PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Team & Formation v Gillingham?

Should we start with the same team & formation on Tuesday night or go back to a 4.3.3 Formation with Robinson joining Beckford & Garner up front?

I probably would

Johnstone

Small forest
Clarke
Huntington(if not fit then Wright)
Laird

Johnson
Welsh
Gallagher

Beckford
Garner
Robinson

Stuckmann, Wright(King if Hunts not fit), Wiseman, Kilkenny, Humphrey, Little, Davies.

I probably would

Johnstone

Small forest
Clarke
Huntington(if not fit then Wright)
Laird

Johnson
Welsh
Gallagher

Beckford
Garner
Robinson

Stuckmann, Wright(King if Hunts not fit), Wiseman, Kilkenny, Humphrey, Little, Davies.

Sounds good to me. 3-5-2 was played today with a draw in mind. Both teams were happy to settle. I was disappointed we didn't play particularly well but that's the formation for ya. Back to 4-4-2/4-3-3.

Sounds good to me. 3-5-2 was played today with a draw in mind. Both teams were happy to settle. I was disappointed we didn't play particularly well but that's the formation for ya. Back to 4-4-2/4-3-3.

I can understand that Grayson wanted to match up Bristol City today but the 3-5-2, whilst effective away from home, has not served us well at home. I wonder how many home games we have actually won with that formation? (I can think of a few where we started 3-5-2 and switched to 4-4-2 when it wasn't working).

I can understand that Grayson wanted to match up Bristol City today but the 3-5-2, whilst effective away from home, has not served us well at home. I wonder how many home games we have actually won with that formation? (I can think of a few where we started 3-5-2 and switched to 4-4-2 when it wasn't working).

If I remember correctly we beat a side 1-0 through a Jack King header. In a very unremarkable tie. That's the only game I remember us winning without reverting to another formation. Reason being they were very poor whoever they were.

If I remember correctly we beat a side 1-0 through a Jack King header. In a very unremarkable tie. That's the only game I remember us winning without reverting to another formation. Reason being they were very poor whoever they were.

We beat Oldham 1-0 at home through a Jack King goal back in August, and it was a terrible, terrible game. We played 4-2-3-1 though not 3-5-2.

We beat Oldham 1-0 at home through a Jack King goal back in August, and it was a terrible, terrible game. We played 4-2-3-1 though not 3-5-2.

You're right! I got confused with a fixture exactly a year earlier against Bristol. Where King scored and it ended 1-0. I'm not entirely sure which fixture it was that I'm thinking of which we won with the 3-5-2.

You're right! I got confused with a fixture exactly a year earlier against Bristol. Where King scored and it ended 1-0. I'm not entirely sure which fixture it was that I'm thinking of which we won with the 3-5-2.

Yes that's the correct one, last season's home fixture against them, Gallagher was sent off for a punch at the end. And we did play 3-5-2.

Team & Formation v Gillingham?

Grayson has to send a team out that will smash 3-5 goals in, whilst also freshening up any tired areas.

Expect Wiseman, Small forest, Kilkenny or Robinson to start.

Grayson has to send a team out that will smash 3-5 goals in, whilst also freshening up any tired areas.

Expect Wiseman, Small forest, Kilkenny or Robinson to start.

I thought that Wiseman's brief appearance today showed why he shouldn't start. He plays the safe/ soft option every time and defensively gets caught ball watching.

In contrast Robinson, who came on as a sub at the same time, played very well.

I thought that Wiseman's brief appearance today showed why he shouldn't start. He plays the safe/ soft option every time and defensively gets caught ball watching.

In contrast Robinson, who came on as a sub at the same time, played very well.

Forgot he came on to be honest mate, I reckon my nans shites could do better!

Oh, and here is the team I want on Tuesday

Johnstone

Small forest-Huntington(if not fit wright)-clarkey (c)-laird

Welsh-Johnson

Robbo-garner-Gallagher

Beckford/Davies (even though he can't hit a cows arse with a banjo, he will play well against shite teams like gillingham)

Formation : 4-2-3-1

Subs :

Stuckmann
Davies/beckford
Seb
Humphrey
Wisemann
King
Wright if hunts is back if he is then Kilkenny

Forgot he came on to be honest mate, I reckon my nans shites could do better!

Oh, and here is the team I want on Tuesday

Johnstone

Small forest-Huntington(if not fit wright)-clarkey (c)-laird

Welsh-Johnson

Robbo-garner-Gallagher

Beckford/Davies (even though he can't hit a cows arse with a banjo, he will play well against shite teams like gillingham)

Formation : 4-2-3-1

Subs :

Stuckmann
Davies/beckford
Seb
Humphrey
Wisemann
King
Wright if hunts is back if he is then Kilkenny

I`m sure that Beckford/Davies would/will play well against Gillingham and the Whites should be strong favourites to beat the Gills. As a Preston based Gills supporter I would, however, say that the Gills are a far more positive playing team than when Preston beat them at Priestfield earlier this season. PNE deserved that win though Gillingham created quite a few chances in the first.

On Tuesday expect Gilingham to field an attacking line-up with McDonald and Marquis (or Norris) up front. I expect that PNE will win, they are a very good side and a much better footballing side than the Gills. Don`t be surpised though if they (GFC) get a couple of goals !

I`m sure that Beckford/Davies would/will play well against Gillingham and the Whites should be strong favourites to beat the Gills. As a Preston based Gills supporter I would, however, say that the Gills are a far more positive playing team than when Preston beat them at Priestfield earlier this season. PNE deserved that win though Gillingham created quite a few chances in the first.

On Tuesday expect Gilingham to field an attacking line-up with McDonald and Marquis (or Norris) up front. I expect that PNE will win, they are a very good side and a much better footballing side than the Gills. Don`t be surpised though if they (GFC) get a couple of goals !

Gillingham have only lost one of their last 8 away games, so this will not be as easy as some think!

Hope Welsh has no ill effects from the early injury he suffered yesterday. He was limping on the way out of the ground yesterday.

I hope that Bailey is ok to play on Tuesday after he picked up a slight injury in the last few minutes & was limping in the last few minutes of the game?

I hope that Bailey is ok to play on Tuesday after he picked up a slight injury in the last few minutes & was limping in the last few minutes of the game?

If he isn't fit I'd replace him with Wiseman, a bit more attacking against a lesser side than Bristol

The most attacking line-up we could manage might be something like:

Johnstone

Wiseman, Clarke, Huntington, Small forest

Johnson, Welsh, Gallagher

Beckford, Garner, Robinson

I doubt we will see that though something like it most likely with Laird at left-back and either Clarke or Small forest at right-back is possible. Personally if we did play that sort of 4.3.3 I would interested to find out what would happen if Small forest played at left-back and Laird was freed up to roam forward by playing at the left of the midfield three with Gallagher free to pop up where he wants in support of the Beckford-Garner duo.