PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure how you can say that Hemmings realises his interference has been costly when we’ve not heard from him for 5 years.

No idea if the Salford rumour is true. But he would be an excellent signing for them, and a club I presume we can sort out a compromise that saves us money and they can afford the difference.

I feel sorry for Nugent. I actually thought he played decent in some games. But he was used far too often because of our lack of options. Too much was expected from him because of this. When really we should have had at least one younger and better option, with Nugent being used in some games for last 20 minutes.

Training starts a week on Wednesday. No new signings, no confirmation on Gallagher, no news on player deals, no new kit available (revenue for the club), concerning times.

I don't feel sorry for David, he is earning a very nice retirement pot. I expect Nuge will have wanted to make more an impact than he has and he is a professional so will be disappointed he hasn't done.

David genuinely cares about North End and like you say would have been expecting to play an experienced role in last 20 mins not to start games which when you consider his salary he needed to make more of an impact.

I was pleased he came back but only if we signed a younger main option, we didn't and considering Neil was very dubious about Nuge the owner dropped a huge bollock.

Not sure what we can do with the year left.

As for the kit.. its usually delayed whilst we sort sponsorship out and like its been said as we don't make direct profit per shirt they dont seem to care that they always miss summer sales and one of the last to be released.

I love Nuge. That goal against Palace, twas a thing of beauty. Inline with being absolutely sentimental, seeing him in the white shirt again brought a smile to my face.

If anyone happened to watch the Celtic game today and saw Frimpong the young right back who scored the 2nd...£350k from Man City

I don't feel sorry for David, he is earning a very nice retirement pot. I expect Nuge will have wanted to make more an impact than he has and he is a professional so will be disappointed he hasn't done.

David genuinely cares about North End and like you say would have been expecting to play an experienced role in last 20 mins not to start games which when you consider his salary he needed to make more of an impact.

I was pleased he came back but only if we signed a younger main option, we didn't and considering Neil was very dubious about Nuge the owner dropped a huge bollock.

Not sure what we can do with the year left.

As for the kit.. its usually delayed whilst we sort sponsorship out and like its been said as we don't make direct profit per shirt they dont seem to care that they always miss summer sales and one of the last to be released.
I feel sorry for him. He probably was fed a load of crap from Hemmings, and what could have been a fairytale end of career move for him has been a poor move. I don't think Nugent is the sort of person who will just be happy with the money he was offered.

In regards to the kit, completely understand we're paid a fee. However, in my business head I would want to sell as many kits as possible, which does benefit Just Sport more, but when it comes to renewing we would have a reason to then ask for more ourselves.

OK, so you are saying we're seriously supposed to compare this summer to that summer and conclude "oh, it's not so bad now then".

Maybe on that same basis we should compare this summer to 1958 and conclude it's absolutely terrible?

Or with 1889 and declare it a catastrophe?

What a stupid patronising post. You seem very full of yourself.

We was linked with him when he was at Kilmarnock back in 2017 before he did a pre-contract with Rangers.

Have to think we’d have to take a winger out of the squad if it was true.

Which i’d think would probably be Ginnelly.

We've got Barkhuizen, Sinclair and Bodin all under contract for next season. All wingers. Maguire arguably better off the left. Potts an option on the right. Harrop has played off the flank at times, albeit it not comfortably.

I think we won't be in for a winger and that Ginnelly will leave regardless.

Would rather go for Barker if available.

Predictably been injured/poor at Rangers.

There's one or two exceptions from the Scottish and Irish leagues that have shown they have the ability or potential. If Shankland or Byrne came in respectively I'd be very happy.

Jack Byrne would just be another Burke. Already failed in England.

Josh Windass moved clubs yet? Played up front at Wednesday and bagged 3 in 9. If he moves on the cheap I think we've missed out, supposedly a long term target too.

Josh Windass moved clubs yet? Played up front at Wednesday and bagged 3 in 9. If he moves on the cheap I think we've missed out, supposedly a long term target too.

I've always liked the look of him and quite fancied him since his Accy days but Wigan fans absolutely despise him for his attitude, lethargy and just general changing room disturbance. A few alluded to that fact that their turn in form midway through the season was due to him leaving.

Always happy to give someone a chance though as we've shown in the past, a player can blossom here despite how things went elsewhere. Sometimes it just doesn't click a la Fisher at Rovrum, whereas a change of scenery and manager might do him the world of good.

Jordan Jones is known for having one of the worst attitudes around. Whether he’s had that changed I don’t know, but even rangers fans commented on it

Also about a third of the league are after him too

Jordan Jones is getting punted from Rangers cos of his attitude if you believe what you read. No doubt he has ability but has only had a decent spell at Killie & has done the square root of nothing at Rangers so nothing to say he could cut it down here.

Would rather go for Barker if available.

He's been dreadful at Rangers & if he hadn't had a decent pre season he would be out on his ear as well. Again has ability but is far too inconsistent.

Reactions: OB1

Spilt the support at Rangers but I quite liked him.

Another one with loads of ability but questionable attitude. Bit of a luxury player & not up form the wet Tuesday night at Stoke scenario.

Top of the list of new contracts I hope is DJ and Ben Pearson. I do think one of our assets will be sold to help balance books.
I’d keep Gallagher on a one year deal providing he lowers his wage a bit as he won’t be a regular starter. But his experience is vital to us.
interesting few weeks ahead.

When people mention they'd keep gally but lower his wage, does anyone really care what wage he's on or if it's lower?

Again being a pne supporter following logic of lowering his wage in order to allow potential delta freed up to be used on a 20 goal a year striker just doesn't stack up - couldn't give a shit what wage he's on and couldn't give a shit if we never sell another player

Status
Not open for further replies.