Gallagher Ledson
Bodin Browne Maguire
Barkhuizen

is what I think he’ll go with.

assuming DJ is injured

rem

Forum Patron
Patron
That looks about right with Browne for Johnson if he is not fully recovered. Otherwise as you say Browne should drop out - the lesson of the Blackburn match is that the only way Browne, Gallagher and Johnson should be on the pitch at the same time would be if both Pearson and Ledson were to be unavailable and Browne had to play the holding role.

Can Browne actually play the holding role?

norky84

Advisor to the Owner
Rudd

Fisher
Bauer
Davies
Hughes

Ledson
Gallagher

Bodin
Browne
Maguire

Barkhuizen
Subs: Ripley, Storey, Rafferty, Bayliss, Stockley, Nugent, Green

pneal

Manager
If Harrop and Johnson are both out then assume it will be Browne at #10. In which case I think we may need Bodin from the start to give us a bit of craft and guile cutting in from the flank.

Ledson and Gallagher should be able to control centre mid so it's two from Barks, Maguire and Stockley. Great to have options!

kbd_pne

Forum Patron
Patron
And a very good one at that I remember

Yes he got an assist but also left us very prone to the counter attack in the first half due to a lack of positional sense. He then had to come off quite early, before the hour mark I think, to make way for Gally because he kept giving the ball away.

I’d start him with Pearson banned but it’s clear why he isn’t a regular. AN seems to prefer playing Browne out of position in a deeper role then using Ledson.

OP
S

sf

Forum Patron
Patron
Gone are the days at North End when you keep your place just because you played well in the previous game, Neil is a tactician, he'll play the most effective players. Agree with Norky, if Huddersfield are big and direct then Hughes may well start, especially if a pacier option is chosen up front instead of Stockley.

Yoowell

Forum Patron
Patron
I think Ledson will start but the lack of games will obviously make a difference.....I hope the masses remember this.

europne

Advisor to the Owner
We may have Pearson suspended but Hudders have got Hogg suspended, who does the same job for them, he’s a big miss for them as well.

Korol

Football Expert
Patron
Gone are the days at North End when you keep your place just because you played well in the previous game, Neil is a tactician, he'll play the most effective players. Agree with Norky, if Huddersfield are big and direct then Hughes may well start, especially if a pacier option is chosen up front instead of Stockley.

I don’t think they’re a particularly big team to be honest. Especially up front. I’d go:

Rudd

Fisher
Bauer
Davies
Rafferty

Gallagher
Ledson

Bodin
Browne
Barkhuizen

Stockley

Jack Daniels

PNE-ONLINE Boxing Expert.
Staff member
Patron
Yes he got an assist but also left us very prone to the counter attack in the first half due to a lack of positional sense. He then had to come off quite early, before the hour mark I think, to make way for Gally because he kept giving the ball away.

I’d start him with Pearson banned but it’s clear why he isn’t a regular. AN seems to prefer playing Browne out of position in a deeper role then using Ledson.
He also got the assist at Bradford for either our 1st or 2nd goal, can't remember which.

Mr Meeseeks

Forum Patron
Patron
I don’t think they’re a particularly big team to be honest. Especially up front. I’d go:

Rudd

Fisher
Bauer
Davies
Rafferty

Gallagher
Ledson

Bodin
Browne
Barkhuizen

Stockley

That’s the team for me but I suspect he will start Maguire.

Assuming Bodin is fully fit I think we need his trickery and unlocking of the defence. Teams will come to Deepdale and happily take a point given our home form, it’s up to us to break them down.

What does Green have to do to get a start or even a sniff of a chance from the bench?