PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Summer 2022 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Mr Meeseeks

Patron
Sorry if there's another thread for this but I couldn't find one. Feel free to merge if there is.

Just seen on Twitter than Barnsley have a host of players OOC in the summer of 2023. It's looking every increasingly likely they'll be relegated this season so you'd imagine there will be a fire sale this summer to get some fees in for the upcoming OOC players and get some bid earners off the wage bill.

Barnsley supporting mate of mine waxes lyrical about Carlton Morris, describes him as strong, powerful and quality finisher. Wonder if he could be an option for the long term Ched replacement? Scored 1 in 3 last season off the bench under Ismael, reckons in a decent team he'd be a right handful.

I also wouldn't mind looking at Callum Styles, though I suspect half the division will too.

Wing backs are our priority this summer and it doesn’t look like we’ll have much of a budget this summer so we’re going to have to be smart in free transfer and loan market.

My target would be Kane Wilson at forest green, OOC in summer I believe as well.

Wing backs are our priority this summer and it doesn’t look like we’ll have much of a budget this summer so we’re going to have to be smart in free transfer and loan market.

My target would be Kane Wilson at forest green, OOC in summer I believe as well.
Very good shout, decent player, didn't realise he was OOC either.

Priorities are wing backs and keepers. It doesn't look like Rudd, Ripley and Hudson will be here next season and unfortunately not Iversen either so we might even need two keepers.

We will certainly need a striker as well with Archer and Sinclair going
There will be a massive amount of the wages bill with OOC’s and loanees leaving.

We will certainly need a striker as well with Archer and Sinclair going
There will be a massive amount of the wages bill with OOC’s and loanees leaving.
If we could just keep the loan player's for another season and add real quality wing backs, you would feel we could have a right go next season.
Big summer, could be exciting but hey this is Preston North End!

Sorry if there's another thread for this but I couldn't find one. Feel free to merge if there is.

Just seen on Twitter than Barnsley have a host of players OOC in the summer of 2023. It's looking every increasingly likely they'll be relegated this season so you'd imagine there will be a fire sale this summer to get some fees in for the upcoming OOC players and get some bid earners off the wage bill.

Barnsley supporting mate of mine waxes lyrical about Carlton Morris, describes him as strong, powerful and quality finisher. Wonder if he could be an option for the long term Ched replacement? Scored 1 in 3 last season off the bench under Ismael, reckons in a decent team he'd be a right handful.

I also wouldn't mind looking at Callum Styles, though I suspect half the division will too.
He’s the lad I would sign RL knows all about home he should push the boat out to get him will be in his last year

Yeah Carlton Morris is probably a more realistic shout than Styles, would be a great signing in my view.

Strong, decent on the ball and good goals return, someone we should be all over ideally
I always half expected us to sign him under Neil...fitted the profile of the number 9 he was after and Neil worked with him at Norwich where he was a highly rated young player.
Always looked decent to me although hasn't he had a lot of injury problems?
Kane Wilson would also be a good shout imo.