PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southampton in the market for a DM, as well as the previously mentioned Everton. (maybe this wasn't mentioned on here, I'm not sure)

As hard as it is to accept, I really can't see Pearo staying.

Kieran Sadlier out of contract at Donny, 11 goals 6 assists from midfield?

Southampton in the market for a DM, as well as the previously mentioned Everton. (maybe this wasn't mentioned on here, I'm not sure)

As hard as it is to accept, I really can't see Pearo staying.

Everton have watched Pearson a lot over the years.

I wouldn't mind Lawrence Shankland if we are only willing to go to around £1.5m tops. Looks a natural goal scorer to me.

I appreciate that it is Scottish League footy but I would rather him than yet another Irish / L2 punt.

At least his goals record will excite the fans and offer a ray of hope.

I wouldn't mind Lawrence Shankland if we are only willing to go to around £1.5m tops. Looks a natural goal scorer to me.

I appreciate that it is Scottish League footy but I would rather him than yet another Irish / L2 punt.

Do we really need still more "rays of hope" who turn out to be hopeless?

Do we really need still more "rays of hope" who turn out to be hopeless?
We won't buy any quality ready made Championship English Strikers.
We won't shop and buy any Strikers from Europe.
We won't pay any Loan Fee required for a quality Striker.
We don't produce any Strikers from our Youth Team set-up.

Have you a better suggestion?

Because the above, whilst true, leaves us in an extremely limited landscape.

A landscape of L2 and Ireland.

We very rarely sign the absolutely elite players in a division. Horgan and Maguire being the two exceptions.

Shankland has been in form for years and has made the Scotland squad despite being in the Scottish Championship. He is very much an exception and would be a real statement signing

Shankland scores goals, I'll give you that, but Stevie May and David Goodwillie were prolific scorers, and at a level higher than Lawrence. As we know, especially with May, they both flopped when they came down South. Goodwillie even scraping the barrel, by playing and not scoring for Shitpool. Like Ireland, I'd give Scotland a wide berth.

I've always liked the look of Des Walker's lad Tyler. He scored a few while on loan at Mansfield but hasn't really featured much for Forest. I know people will say Mansfield, like Exeter (Stockley), are shit, but Watkins at Brentford was signed from Exeter, and he's done alright.

Last edited:
Some scrappy goals granted (sign of a good striker imo) but some of obvious quality, too.

Good close control and and certainly spin and turn with the ball before shooting.

Enjoy.

About the 4th goal in v Team in Blue, scored exactly as Ooh Tony Ellis for his 3rd away t'Lashers.

Anyone got any idea if we are looking at Luke Garbutt the LB who has just been released from Everton after being on loan at Ipswich last season, seems to have an absolute wand of a left foot and would be a 100% upgrade on what we have.

Have you actually seen him play? He is absolutely shite. Earned a living on his reputation of being "promising" up to U21 level. Must have had a long contract on the back of that too.

Have you actually seen him play? He is absolutely shite. Earned a living on his reputation of being "promising" up to U21 level. Must have had a long contract on the back of that too.
Much better than what we have.

Exactly this. I was fooled by his reputation but having seen him play a few times he's been absolutely dreadful on each occasion. Stay clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.