PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Supporters Meeting with Frankie McAvoy (Preston Underground)

And got played off the park by Hull City just last week.

‘We won’t be relegated’ great aim for the season.

‘Decent set of players’

Some real poor poor comments there.
I was only quoting what another 'critical posters' had posted only a couple of months ago.......i.e. copied one of their posts back to themselves!!!!

none of it was MY thoughts....

Yes please message
We are trying but fbook is not our only platform.
Twitter, possible future website, updates left in the Moorbrook Pub but guess what... I prefer actually talking to people
But guess what - if the group hopes to give a voice to 1,000s of PNE fans, "actually talking to people" isn't going to cut it.

And believe it or not, not every Preston fan lives anywhere near Preston, while even for those that do, the prospect of meeting up in a pub is - for very many people - even less inviting a prospect than joining Facebook.

I encourage the group to look at alternative online venues, if it doesn't just want to become a closed-off Facebook echo chamber.

When you say "Associations clubs etc managed for years without any of these surely we can in 2021", I think that's heading off in the wrong direction, back into a small-time, "a few people meeting in a pub" attitude. I'm assuming the group wants to be much more representative than that.

Online is the solution if so, and while the group has to start somewhere, Facebook needs to be ditched as soon as possible.

But guess what - if the group hopes to give a voice to 1,000s of PNE fans, "actually talking to people" isn't going to cut it.

And believe it or not, not every Preston fan lives anywhere near Preston, while even for those that do, the prospect of meeting up in a pub is - for very many people - even less inviting a prospect than joining Facebook.

I encourage the group to look at alternative online venues, if it doesn't just want to become a closed-off Facebook echo chamber.

When you say "Associations clubs etc managed for years without any of these surely we can in 2021", I think that's heading off in the wrong direction, back into a small-time, "a few people meeting in a pub" attitude. I'm assuming the group wants to be much more representative than that.

Online is the solution if so, and while the group has to start somewhere, Facebook needs to be ditched as soon as possible.
Why so much anti ?
Seriously ring me meet me I will travel you are obviously a fan but wont connect?

Joined the FB page.

I will admit to being initially wary of the "cloak and dagger" approach to the group (and Preston Underground didn't help with this awful name) but now that @White Horse 44 has confirmed to be one of its organisers, having met the man (and he came across to me as a genuine sort (y)), I have joined their FB page.

I will for the time being be watching from the silent distance. Allow the group to breathe and grow with its baby steps.

Lastly, good that they listened to complaints and changed that awful group name.

Wow. Some incredible posts but hey thats where people are at I suppose. Wouldn't go if it was free beer, shit this, shit that.
Personally I was asked to open the meeting and ask a few questions. We are trying to be open inclusive and supportive. It was a good , really positive night and great to see and meet everyone.
Yes a name change as the collective can now meet. Yes a facebook page with email address etc. Message me if you are struggling.
North End were rated 83rd in a supporters survey of 92 clubs for club connection pre season. We had no supporters groups registered with the FSA (the only championship club without one) and had no voice.
Whilst we will NEVER ever claim to speak for anyone certainly not everyone we have created a platform. We are actually trying to improve things making positive suggestions and supporting initiatives.
I will update this board as we go on and answer any messages as an individual and proud to be trying to help.
Yes I'm part of the collective.
UTW
If theres free Beer, next time, Im in. Give us a shout :)

200 plus signed up so far.
This will give the collective a voice surely?
Albeit only on fbook but it is a start a positive one at that.
UTW
I’ve requested membership but my Facebook is totally private. Will that stop acceptance as yo7 won’t have any way of verifying I’m genuine.

Picking up on FM - yes it is up to the pne players and staff to endear themselves to the supporters- but it is also up to the supporters to be reasonably supportive.

Some of the defeatist, rude language that has been thrown at the players, manager and staff this week has just dripped with negativity. Of course, FM and the players will say the ‘right’ things in response, but deep down, it is hardly going engender loyalty and make them feel like running through brick walls for us.

Hopefully this new group will achieve togetherness coming from both sides - and that will help create a happier, positive, all-in-this-together attitude.

I don't get your point @Thracia?

Why aren't they open and inclusive because they're on Facebook?

Like saying you're not open and inclusive because you have a website. Some Preston fans won't have access to the Internet.

As long as its free to join without discrimination then surely it is open and inclusive?
Because what if you're not on Facebook?

I'm not, so currently feel kind of excluded from this group.