PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Summer 2022 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

It is worrying to fail to get your targets AFTER you’ve dumped the squad fillers. If we fail to sign decent players we are going to have a tiny squad with shit cover from the youth team, rather than a small squad with some bits of top end quality.

Charlie Cresswell, mentioned on here before as a CB loanee, Preston born and son of Richard is off to Millwall according to O'Rourke.

Would be a decent signing that and one I hoped we'd have been looking at but apparently not.

Millwall gone from doing nothing and fans flapping to doing some very tidy business.
Isn't he from Cottam remember @MBcha Saying he was I think

If true a typical Pne situation to now be in.We really have only 1 striker on our books so somewhere along the line a rabbit is going to have to be pulled from a hat.Has anything really changed at Pne we will know come the end of July.
Riis, Maguire, Evans, O'Neil. It may not be the best, but we certainly have more than 1 striker on the books.

If we haven’t matched a supposed £16k per week for an experienced striker then we really are in trouble in my opinion
He would definitely want the same wages if not more been a striker as DJ & Browne .
Could regret not going the extra mile for this signing

Tbf, I wouldn't have expected Archer to be compatible with Riis either.
How come? Archer pretty comfy coming towards the ball and receiving with back to goal and popping it off. Gray is pretty much exclusively moving away from the ball, much like Riis. Don’t see how it was gonna work.

Gray would’ve made a difference next season imo. Certainly a better option than Maguire and Evans. I’m not sure £16k a week for 3 year’s would be a great deal for us though. I’d be concerned about his potential drop off in years 2 and 3.