can find it?

Yeah, I agree with that.

Southampton are about to be raised and nobody is bothered that the players were recently relegated.

Good players get relegated in bad teams.

Not trying to say that good players can't be relegated - there are good players at most clubs and relegation can sometimes be an opportunity to get them out of that club on the cheap.

It's quite a basic (almost stupidly-obvious) statement that I was trying to make, but if they had plenty of good players they wouldn't have been relegated. The table doesn't often lie after 46 games.

I think Luton made some shrewd signings with the relegated clubs. I don't have an issue with it when it's done well.

Meanwhile, we're supposedly looking at Max Power?

Just the type of signing we would make...if we were an ambitious club with a savvy transfer strategy

Meanwhile we will work with Woodburn and Range Rover driving Ravel Morrison look a like.
I hope not - that was Ravi from the newsagents on Inkerman Street!

Not trying to say that good players can't be relegated - there are good players at most clubs and relegation can sometimes be an opportunity to get them out of that club on the cheap.

It's quite a basic (almost stupidly-obvious) statement that I was trying to make, but if they had plenty of good players they wouldn't have been relegated. The table doesn't often lie after 46 games.

I think Luton made some shrewd signings with the relegated clubs. I don't have an issue with it when it's done well.

Meanwhile, we're supposedly looking at Max Power?
Believe it was said earlier in the week that there's nothing in the Max Power rumour.

Maybe Ennis doesn’t want to link back up with Lowe? I don’t think anyone has, including his own back room staff.

Still waiting to see what dirt Parrott has to dish about Lowe as he told us he would in an interview towards the back end of the season, maybe someone can find it?
That wouldn't be good imo. For me , if Lowe had a rep so much that players don't want to play for him then I'd be worried.

Although that wasn't all they signed, and 3 of them didn't play much - plus Luton were already coming off a play-off campaign, augmenting something they had already been successfully building for a while, hence the club-record fee paid for Morris (imagine that!).

Whereas we're a bog-standard mid-table side, just about to lose the little bit of creative quality we still have left, while our permanent outfield signings from last season are all OoC (the auto-triggered crisp bag aside) and being offered hopeful extensions.

Which to me isn't the best platform from which to be potentially stocking up on moody cheapo relegated guys in the Tom Ince mould.

In failing to sign Ennis, we have let a player slip through our fingers to local rivals who was available for no fee, plays in a position we desperately need depth in, is fairly young, is someone manager has worked with before and has been successful in a lower division.

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest Ennis was even a target.
So, throwing your toys out of the pram because he's bound for Ewood or whoever is frankly ridiculous.
You actually sound mad because he's signed for Rovers.
We can blame Ridsdale for plenty of things but not this.
If anyone got away it was the lad at Burnley wanted to stay local gone to Norwich, proven at Championship level.

Although that wasn't all they signed, and 3 of them didn't play much - plus Luton were already coming off a play-off campaign, augmenting something they had already been successfully building for a while, hence the club-record fee paid for Morris (imagine that!).

Whereas we're a bog-standard mid-table side, just about to lose the little bit of creative quality we still have left, while our permanent outfield signings from last season are all OoC (the auto-triggered crisp bag aside) and being offered hopeful extensions.

Which to me isn't the best platform from which to be potentially stocking up on moody cheapo relegated guys in the Tom Ince mould.
Of course it wasn't all they signed. But all their budget practically went on two of them. I'd have taken about 6 players from that relegated Barnsley team.

Obviously I'm not saying all relegated players could be good and fair game, like Tom Ince, but I don't think we should be saying that players who are relegated are probably not good enough either.

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest Ennis was even a target.
So, throwing your toys out of the pram because he's bound for Ewood or whoever is frankly ridiculous.
You actually sound mad because he's signed for Rovers.
We can blame Ridsdale for plenty of things but not this.
If anyone got away it was the lad at Burnley wanted to stay local gone to Norwich, proven at Championship level.
You're right - in a situation where we have as little money as we do, we should be spending our whole transfer budget on signing a 33 year old player rather than trying to build a decent squad for little cost with potentially valuable assets who are a decade younger than that.

Maybe with your strategy we'd even be able to make 2 whole signings.

The lack of evidence that we were in for Ennis is part of the problem and points to the overarching issue that we never even identified him. That's literally the whole point of scouting, which Ridsdale carries out himself to a large degree and therefore is at the very least jointly responsible for.

The chairman said in his recent statement that we are looking to recruit with a view to selling and reinvesting as we did successfully in the past. For the reasons I pointed out in the post you replied to, Ennis was a prime candidate for that type of transfer and we're not even mentioned as an interested party. Deepdale Digest wrote an article suggesting surely this is someone we should be in for.

Now that the "one that got away" has buggered off to Norwich, who are you suggesting we go for? I hear Messi's available on a free, he's only 36 in June!

Status
Not open for further replies.