PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheffield United if they manage to hold onto it

They've had a great season but I assume you've seen their results since season restarted? They'll do well to finish in top half now.

I assume West Brom have option to buy Robbo if they go up so suspect it's a moot point anyway.

They've had a great season but I assume you've seen their results since season restarted? They'll do well to finish in top half now.

I assume West Brom have option to buy Robbo if they go up so suspect it's a moot point anyway.
Nope. Wilder didn't even want him to go on loan but understood the need for game time

I take Brentford as a exact team who have done it correctly, if we was able to get a scouting system that can bring in players like Maupay and Benrahma for cheap like they can, rather than being ripped off in the domestic market, then I really think that’ll be a great next step. Just a shame that the club wouldn’t be thinking towards that, especially now COVID has happened.

To be fair, Brentford pay much more for foreign players than we pay for domestic ones.

And as we found out yesterday Brentford also spent £2M more than us on agents fees bringing in these not very cheap players. This needs factoring in as well not just the fee and wages.

Hence the if

Robbo will be playing Prem football next season.

Our shopping list is gonna look very different depending on what division we're in. Assuming we don't somehow win the playoffs, then first order of business will be the contracts of Pearson, Davies, Browne. Either they sign or they go. We need it done ASAP so we have as much time as possible to replace them, and so that we have a budget to work with.

It's probably gonna be the single most important transfer window in many years, signings that can either push us on or will see us relegated again.
Good point Hunter about it being the most important transfer window for years, possibly ever.

if we don’t go up then we will lose Pearson, Browne, Davies and possibly DJ

it will be the quality of their replacements that decides our fate in 2020/2021

Inferior replacements could leave us in a fight at the wrong end of the table...

Good point Hunter about it being the most important transfer window for years, possibly ever.

Inferior replacements could leave us in a fight at the wrong end of the table...

Nothing to say any of those will be leaving this summer just yet.

Championship Club finances are at tipping point at the moment, so it’s going to be a strange summer in the market that nobody can really predict right now.

I suspect we’ll lose at least one of the above, but would be mortified if we lost all 4.

Nothing to say any of those will be leaving this summer just yet.

Championship Club finances are at tipping point at the moment, so it’s going to be a strange summer in the market that nobody can really predict right now.

I suspect we’ll lose at least one of the above, but would be mortified if we lost all 4.
You are right, it is gonna be a strange summer.... clubs who traditionally splash the cash and go into debt doing it , might be reined in by their owners...

Actually on West Brom I can see Kenneth Zahore being available on loan.

They signed him for about 6m but he's not really figured due to Robson Kanu being in good form and Charlie Austin being the super sub off the bench plus all the other attacking figures they signed.

Not a prolific scorer but he did a good job leading the line when Cardiff went up two years ago and much more proven at championship level than Stockley or Moult.

I'd imagine he'll be on the list considering AN likes a targetman and he will be available.
I’d take him anyday, was brilliant in the 18/19 season for Cardiff. And to be fair he’s the exact striker that would fit Neil’s way of playing.

This - depressingly - sounds all too familiar...

Have to think though. This will be the most amount of money we make off player sales, adding to the fact that we will clear out some more players who aren’t good enough. That will leave us around 30 million.

Although we know we won’t get to spend 30m, I’m sure 10m might be ours to spend which isn’t brilliant, but under the current circumstances it might aswell be. There’s some brilliant free agents out there like Morgan Fox who’s just left Sheffield Wednesday. As well as having more wages for a few loans if needed.

One thing is for certain no matter what happens in these final games or this summer, we must sign a striker.

Nope. Wilder didn't even want him to go on loan but understood the need for game time
Nope! My Brother in law is a Blade, ST holder and says Robbo doesn't look like he can make the cut in the Prem. Yes they let him leave for games but Wilder was not against the idea at all.

Nope! My Brother in law is a Blade, ST holder and says Robbo doesn't look like he can make the cut in the Prem. Yes they let him leave for games but Wilder was not against the idea at all.
Good for your brother in law. I'm more inclined to listen to the interviews given by manager though as if he is anything like the football experts on here...

Maybe the club thinks that the replacements are already in place, Potts, Harrop, Ledson, Storey and Bayliss?

If Chris Wilder can make Mcgoldrick, Sharp, Lundstram, Jack Robinson and co cut it in the prem, he can do the same or Robbo

Good for your brother in law. I'm more inclined to listen to the interviews given by manager though as if he is anything like the football experts on here...
Brother in law has a Box, gets in the players lounge often. His words are that interview was just a diplomatic interview.

Thats just the list of those coming out of contract. Gally is on there so pinch of salt
Not a great deal on there that you think wow, he'd be decent for us. Only a select few. Ayala was my 1st thought from Boro but obviously wages will be huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.