Summer Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

OP
O

oliharg

First Team
Been a lot more word on Twitter about Mark Duffy signing, unsure how much truth behind it there is or if he was trying to push a move himself seeing as he is 35 in October.

keithaw

Manager
Ex PNE Loanee has got himself a big move.
Get French Football News
@GFFN
· 15m
Stephy Mavididi has now passed his medical with Montpellier - fee is €5.7m excluding bonuses, according to @MohamedTERParis.

Bobbage

Advisor to the Owner
Rumours rangers can’t afford him, so that rules us out 😂
I know, but in ye olde times we beat them to signing Chris Humphrey while in a lower league so miracles can happen...

There's going to be a lot of clubs desperate for cash this summer. If Hemmings uses his brazen twattishness properly, we might be able to pick up another couple of Barkhuizen type deals.

jamesOB

Advisor to the Owner
Ex PNE Loanee has got himself a big move.
Get French Football News
@GFFN
· 15m
Stephy Mavididi has now passed his medical with Montpellier - fee is €5.7m excluding bonuses, according to @MohamedTERParis.
5 and half million. Football has truly gone mad

OP
O

oliharg

First Team
Anyone got any idea if we are looking at Luke Garbutt the LB who has just been released from Everton after being on loan at Ipswich last season, seems to have an absolute wand of a left foot and would be a 100% upgrade on what we have.

FredElseFlyer

Forum Patron
Patron
Anyone got any idea if we are looking at Luke Garbutt the LB who has just been released from Everton after being on loan at Ipswich last season, seems to have an absolute wand of a left foot and would be a 100% upgrade on what we have.
If he is that good I shouldn't think so for a minute 😏

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
I mentioned him last week. He is someone I think we should be looking at and would compliment Fisher well on the left

kbd_pne

Forum Patron
Patron
Garbutt is 27 and he’s only just left his Everton contract, despite being nowhere near their team for years.

I’m always a bit sceptical of these guys who spend years and years out on loan and then always return to their comfort zone.

LancasterRed

Mad Scientist
Patron
Southampton in the market for a DM, as well as the previously mentioned Everton. (maybe this wasn't mentioned on here, I'm not sure)

As hard as it is to accept, I really can't see Pearo staying.

kbd_pne

Forum Patron
Patron
Southampton in the market for a DM, as well as the previously mentioned Everton. (maybe this wasn't mentioned on here, I'm not sure)

As hard as it is to accept, I really can't see Pearo staying.
Everton have watched Pearson a lot over the years.

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
I wouldn't mind Lawrence Shankland if we are only willing to go to around £1.5m tops. Looks a natural goal scorer to me.

I appreciate that it is Scottish League footy but I would rather him than yet another Irish / L2 punt.

At least his goals record will excite the fans and offer a ray of hope.

chrisrw

Manager
I wouldn't mind Lawrence Shankland if we are only willing to go to around £1.5m tops. Looks a natural goal scorer to me.

I appreciate that it is Scottish League footy but I would rather him than yet another Irish / L2 punt.

At least his goals record will excite the fans and offer a ray of hope.
Do we really need still more "rays of hope" who turn out to be hopeless?

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
Do we really need still more "rays of hope" who turn out to be hopeless?
We won't buy any quality ready made Championship English Strikers.
We won't shop and buy any Strikers from Europe.
We won't pay any Loan Fee required for a quality Striker.
We don't produce any Strikers from our Youth Team set-up.

Have you a better suggestion?

Because the above, whilst true, leaves us in an extremely limited landscape.

A landscape of L2 and Ireland.