PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Summer 2022 : Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

I know “common sense” isn’t something we really want but the truth is if we want 1st choice signings we have to be patient!!

RL to PR “Cristie is my 1st choice RWB

PR to Cristies agent “£18 k per week 2 year deal”

Cristie agent “great he really wants to come but we will hang on 2 weeks to see if a bigger offer comes in”

PR “what do we have to do for him to sign today”?

Agent “4 years at £25k”

PR “we will wait”

Those on here that would give him the 4 year deal, would be those whinging next year when we can’t get shut.

Alternative is we go and sign Rafu mk2

Patience is needed
The issue is I think we’ve passed that stage - both have waited and indeed had better offers.

Meanwhile our second and third choices who we stalled on have been snapped up whilst we waited for the above and we’re now left with an injury hit Robbie Brady

I know “common sense” isn’t something we really want but the truth is if we want 1st choice signings we have to be patient!!

RL to PR “Cristie is my 1st choice RWB

PR to Cristies agent “£18 k per week 2 year deal”

Cristie agent “great he really wants to come but we will hang on 2 weeks to see if a bigger offer comes in”

PR “what do we have to do for him to sign today”?

Agent “4 years at £25k”

PR “we will wait”

Those on here that would give him the 4 year deal, would be those whinging next year when we can’t get shut.

Alternative is we go and sign Rafu mk2

Patience is needed

I 100% agree. Contracts to older players has been a huge thorn in our side for the last 5-6 years. I'd just look elsewhere regardless of what he wants.

@oli_oconnell on the podcast made the point numerous times, the full backs in Lowe's system ultimately need to be herculean footballers and athletes that will carry the team. If Christie is that than I am David Eyres.

I 100% agree. Contracts to older players has been a huge thorn in our side for the last 5-6 years. I'd just look elsewhere regardless of what he wants.

@oli_oconnell on the podcast made the point numerous times, the full backs in Lowe's system ultimately need to be herculean footballers and athletes that will carry the team. If Christie is that than I am David Eyres.
And Brady is?

Are you saying Christie isn't an athlete?

Because he certainly is, and his availability has been brilliant throughout his career.

I'd be amazed if we signed better.

The issue is I think we’ve passed that stage - both have waited and indeed had better offers.

Meanwhile our second and third choices who we stalled on have been snapped up whilst we waited for the above and we’re now left with an injury hit Robbie Brady

Who are these 2nd and 3rd choices, which clubs have snapped them up, or are you talking shite

Shrugs shoulders

You carry on being you on here, I'll just carry on being positive and not negative at every post/idea 👍
With all the negativity at the moment with a number of posts.
RL may as well piss off because they have no confidence in his squad his decisions & players he would like bring to the club even trialists.
Especially when most of us no Jack shit about running a football club or scouting & signing players
I know I don’t 😉
Let’s have some positivity up to the season start.

RL may as well piss off.

giphy.gif

Not for the wing back role. Very decent defensively but no end product according to a Plastic mate
I dont actually think he is good defensively as he is often out of position.....caught out not getting back....

He is very good 'box to box' out wide but around both boxes I wouldnt trust him to deliver.

RL may as well piss off because they have no confidence in his squad his decisions & players he would like bring to the club even trialists.
Especially when most of us no Jack shit about running a football club or scouting & signing players
I know I don’t 😉
Then that'll mean he's soft as shit, with no backbone, which I very much doubt is the case. Not a chance he gives a crap about what is posted on here.

I know I don’t 😉
no one is negative about RL.... we've had a succession of managers who never got to work with their 1st choice players. this summer we hoped it would be different but, apart from woodman, its beginning to look familiar. we lost 3 prem players and the outfield players are not yet replaced.

Sorry u and a few others would never be happy with what players we bring to the club.
What’s happening is nothing new we are trying to compete with some massive clubs. I will be happy been the top club in Lancashire .
Let’s give him time & not judge his signing till we have seen them play .
And I am a patron 🤣🤣🤣

Christie is 29/30. If we shouldn’t offer contracts to older players then I take it you will be fine DJ leaving on a free next season.

Hmmm. Smells a little like they’re panicking. He’s got good ability but his injury record suggest you need 3 of him. He’s never been ‘a quick one’ either. If he’s a rotation option with a younger one (and Lowe did say he wants 2 LWB) then ok.
It certainly does. Too play and be effective in the Championship you need certain criteria such as athleticism, mobility and pace...which seem to have been missing from our transfer policy in recent years.The wing backs are critical too make Lowe's system function. In addition we know this role is probably one of the hardest (if performed effectively) in his system in terms of fitness, athleticism, lung power etc. We need fit, athletic, robust WBs who can get up and down, with pace and also provide quality in final 3rd. Fill ins and make do's are a recipe for disaster. Brady talented player that he is does not meet Lowe's criteria for a WB in his system. I addition he has a terrible recent injury record (when will we learn lessons). Where is Brady going to play? Lowe wants two for each position. Let's not sign players who don't fit. We are still stito offload some of thosr. Yes we have budget constraints and can't attract the best of the best. (Loans are the best way to bring quality in for certain niche positions and even those are challenging with our budget). However if we can't get the quality required in those fundamental positions then Lowe has to change his system to match his budget....(he is not in league 1 or 2 anymore). Bringing in players not ideally suited to WB is a waste of time. I would much prefer a 4-3-1-2 system. We could sign FBs more easily and we have back ups in the squad already and we would need a quality CB but these are easier to source than 2x WBs. Whichever system we would need a couple of strikers anyway.

Sorry u and a few others would never be happy with what players we bring to the club.
What’s happening is nothing new we are trying to compete with some massive clubs. I will be happy been the top club in Lancashire .
Let’s give him time & not judge his signing till we have seen them play .
What signings are we not judging?

Sorry for going off-topic slightly but just need reminding, are tickets to Luton games usually very hard to acquire? Do they only offer a small allocation?