PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Team for Blackburn

Will be interesting to see how Neil sets up for this one. We largely looked dire again in the first half today with the usual 4-2-3-1, and that hasn‘t really worked for us at home all season.

We had more better width in the second half today with wing backs, and it‘s a formation that allows us to get 2 strikers in the box whilst also keeping a midfield 3.

Could we see something like -

Rudd

Bauer
Huntington
Storey

Fisher
Pearson
Ledson
Barkhuizen

Johnson

Riis
Sinclair

Earl could also be a wing back option.

I would hope we didn’t play Huntington and Bauer together. Armstrong, Brereton and Elliott are rapid and will be all over a back line with that pace

Rudd
Fisher Storey Hunts Earl
Pearson Ledson
Barky Johnson Sinclair
Riis

Assuming Hughes isn't fit I would put Earl in for Raffety and then Browne in for Potts.

That said I'd expect Browne to the only change.

Pearson did well when he came on today but Ledson should still start and phase Pearo back to fitness.

jamesOB - completely agree - Bauer and Huntington at the back together with the lack of pace would be suicidal ..........

When will people realise that any projected team with Earl in the starting eleven can be ignored.
Hopefully he will get the chance to prove himself as a sub now that 5 are allowed.

jamesOB - completely agree - Bauer and Huntington at the back together with the lack of pace would be suicidal ..........

Unless Davies is selected I reckon it will be the experienced Bauer and Huntington. Clean sheet today as their positioning compensates for their lack of pace.

Assuming Hughes isn't fit I would put Earl in for Raffety and then Browne in for Potts.

That said I'd expect Browne to the only change.

Pearson did well when he came on today but Ledson should still start and phase Pearo back to fitness.
Do you think ledson is looking after Pearsons starting spot? Because for me ledson is undroppoable in current form this season, unless we're rotating I cannot agree Pearson for ledson is justified, but also think there's absolutely room for both of them on the pitch.

Do you think ledson is looking after Pearsons starting spot? Because for me ledson is undroppoable in current form this season, unless we're rotating I cannot agree Pearson for ledson is justified, but also think there's absolutely room for both of them on the pitch.
I would argue that Pearson being on the pitch gives Ledson increased license to get forward a bit and play the forward passes he is capable of.

First, I would love to see two up front. Riis is the type of striker who’d thrive with a partner imo. The single striker role doesn’t seem to suit him at home.
Maguire, Stockley, or Sinclair as his partner would be OK.

Rudd
Rafferty Bauer Huntington Earl
Pearson Ledson
Barkhuizen DJ Sinclair
Jakobsen​

Or

Rudd
Storey Bauer Huntington
Browne Ledson Pearson Earl
DJ
Jakobsen Sinclair​

Stockley changed the game at home against Blackburn last season. I think he came on as a sub in the first half and their defence simply couldn’t cope with him.

The team that started yesterday was good and everybody bar Potts played well. While dropping a player for just one poor performance can be counterproductive, I'd look to freshen the team up. We also need a bit more pace in defence so Bauer drops to the bench. AN will probably be left with no choice but to start Rafferty and Earl as Browne will be coming back to fitness after having COVID and Fisher banned. I'd keep Rafu and Sinclair on opposite sides as the two don't combine well.

Rudd
Rafferty Storey Huntington Earl
Ledson Pearson
Barkhuizen Johnson Sinclair
Riis​