PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rudd has improved this season. We need to upgrade on Ripley to give Rudd better competition. Hart would want to come in as the outright number 1.

As a defensive unit at times we'e looked good but 7 clean sheets in 39 games so far is not a good record for a side with top 6 aspirations.

Our biggest problem lies up front but we also have improvements to make at the back. Especially on crosses and set pieces.
We probably do need better cover and competition for Rudd, but I feel we have bigger and more important issues with other positions that take priority over a new GK.
How ever I can see some of our better players moving on to clubs who can offer bigger and better contracts than we can, but not for the huge fee's we have seen in the past.
As for North End, I expect to see little investment in the types of players we need to push on to make our top six aspirations real, just more lower league signings and youngster that need time to develop.

Arsenal’s 18 year old striker, Florian Balogun is leaving tomorrow after failing to sign a contract; all of Arsenal fans are upset like Manchester Utd were when Harrop left. He’s definitely worth a punt if we sign another striker this window with him. 15 games in Premier League 2 this season 10 goals and 4 assists.

Worth a try, but knowing us now - I doubt it.

Arsenal’s 18 year old striker, Florian Balogun is leaving tomorrow after failing to sign a contract; all of Arsenal fans are upset like Manchester Utd were when Harrop left. He’s definitely worth a punt if we sign another striker this window with him. 15 games in Premier League 2 this season 10 goals and 4 assists.

Worth a try, but knowing us now - I doubt it.

Get real. Arsenal turned down £5million from Brentford for him in January.

Get real. Arsenal turned down £5million from Brentford for him in January.
Makes you wonder then, why turn down 5 million if you aren’t going to play him and just let him run down his contract. Same goes for Angel Gomes at United who is leaving too.

Because they wanted to keep him and have him sign a new contract but the player believes he is better than Arsenal.

Lower your expectations.

Then lower them again.

Several times.
We’ve come to expect disappointment recently. Remember when we signed Harrop and Pearson from United. Pearson won the prestigious young player of the year at United. And now all we are doing is signing players from Exeter standard.

Joe Savage the recruitment manager who Neil brought in apparently has a wide knowledge of players; even abroad. Never seen us linked to a player abroad.

And it all comes down to the owner, no ambition nothing. I understand he makes a loss every year, but he tops that up with player sales. Our most expensive signing is 1.5 million. For a team that is 7th in the Championship, and who was top of the league after 15 games is abysmal. We have no U23 side, so we lose out on young players who go to other clubs. There is never any more news on the training ground.

Hemmings is holding this club back as he is fine with mediocrity and making sure this club just stays afloat. What’s the point? I’d much rather take a chance. And if it doesn’t work then so be it. But at least we tried.

And it all comes down to the owner, no ambition nothing. I understand he makes a loss every year, but he tops that up with player sales. Our most expensive signing is 1.5 million.

Perhaps one of our resident ITKers can confirm this, but I'm pretty sure this is also the figure Hemmings paid himself with the club's money for the land he didn't want to build houses on at Ingol earlier this year.

I bet the cunt sold us the land with the newts on.

I’ll be surprised if we pay a fee for anyone over the next few windows. There are some good players available on free’s but it depends if they bring in the managers first choices. If you’re expecting the names some folk are suggesting you’re only going to be disappointed.

We probably do need better cover and competition for Rudd, but I feel we have bigger and more important issues with other positions that take priority over a new GK.

I think it has to be a priority. As it stands any injury to Rudd is disastrous as Ripley would have to play. He seems to concede 3 goals every time he plays.

I mentioned him last summer. Went to Stoke and hardly played for whatever reason but then they're a club now where decent attacking players can't do anything.

He's an AM so that would suggest DJ will be moving on which I don't think would be a great swop given his age.

I think if anyone it will be Harrop, Get the feeling AN doesnt like him. Player of the month, then dropped after it, our form went downhill, lads confidence must be shot.

Personally i rate Harrop and believe he deserves game time, more so than the likes of Potts and Bodin

I’ll be surprised if we pay a fee for anyone over the next few windows. There are some good players available on free’s but it depends if they bring in the managers first choices. If you’re expecting the names some folk are suggesting you’re only going to be disappointed.

Who are the good players available on frees who are realistic targets and better than the players we have?

Who are the good players available on frees who are realistic targets and better than the players we have?
Jackson Irvine, Liam Garbutt, and if Ben Davies leaves then it’ll be a good signing to bring in Morgan Fox

To create a chance you need two things. Someone with the ability to supply the necessary ball be it a cross or a through ball and someone with the ability to be in the right place or create the necessary space to get on the end of it.

Which part of that equation do you think it is we are struggling with? We have one of the most talented midfields in the division and Fisher must have put about 10 balls into the box.

Yes we arent creating enough chances but it isn't down to the supply.

So the only reason we aren’t creating enough chances is because the striker isn’t in the right place at the right time.

Let’s forget about all them times the corner fails to best the first man or all the shit crosses. Putting aimless balls into the box isn’t the answer. I think out of fishers ten crosses on Saturday, 8 of them
Hit the first defender. So why is it stockley’s fault if our own players can’t cross the ball.

Also what the hell were our ‘talented’ midfield doing on Saturday if the only name you mention is fisher. Why weren’t they putting crosses into the box.

That Callum Morton (on loan at Northampton from West Brom) looks a propsect. 8 goals in 12 appearances including 3 in the play offs. Unlikely to get a look in if West Brom go up. Might be a fairly low cost gamble up front...

That Callum Morton (on loan at Northampton from West Brom) looks a propsect. 8 goals in 12 appearances including 3 in the play offs. Unlikely to get a look in if West Brom go up. Might be a fairly low cost gamble up front...
Can't see West Brom doing us any favours after the Alex Neil debacle. Would give him a go though.

Status
Not open for further replies.