Summer Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

pne1881

Advisor to the Owner
Josh Windass moved clubs yet? Played up front at Wednesday and bagged 3 in 9. If he moves on the cheap I think we've missed out, supposedly a long term target too.
Spilt the support at Rangers but I quite liked him.

Another one with loads of ability but questionable attitude. Bit of a luxury player & not up form the wet Tuesday night at Stoke scenario.

First Team
Top of the list of new contracts I hope is DJ and Ben Pearson. I do think one of our assets will be sold to help balance books.
I’d keep Gallagher on a one year deal providing he lowers his wage a bit as he won’t be a regular starter. But his experience is vital to us.
interesting few weeks ahead.

California_PNE

Forum Patron
Patron
When people mention they'd keep gally but lower his wage, does anyone really care what wage he's on or if it's lower?

Again being a pne supporter following logic of lowering his wage in order to allow potential delta freed up to be used on a 20 goal a year striker just doesn't stack up - couldn't give a shit what wage he's on and couldn't give a shit if we never sell another player

JohnPNE

Advisor to the Owner
No idea if the Salford rumour is true. But he would be an excellent signing for them, and a club I presume we can sort out a compromise that saves us money and they can afford the difference.

I feel sorry for Nugent. I actually thought he played decent in some games. But he was used far too often because of our lack of options. Too much was expected from him because of this. When really we should have had at least one younger and better option, with Nugent being used in some games for last 20 minutes.

Training starts a week on Wednesday. No new signings, no confirmation on Gallagher, no news on player deals, no new kit available (revenue for the club), concerning times.
I think it's a bit harsh to judge the club on new signings yet as the season only finished less than two weeks ago. Usually there is a whole two months before pre season even starts.

The contract situation is a bit worrying but it looks like things are starting to move in regards to new contracts according to the LEP article.

Chip Barm

Not Kesserling
Patron
When people mention they'd keep gally but lower his wage, does anyone really care what wage he's on or if it's lower?

Again being a pne supporter following logic of lowering his wage in order to allow potential delta freed up to be used on a 20 goal a year striker just doesn't stack up - couldn't give a shit what wage he's on and couldn't give a shit if we never sell another player
The point about transfer fees not being reinvested is a fair one as it makes little difference if we sell someone for £1 million of £25 million as we don't see much more invested in replacements.

However, the wage bill is something that needs to go up year on year and if we serious in trying to extend Davies, Pearson, and DJ we need that moveabilty in the wage bill.

Our three oldest players are our highest earners. Gally could have earned a lot more money elsewhere and we all know the personal reasons for his commitment to staying at PNE and we all have huge respect for that. Although we can't continue to pay him top wack and with Paul I don't think money will really come into at this point (although he wouldn't play a full year for free).

So in reality it does make a huge difference on recruiting and keeping our better players although I do accept that you can have the highest wage bill in the league but when your owner offers £2 quid a piece of coal as a transfer fee you may never get to that point to start with.

California_PNE

Forum Patron
Patron
The point about transfer fees not being reinvested is a fair one as it makes little difference if we sell someone for £1 million of £25 million as we don't see much more invested in replacements.

However, the wage bill is something that needs to go up year on year and if we serious in trying to extend Davies, Pearson, and DJ we need that moveabilty in the wage bill.

Our three oldest players are our highest earners. Gally could have earned a lot more money elsewhere and we all know the personal reasons for his commitment to staying at PNE and we all have huge respect for that. Although we can't continue to pay him top wack and with Paul I don't think money will really come into at this point (although he wouldn't play a full year for free).

So in reality it does make a huge difference on recruiting and keeping our better players although I do accept that you can have the highest wage bill in the league but when your owner offers £2 quid a piece of coal as a transfer fee you may never get to that point to start with.
I do understand but I think your last para summarises the situation far better than my clumsy attempt.

Where as gally, I personally don't care what wage he's on, nor do I care if it's lowered, but because the logic is that if he took a 50% pay cut the wage pot would be approx. +5k a week more to play with, if I was certain that amounted to persuading a few to sign extensions at increased wage and maybe be able to offer a competitive wage to a new striker then it makes sense, but as I say - we're north end supporters 😏

SoccerHQ

Manager
Can see Patrick Roberts ending up here as a wide option. Had a few loans from Man. City without not doing too much. Will be available again next season.

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
Can see Patrick Roberts ending up here as a wide option. Had a few loans from Man. City without not doing too much. Will be available again next season.
Was superb at Celtic in his first loan spell, really looked the business. Struggle to break into the side 2nd time around and struggled in Spain

pne99

First Team
Did very little at Blackburn, Wigan, Oldham, and Kilmarnock.

Now playing in the League of Ireland in his mid-20s.

As I said, would be another Burke.
Only player over there who might be worth a punt at the moment is Danny Mandroiu, Ireland under 21 international, got released by Brighton about 18 months ago, 17 goals in 39 games from midfield for Bohemians since then, including this one off his weaker foot
Wouldn't cost much, especially in the current financial climate and Bohs are fan owned so must be getting short of cash without any outside investment.

sports rehab

Advisor to the Owner
Thats the way I read it too.....

Also Sedds telling us contract talks with various players representatives have been going well....

All this whilst Neil is having secret meetings under the Clifton suspension bridge apparently.

hopefully PR is just getting on with the job of doing what AN wants - the better players to commit with him and then see if Kevin Ellison is available.

MBcha

Manager
Thats the way I read it too.....

Also Sedds telling us contract talks with various players representatives have been going well....

All this whilst Neil is having secret meetings under the Clifton suspension bridge apparently.

hopefully PR is just getting on with the job of doing what AN wants - the better players to commit with him and then see if Kevin Ellison is available.
Wouldn't it just be North End to sign a winger who's older than our manager!?