PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Team for Sunday

Davies is always next in line
With Bauer having been here for over a year now he might have overtook him.

Davies and Bauer are both not in the best form and the added pressures of captaincy won't help.

Personally believe that Browne shouldn't be captain either but I've mentioned that enough times for the forum to know by now...

I wouldn't be adverse to making Sinclair the Captain.

The way he inspired the Brentford fightback, especially his reaction to his teammates just after he scored the crucial equalising goal was proper Captain material. There was no "Me! Me! Me!" about it, it was about "The Team" as he demonstrated.

Add his obvious playing experience at a far higher level.

Lead from the front they say...

With Bauer having been here for over a year now he might have overtook him.

Davies and Bauer are both not in the best form and the added pressures of captaincy won't help.

Personally believe that Browne shouldn't be captain either but I've mentioned that enough times for the forum to know by now...

The way he inspired the Brentford fightback, especially his reaction to his teammates just after he scored the crucial equalising goal was proper Captain material. There was no "Me! Me! Me!" about it, it was about "The Team" as he demonstrated.

Captaincy hardly matters in football anyway, literally just wearing an armband.

Experience, leadership and passion. Scott would make a great captain.

I was hoping that with the Big Danish Guy/Riis/Jakobson/whatever? We were going to break the mould and sign a player who wasn’t “one for the future” or “back up” but “one that is better than what we have got and is first choice” which doesn’t seem to happen to often these days.

Not overly sure he’ll start Riis. How many times has he actually trained with the team? Once or twice before the Brentford game and then he was away with the Danish U21’s. Back in training with PNE yesterday, maybe?

He’ll need time to adjust to the league and what the manager is asking of him, so can see him getting 20 mins again. Think we need to be mindful and not expect too much of him early on.

FFS....does that mean that we have spent another big wodge on one for the future as in Storey and or Baylis?
Ha! Nah not necessarily. Just pointing out that we’ve signed Riis from a foreign league and he’s only trained maybe 3 or 4 times with the team since signing. Had he not been away on international duty and trained with the squad over the break that might be different.

Completely hypothetically, if they’d signed say, Cauley Woodrow for example, he’s played a substantial amount of games at this level and would have trained with the team over the break so he possibly would have started.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think it will be too long before Riis is starting games. No doubt he’ll start on Sunday now I’ve said he’ll get 20 mins 😉

Well you have at least confronted an issue I pointed out a few days ago - what do we do if with the Pearson-Ledson duo established as our deeper midfield both Browne and Johnson are available. Sticking Browne at right-back if Fisher is not available is a way out of that conundrum since Browne is probably as good a right-back as Rafferty. But if Fisher were to be available then there really would be little or no case for using Browne that way - it would actually be better to start with one or other of Browne and Johnson on the bench to give us a genuine option for impacting the game later on. Arguably it would still be the better option with Rafferty at right-back.

But as I've said before with Johnson in the centre of the '3' I would be interested to see how Browne played to the right - not as a 'winger' but as a midfielder operating from that side of the pitch. I think it might work well but with Barkhuizen and Potts as options I suppose we are unlikely to see it. The fact is we are OK in midfield.

I don’t want to be that guy, but we should’ve been sat in deepdale in 3 hours time

🙁

Well you have at least confronted an issue I pointed out a few days ago - what do we do if with the Pearson-Ledson duo established as our deeper midfield both Browne and Johnson are available. Sticking Browne at right-back if Fisher is not available is a way out of that conundrum since Browne is probably as good a right-back as Rafferty. But if Fisher were to be available then there really would be little or no case for using Browne that way - it would actually be better to start with one or other of Browne and Johnson on the bench to give us a genuine option for impacting the game later on. Arguably it would still be the better option with Rafferty at right-back.

But as I've said before with Johnson in the centre of the '3' I would be interested to see how Browne played to the right - not as a 'winger' but as a midfielder operating from that side of the pitch. I think it might work well but with Barkhuizen and Potts as options I suppose we are unlikely to see it. The fact is we are OK in midfield.

Yep. Well, Fisher isn’t available, so Browne starts for me.