Survival Tips

OP
daddyman16

daddyman16

Forum Patron
Patron
If you are stranded at sea do not drink seawater. You can however ingest it through an enema!

There is a way of purifying urine to make it into drinking water, Bear Grylls showed the method in a program once. I'll have to dig it up.

MrBoomBoom

Manager
Also, if you aren't in an area without signal or internet, be sure to upload LeafSnap on your phone. It's an app where you can take photos of plants, leaves, wood bark or flowers and Google brings up results of what that is using Google Lens. Handy for if you're hungry and need to eat something but worry what's around you.
Why not then just order an Uber Eat's? Far tastier then some nettles.

OP
daddyman16

daddyman16

Forum Patron
Patron
In all the survival magazines I read, they recommend using your bra as a face mask if you're caught near bushfires or volcanic clouds.

That's interesting, it must act as a good bit of protection because of the padding. I can however see the conversation between survivalist and wife going a bit like this...

"Jane, I always carry this 38G bra with me. For the bushfires and volcanic clouds."

"And the condoms, Tim?"

"To collect rain water..."

"And the whip, Tim?"

"To use as a harness system for climbing trees to collect coconuts."

"Surely you don't need handcuffs for survival though?"

"I do if there's a bear Jane."

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron
That's interesting, it must act as a good bit of protection because of the padding. I can however see the conversation between survivalist and wife going a bit like this...

"Jane, I always carry this 38G bra with me. For the bushfires and volcanic clouds."

"And the condoms, Tim?"

"To collect rain water..."

"And the whip, Tim?"

"To use as a harness system for climbing trees to collect coconuts."

"Surely you don't need handcuffs for survival though?"

"I do if there's a bear Jane."

I can see you've really (really) over-analysed that.

Besides, how did you know my name's Tim?