PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Summer 2022 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Get the impression Lowe wants a small squad with a bit of youth mixed in too.
I think he’s mentioned he wants a squad of 22 so it’s a straight shootout for the shirt in each position, which I actually agree with.

Last season with 30 contracted players we had too many sitting in the stands doing nothing.

Add in the youngsters like Pradic, Nevin, Seary, Coulton, Leigh, Bennett and O’Neill and we’re well covered.

There are two bulls standing on a hill overlooking a pasture full of cows. The younger bull, eager, but lacking experience, says to the old bull “Hey, let’s run down there and fuck ourselves a cow.” The old bull, who has spent season after season in this pasture, turns to the younger bull, chuckles, and replies “Nah, how about we walk down there, and fuck them all.”
Colors

Get the impression Lowe wants a small squad with a bit of youth mixed in too.

I think he’s mentioned he wants a squad of 22 so it’s a straight shootout for the shirt in each position, which I actually agree with.

Last season with 30 contracted players we had too many sitting in the stands doing nothing.

Add in the youngsters like Pradic, Nevin, Seary, Coulton, Leigh, Bennett and O’Neill and we’re well covered.

Fair enough. But it’s a gamble. Two serious injuries and you’re forced into a youth player for a lengthy period.

Fair enough. But it’s a gamble. Two serious injuries and you’re forced into a youth player for a lengthy period.
Is the squad really usually much bigger though? You can only submit a squad of 25 anyway which includes an extra goalkeeper.

Is the squad really usually much bigger though? You can only submit a squad of 25 anyway which includes an extra goalkeeper.
Do you need 3 keepers in the 25? The youth players don’t count. Having one extra defender, midfielder and striker in addition to the 22 would seem ideal to me.

So if that is what he wants we need 6 more.

We may well get a look at this lad we have on trial on Saturday - that could be interesting.

Less than 3 million for a 24yr old with 4 years left on his contract who’s just scored 20 goals?
I’d say we grossly overestimate the value of our good players. But not less than 3 mill! 3 mill is two Tom Bayliss’. I’d say Riis is worth at least as much as Hughill when we sold him, so £10m in today’s market.