• Please support our latest project if you can. Flags for Deepdale - Sea of blue and white. https://www.gofundme.com/f/Deepdaleflags

Summer Transfers 2022 : Rumours and Discussion

richiepne25

Forum Patron
Patron
Any midfielder brought in would be as cover/competition for DJ.

Ledson/Whiteman

Browne/Mccan

No plans to sell any of them.

It's not a priority position but there are 3 possibilities that could be too good to pass on if available to us with the right deal.
Not sure I like this way of thinking. If it’s not a priority position then it needs leaving alone until we’ve got all our priority positions sorted. If there’s still room to manoeuvre at the end then we should go for players available with the right deal. We’ve done this far too often recently and left ourselves having to play square pegs in round holes or players who aren’t upto it in other positions because we’ve stocked piled the Midfield.

SoccerHQ

Advisor to the Owner
David McGoldrick, Lys Mousset and Luke Freeman released by Sheff U. I’d definitely take Mousset or Freeman.

Freeman was really good at QPR in the wing back role wasn't he? And Bristol City at league 1 he was brilliant when they romped the league in league 1 so yeah could do worse given he's very experienced at championship level now so should be on Lowe's radar hopefully.

Dreyfuss

Forum Patron
Patron
Bro in law is a St holder at Bramall and says Moussett is decent but never fit.
The most notable fact about Mousett is that he has never finished 90 mins for Sheff Utd or Bournemouth. Injuries followed by fitness problems, along with doubts about his commitment.

He comes across as the kind of ego I wouldn't want anywhere near North End. He even managed to smash up his Lamborghini last year.

Look into Mousett's eyes and I'm sure all you'll see are dollar signs. I'd rather give Maguire a new three year deal than touch him.

JJ_PNE

Advisor to the Owner
Not sure I like this way of thinking. If it’s not a priority position then it needs leaving alone until we’ve got all our priority positions sorted. If there’s still room to manoeuvre at the end then we should go for players available with the right deal. We’ve done this far too often recently and left ourselves having to play square pegs in round holes or players who aren’t upto it in other positions because we’ve stocked piled the Midfield.
With this approach you could miss out on good players.

Our signing team should be good/large enough to work on more than 1 deal at once.

SuffolknWhat

Advisor to the Owner
Izzy Wizzy let's get busy.

Do people genuinely just forget we signed a player last summer to fill this gap? Why would it be so surprising that we're wanting another?

No wonder Ridsdale gets away with murder with half of this lot, memories of a goldfish!

Fill the squad with 18-22 lads of our first eleven quality and watch us actually do something.
And how much will that cost?
get real......

lenny

Advisor to the Owner
The most notable fact about Mousett is that he has never finished 90 mins for Sheff Utd or Bournemouth. Injuries followed by fitness problems, along with doubts about his commitment.

He comes across as the kind of ego I wouldn't want anywhere near North End. He even managed to smash up his Lamborghini last year.

Look into Mousett's eyes and I'm sure all you'll see are dollar signs. I'd rather give Maguire a new three year deal than touch him.
That’s a bit like saying would you like your bollocks, clamped in a vice , or have someone take a run up and kick you in them . Both are a definite no from me . 😱🙏😩

Thracia

Forum Patron
Patron

It's not a priority position but there are 3 possibilities that could be too good to pass on if available to us with the right deal.
No plans to sell, but two of them are entering the final year of their contracts.

Easier to negotiate with players if they have some credible competition in the squad.

OP
Mr Meeseeks

Mr Meeseeks

Forum Patron
Patron
Any midfielder brought in would be as cover/competition for DJ.

Ledson/Whiteman

Browne/Mccan

Going off speculation you’d imagine that’s likely to be Camara, Brannagan or Celina.

All decent options for me, if it is them of course.

flipper

Forum Patron
Patron
It also shows the real reason Frankie got the job last year, given that we'd still be paying him and Neil until this Summer whether they were here or not.
I was told Neil was being paid 20k per week and frankiexwasxstill getting 5k a week but frankie was due a 500K final settlement payment as well

PNEPhil83

Payer of the taxman
Patron
Going off speculation you’d imagine that’s likely to be Camara, Brannagan or Celina.

All decent options for me, if it is them of course.
Yeah, possibly. The Camara one I’ve only seen through dodgy transfer twitter accounts just using the Lowe link. After seeing how the club have operated recently, I wouldn’t be surprised if one is a player not yet mentioned.

PNEPhil83

Payer of the taxman
Patron
Kane Wilson’s being linked with Bristol City. Would’ve thought he might be one we’d have looked at given his contract. Bristol makes sense geographically but with Rob Edwards leaving to take the Watford job, it wouldn’t be a surprise to see him tip up there.

stf4ever

Forum Patron
Patron
And how much will that cost?
get real......

Considering we've cobbled a squad together on a shoestring budget, probably a touch more.

So you're happy replacing the likes of Rafferty with another player of a similar standard? Why didn't we just offer him a new contract if we can't hope for better?

norky84

Advisor to the Owner
That's not how we should operate though. Yes, other areas need more bodies, but the right player/s within budget might not be available until the end of June for example.

Yet a player who we believe improves us, and is within budget might be available next week. So we shouldn't turn that down just because we need 2 keepers, or 2 wings backs etc.

richiepne25

Forum Patron
Patron
That's not how we should operate though. Yes, other areas need more bodies, but the right player/s within budget might not be available until the end of June for example.

Yet a player who we believe improves us, and is within budget might be available next week. So we shouldn't turn that down just because we need 2 keepers, or 2 wings backs etc.
Our budget only goes so far though. I can’t help but think if we spend money on a player we don’t desperately need then you are taking away money from an area where we could improve that little bit better.

Thracia

Forum Patron
Patron
Our budget only goes so far though. I can’t help but think if we spend money on a player we don’t desperately need then you are taking away money from an area where we could improve that little bit better.
Which seems to be what happened when we blew the budget on Bayliss when we didn't need him, but did need a striker.

I think we've tended in the past to be very linear in our recruitment/budgeting - see if Peter can get one over the line, then see what's left in the budget (if anything) for the next target, and so on.

This becomes a problem when we've wasted previous windows buying complete tat, and now we're having to do a lot of work in a single window just to have a viable squad.