Stockley

Crowe, Rafferty, Earl, Johnson, Barker, Robinson, Moult

pneal

First Team
I'd say the back seven is pretty set in stone:

Rudd
Fisher, Storey, Davies, Hughes
Pearson, Gallagher​

Front four Alex Neil has some decisions to make. Stockley gave us the presence we'd lacked when he came on so I'd certainly start him. Assuming Browne isn't fit to play #10 then Potts is the most obvious direct replacement, with the other options being Maguire if he isn't up top, or Daniel Johnson who's in goalscoring form, even if he hasn't been outstanding recently. Wide, Barker changed the game when he came on so much be close to starting, Nmecha is looking better with every game and like Barker has pace to burn. Potts and Maguire are options here too, but I think I'd go with:

Nmecha, Maguire, Barker
Stockley​

Though there'd be a temptation to find a place for Potts as there's only really Pearson who can put in a tackle in that midfield. Still that's a pretty tricky front line for any defence to deal with, we're at home and we need wins.

For me I'd rarely pick DJ over any possible regulars BUT we are talking Birmingham here and he (and CR7) love playing against them......

They have 2 big CB's and possibly a big CF and so Stockley might be a good shout for 'both ends' with Maguire behind or left......

Potts 10 or left if Gally and Browne are both missing.... Tom B left if Potts also missing.... though to be fair I didnt see Barker and maybe he deserves a start.... though he rarely put back to back good performances together early season......

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
I think Barker is better coming off the bench to be direct and running at tiring defenders. I doubt he will start, he's hardly been involved recently but did do very well on Wednesday.

The first 7 picks itself I think as long as Gallagher is fit.

Nmecha Potts Maguire
Stockley

for me. Obviously as long as Potts is fit.

ernest

Manager
Rudd
Fisher, Storey, Davies, Hughes
Pearson, Gallagher
Nmecha, Maguire, Barker
Stockley​
If Browne is absent that would be OK though I think I would play Johnson in the 3 with Maguire wide. If Gallagher not fit then obviously Johnson slots in there. Arguably the bullet that AN has not bitten recently is to recognise that with Pearson or Ledson as the anchor all three of Gallagher, Johnson and Browne at the same time is one too many and that Johnson and Browne in particular tend to get in each other's way. Browne in truth has also not been playing well recently and just maybe a one match time out might do him good. If Barker does start tomorrow then he has to deliver from the start. When you look at that line-up and recognise that in a fortnight we might be able to add Potts, Barkhuizen, Moult and Robinson to it as well as Johnson to it - not forgetting Clarke, Earl and Ledson - then things start looking pretty good. But we need to get the points tomorrow first. Do that and get all those players back and the excitement of this season will ratchet up another notch.

utw

Reserve
I still don't think Earl is ready for this level
His last game did little to convince me otherwise so bring him along slowly to realise potential
Have to agree. He's looked okay in some games, not okay in some others.

I now think (didn't used to) it would be worthwhile him going on loan to a top end L1 team or a low end Championship team and get used to playing in a side week in, week out.

Also heard a little something something about one of the two young centre backs being touch and go for the game tomorrow.

Garden Gnome

Reserve
The team that finished at Borough for me. Keep Robbo and Moult till after the international break. Hit the opposition hard with a fully fit squad after the break.
We need to win this..... and we will.

kingpne

Manager
Have to agree. He's looked okay in some games, not okay in some others.

I now think (didn't used to) it would be worthwhile him going on loan to a top end L1 team or a low end Championship team and get used to playing in a side week in, week out.

Also heard a little something something about one of the two young centre backs being touch and go for the game tomorrow.
They're fine.

Browne and Gallagher won't be involved tomorrow. Potts back in.

europne

Manager
Let’s remember Birmingham are in a very odd situation, outsiders for the play offs, but facing a possible 12 point deduction which could leave them as relaxation candidates!!!!!!

New York White

First Team
My Edinburgh flight back to the States got cancelled because of the grounding of all these Boeing planes, so now I can attend the Birmingham game. Do you know if they still let you park at the fire station on Blackpool Road?

ernest

Manager
Rudd

Fisher
Storey
Davies
Hughes

Pearson
Johnson

Nmecha
Potts
Maguire

Stockley
If neither Gallagher nor Browne are available then that would be OK though an alternative might be to bring Ledson back alongside Pearson and use Johnson in the centre of the 3.