Team v Birmingham

Rubadub

Forum Patron
Patron
The injuries are mounting up once again! Other than Bodin and Harrop, it seems we are waiting on the return to fitness of Robinson, Potts, Barkhuizen, Moult, Clarke, and now Browne and potentially Gallagher - though his substitution might have been tactical.

I think Potts will be back for this one, and assuming Browne won't make it then I'd go with:

Rudd
Fisher Storey Davies Hughes
Pearson Gallagher
Potts Johnson Nmecha
Maguire
Bench: Crowe, Earl, Clarke (assuming fit), Rafferty, Ledson, Barker, Stockley

Though there could be an argument to bench Johnson, play Potts more central and bring in Stockley with Maguire playing wide.

Robinson might even make the bench, the last estimate on his return was mid-March! We need to get through this game unscathed and take the international break to get everyone back fit again.

sf

Manager
Really hoping Potts is available to replace Browne.

Personally i'd like to see Stockley get a chance, even if it means Maguire on the bench.

When was last played 3 in a week the team were flat in the 3rd against Forest....

I doubt AN will let that happen again.....playing fresh legs somewhere....

Rafferty or Fisher @ RB ???

Stockley or Maguire?

Barker or Maguire (or Gally) ?

DJ or Deepdale Duck ??

Rubadub

Forum Patron
Patron
I think Fisher will start - he'll have had a week to recover. Gallagher is probably the one who needs a rest, that might have been in Neil's thoughts when subbing him off last night.

If we go Maguire, Stockley and Nmecha then the midfield might be a bit weak? Need to nail the defensive aspect of the game and let the front 3 do their thing.

Whatever the line-up, we need to figure out a way to keep Che Adams quiet - he's carrying Blues this season, keep him quiet and I think we win this one.

SouthWhite

Reserve
Rudd
Pearo Gally (If he is fit - Took a knock last night)
Maguire Potts Nmecha
Stockley

Crowe
Earl
Rafferty
Ledson
DJ
Barker
Robbo

sf

Manager
AN on injuries: “We are hopeful to have some players back, Pottsy was probably the closest last night but I didn’t want to risk him breaking down when we could have him fully fit for the weekend.” #pnefc

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
I think Fisher will start - he'll have had a week to recover. Gallagher is probably the one who needs a rest, that might have been in Neil's thoughts when subbing him off last night.

If we go Maguire, Stockley and Nmecha then the midfield might be a bit weak? Need to nail the defensive aspect of the game and let the front 3 do their thing.

Whatever the line-up, we need to figure out a way to keep Che Adams quiet - he's carrying Blues this season, keep him quiet and I think we win this one.
It seems like we've been saying that Gallagher needs a rest since about November.

He's come off in 8 of the last 9 games so he actually gets a rest most matches. As long as he isn't injured he'll play.

Hopefully Potts is back as he looks the most like for like replacement for Browne.

Stockley probably deserves a chance to start, I can't really remember Maguire even having a chance in the last 3 games however the B'ham defence looks really slow so the temptation would be to keep Maguire in.

Walmer88

Reserve
International break couldn’t have come at a better time, get a result on Saturday and then get the lads ready for the run in. With most players back, it would like fresh signings have been made as there will be more options.

ernest

Manager
Hopefully Potts is back as he looks the most like for like replacement for Browne.
Does he? Maybe in terms of getting a shot away if he gets the chance but otherwise I am not so sure - I have seen little indication he has the application. Johnson can play that role though I prefer him as the alternative to Gallagher in a more deep-lying position. Arguably with either Stockley or Moult upfront the best option would be Maguire.

sf

Manager
Gally deeper and central, DJ as the 10, Potts on the right, Nmecha on the left.... wouldn't be terrible.

ZeusHam

Reserve
Personally I’d take Johnson out of the starting 11, think he’s been poor (not just him) over the last few games. Even when we had a man advantage and were overruning Borough, Johnson was so casual & wasteful. Squandered some great opportunities with either a poor touch or missplaced pass.
Don’t get me wrong I rate him as a player when he’s on it (usually against Birmingham to be fair) I just think he’s been a weak link in our games recently (and yes I know he’s got 2).

My starting 11 (if players fit) would be:

Rudd

Fisher
Storey
Davies
Hughes

Pearson
Gally

Nmecha
Potts
Barker (deserves it after changing the game last night) electric player

Stockley

norky84

First Team
Barkhuizen travelled with the squad yesterday so he can't be far off. AN said Potts is very close to being back. Moult and Robinson have been full training for nearly 2 weeks so I think at least one of them will make the squad.

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
Does he? Maybe in terms of getting a shot away if he gets the chance but otherwise I am not so sure - I have seen little indication he has the application. Johnson can play that role though I prefer him as the alternative to Gallagher in a more deep-lying position. Arguably with either Stockley or Moult upfront the best option would be Maguire.
Yes. If Browne leaves I'd expect Potts to fill that slot on a consistent basis.

Let's not forget what Neil wants from his number 10. If he was guile and passing in tight spaces then Browne wouldn't be there at all it would be DJ or Maguire every week.

baldnobber

Reserve
Rudd

Fisher
Davies
Storey
Hughes

Pearson
Gallagher

Nmecha
Johnson
Maguire

Stockley

I'd prefer DJ to Potts in the 10 role as he's just a bit more creative and has a goal out of nothing in him. I'd fully expect Potts to get the nod from AN however...he doesn't seem to like DJ as the 10.
Nmecha and maguire just have a bit more guile than barky/Potts out wide for me.
This is the type of game we typically draw...I'd just like to see us play with a bit more adventure...though I'd still only use barker off the bench.

pet shop boy

Forum Patron
Patron
The back 5 pick themselves in Rudd,Fisher,Storey Davies, Hughes.
Pearson and DJ in the middle with Gallagher and Barkhuizen out wide.
Potts just behind Maguire. We have great subs to come on with Nmecha and Barker for the wingers and Stockley for Maguire. Of course that is assuming that Browne is out and the others are fit.

Preston Lad

Forum Patron
Patron
Barkhuizen travelled with the squad yesterday so he can't be far off. AN said Potts is very close to being back. Moult and Robinson have been full training for nearly 2 weeks so I think at least one of them will make the squad.
Hope so Norky🤞🏻

Rudd
Pearson Johnson
Nmecha Gallagher Potts
Maguire

This is presuming Potts is back. If not, then slot Barker in there.
Hopefully the bench will be a bit stronger, it was pretty bare bones the other evening.