PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the norm for a transfer fee to be spread out over the course of the player’s contract.

North End might always want to pay fees up front, on the rare occasion we do spend money, but that’s pretty uncommon nowadays.
As Dave Seddon said though, the issue is if Rangers don't pay us, we're not covered by the EPL or EFL for that money.

I think that's the issue rather than the fee paid over a few years. It wouldn't be an issue if it was an English side offering similar.

Reactions: rem
giphy.gif

If PNE let DJ go for 3mil then we are either broke or those running the club are clueless
A player of his ability with the goals & assists is being given away at that price
I have no problem selling players in the last year of contract its good finacial sence but you don't give them away!
If he goes that cheap we have been mugged !!! I dont care if the player is unhappy or we lose 3 mil if we let our best players go that cheap we are sending out the wrong message all our players can be on bought on the cheap!!!

So why did we not do that with him last season, to get him some game time, games under his belt and experience?
If PNE let DJ go for 3mil then we are either broke or those running the club are clueless
A player of his ability with the goals & assists is being given away at that price
I have no problem selling players in the last year of contract its good finacial sence but you don't give them away!
If he goes that cheap we have been mugged !!! I dont care if the player is unhappy or we lose 3 mil if we let our best players go that cheap we are sending out the wrong message all our players can be on bought on the cheap!!!

I wouldn’t be surprised if transfer fees fall significantly from today. We lose if we sell but gain if, optimistically, we buy

Ibe looks fat.

He's another monokana. Lots of potential but heads not really in it
Another Ravel Morrison in the making whom today, at the age of just 27, has joined his 11th club.

The kid whom Sir Alex described as the most naturally gifted footballer he had ever seen.

Of course, his then off field associates left a lot to be desired... hence his bombing out by Man United.

Such a waste of what could have been...

Samatta wasn't involved last night and talk he's going to Fenerbache on loan.

Would be surprised if Davis gets loaned out now.

Davis looked tidy last night but didnt exactly do enough for the manager to consider him this season. Have they not signed another striker other than Watkins?

Unless you are including match day casual staff it is a small operation.

I could probably name most of the full time staff off the top of my head.
Have to say used to be a family club, but not anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.