PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding Johnson, lazy is the wrong word. He certainly didn't offer a lot when we didn't have the ball for a time, which is fair enough, that's not his natural game, and you can accept that if he comes up with the goods when we do have it. My view 18 months ago was that he needed to at least do a bit more in terms of covering space etc because he was offering nowhere near enough when we did have the ball. He was a fairly unluxurious luxury player and I'd lost patience.

Happy to admit I was wrong. Evidently moving him forward gets him better involved and, better yet, he now offers more in terms of pressing, covering space etc too. Great credit to him and I'm delighted to hold up my hands and announce myself as the clueless cock-end that i am.

If there is any truth in the talk of Macauley Bonne I think he is the best we could hope for. Unbelievable youth strike record before he struggled in pro game. Orient reinvented him in conference. I was sceptical about him stepping up to Champ but to be fair he knows where the net is and can play up front on own. Decent height and with Charlton's woes we could get him for around 500k I would think.

They want at least 750k so probably not.

club are doing well. 2 out 17 contract renewals done and all people are doing is pissing and moaning

Would you be celebrating a Michael Crowe or Graham Burke contract extension?

When Pearson, Davies & Fisher (DJ potentially as well, dont actually know how long he has left) are still unsigned, Im not getting excited over other renewals

Would you be celebrating a Michael Crowe or Graham Burke contract extension?

When Pearson, Davies & Fisher (DJ potentially as well, dont actually know how long he has left) are still unsigned, Im not getting excited over other renewals
I realised shortly after I posted that the correct feeling hadn't come over in this post.

Get the feeling that this reporter has read a few things on Twitter and is passing it up as an 'exclusive'.

Reluctantly read the article and it says that Preston 'could' make a bid. Doesn't read like a confident exclusive to me.

To be fair I would be quite happy with Macauley Bonne if and it's a big IF we sign him.

11 goals last season in a struggling side. (More than ours put together).

Incredible record at Orient - one goal in two games. Would be a decent signing.

Can’t see it being that high, especially being as Charlton are in trouble. Could see it being maybe 700k upfront.
They have signed 2 players this week & he has 2 years left dont It's like Wigan at charlton yet and they have a few in there last year

Status
Not open for further replies.