PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Surfer flag update - We want your designs for a SECOND flag..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBcha

Definitely not Peter Ridsdale
Staff member
Patron
We've been absolutely blown away with the response to our Sir Tom Finney surfer flag campaign and as promised, we told you that if we were able to surpass our target of £4000 we would use any additional money towards more flags.

Well, the Gentry have smashed through that target in a few days so we're thinking BIG. How about another surfer for The Kop? And what if you could design it?

We're opening this up to the fans to come up with a design for a second surfer flag.

We're incredibly grateful to everybody who has donated to our campaign so far but another large flag means that we need to increase our target on GoFundMe and we'd urge all supporters to only donate if you're able to. If you're not able to donate or if you have already donated to our campaign you can still help by sharing what we're doing far and wide on social media and telling all of the North End fans that you know what we're up to!

What would you like to see on our next flag?

Once designs have been submitted the PNE Online team will compile a shortlist and these will be put to another public vote to select our next flag.

You can post your designs on this thread, email admin@pne-online.net PM it to any of the admin and moderation team or send via DM to the PNE Online accounts on Facebook or Twitter.

Time is against us and so the closing date for submissions is 4th March 2022.

You can donate to the surfer flag campaign here.

Last edited by a moderator:
We've been absolutely blown away with the response to our Sir Tom Finney surfer flag campaign and as promised, we told you that if we were able to surpass our target of £4000 we would use any additional money towards more flags.

Well, the Gentry have smashed through that target in a few days so we're thinking BIG. How about another surfer for The Kop? And what if you could design it?

We're opening this up to the fans to come up with a design for a second surfer flag.

We're incredibly grateful to everybody who has donated to our campaign so far but another large flag means that we need to increase our target on GoFundMe and we'd urge all supporters to only donate if you're able to. If you're not able to donate or if you have already donated to our campaign you can still help by sharing what we're doing far and wide on social media and telling all of the North End fans that you know what we're up to!

What would you like to see on our next flag?

Once designs have been submitted the PNE Online team will compile a shortlist and these will be put to another public vote to select our next flag.

You can post your designs on this thread, email admin@pne-online.net PM it to any of the admin and moderation team or send via DM to the PNE Online accounts on Facebook or Twitter.

Time is against us and so the closing date for submissions is 4th March 2022.

You can donate to the surfer flag campaign here.

A Lancashire Red Rose.... The rest I'm easy with. 🙂

Go full blown Argy and get those long ribbons they have. Nobody in the UK has ever done this, it'd look fucking class.

Shit loads of blue & white ribbons going from the top of the town end, down over everyone and tied off at the front hoarding.

Screenshot_20220221_191736.jpg

Who gives a shit if you won't be able to see the game...... We'll be absolutely rocking underneath. Pogoing up and down, avalanches down the steps, explosions of Blue and white ticker tape occasionally bursting out from between in between the ribbons. Fuck yeah.

Get it sorted MB.

Last edited:
What about flags on long poles to be raised pre match and at goals?

See Raef knows. This is the kind of shit we need to start incorporating.... Thinking outside the box. Being different. I like it.

Nice idea for once there Raef, old buddy old pal.

What about flags on long poles to be raised pre match and at goals?

See Raef knows. This is the kind of shit we need to start incorporating.... Thinking outside the box. Being different. I like it.

Nice idea for once there Raef, old buddy old pal.
Agreed they'd look cool.

Something we could look into but I think to get enough to make an impact it'd work out too expensive right now.

problem with these, as soon as the manager moves on the flag becomes landfill

I have the same concerns myself. We have had some great player ones for example but they soon become redundant.

As a small flag I liked the idea but as a large surfer I think it would be too much cash to risk something that could easily not be needed anymore.

I have always liked that badge though.

A couple of people have suggested that badge be incorporated with a Ryan Lowe flag.

This is one that's been sent through.

View attachment 6440

Far too early to start inaugurating Ryan Lowe into massive expensive flags. Really hate that flag, sorry.

We might not be Ryan Lowe's super white army in 6 months and then it's all a waste of money.

Surely we've got more imagination and artistic inclination than that? We should be looking to create a striking piece of art that we hope will stand the test of time. Not just slapping any old cobbled together images onto a massive piece of cloth.

Come on guys eh....

Sounds like I'm being an asshole but I'm honestly not, just think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.