PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Team v Blades

I am far from convinced about Brady ??? Honestly what is that fella bringing to the table , I just don’t see it

I thought he started pretty well & was putting some fantastic balls into the box but he's another one that has dropped off recently for whatever reason.

Could a 3-4-3 work? With Riis and Maguire/ Parrott either side of Evans? Sheff Utd maybe not the time to try it as they're probably the best team in the league, but when we're playing shit like Blackpool and Swansea, we've surely got to lose of these midfield stoppers.

I am aware of that but would any strikers have done better with the service they have had?
Admittedly, the service has been poor and was virtually non-existent on Tuesday but having said that, when they've been presented with chances they've usually fluffed them.

Woodman
Storey Lindsay Hughes
Browne Whiteman McCann Alvaro
Brady
Riis Seani​
That’s a very decent shout but I wont be holding my breath unfortunately.
I know we didn’t sign the required striker but 3 goals in 9 games must tell RL that he needs to shuffle the pack?

Admittedly, the service has been poor and was virtually non-existent on Tuesday but having said that, when they've been presented with chances they've usually fluffed them.
Our strikers are lucky to get one chance per game, they're not Haaland, they'd need to have something like a 90% shot conversion rate to score goals in this set up.

That’s a very decent shout but I wont be holding my breath unfortunately.
I know we didn’t sign the required striker but 3 goals in 9 games must tell RL that he needs to shuffle the pack?

You'd think. But because we're playing top of the league Sheff Utd I fear it will be safety first again.

Don't entirely blame him to be fair; with the squad available, play to your strengths (defending) not your weaknesses (attacking).

Well done Peter. :(

You'd think. But because we're playing top of the league Sheff Utd I fear it will be safety first again.

Don't entirely blame him to be fair; with the squad available, play to your strengths (defending) not your weaknesses (attacking).

Well done Peter. :(
I think we’ve reached a point were there would be more benefit trying to playing on the front foot and losing rather than sitting back and drawing.

I don't think Riis is worth his place at the moment. Problem being what is the alternative? His appetite for the game doesn't appear to be right at present. We are carrying 2 forward passengers, but it seems Parrott is the only one getting the flack.

In the first half Riis, who isn't known for his aerial ability, got up and won 3 headers to flick them on for Parrott. The latter only really read the last one, nearly got on the end of it and that caused the defender to skew the ball out for a corner.

There was then a great opportunity to create a good chance. Parrott left of centre had the ball in space, Riis made a great run into the gap between the centre halves for the pass, but sadly Parrott's pass didn't beat the first man.

Riis is still making those runs. The problem is we're not finding him 90+% of the time, or worse still we're not even looking to find him and choosing safer options instead.

I don't think that there is any loss of appetite from Riis. Maybe he just gets a bit pissed off from time to time with how we are playing - I know I am.

Surely there’s got to be a bit of ‘tweaking’…..we have scored 3 goals and Sheff Utd have scored 17.
Apart from Gillingham (2) we have the worst goals scored record in the EFL.
Yeah, but on the flip side Yoowell….

We have conceded 2 whereas a lot of teams have conceded well into double figures - Hull have conceded 18

In the first half Riis, who isn't known for his aerial ability, got up and won 3 headers to flick them on for Parrott. The latter only really read the last one, nearly got on the end of it and that caused the defender to skew the ball out for a corner.

There was then a great opportunity to create a good chance. Parrott left of centre had the ball in space, Riis made a great run into the gap between the centre halves for the pass, but sadly Parrott's pass didn't beat the first man.

Riis is still making those runs. The problem is we're not finding him 90+% of the time, or worse still we're not even looking to find him and choosing safer options instead.

I don't think that there is any loss of appetite from Riis. Maybe he just gets a bit pissed off from time to time with how we are playing - I know I am.
Riis would score goals for any other side in this league.

Woodman
Storey Lindsay Hughes
Potts Whiteman Browne Brady Alvaro
Riis Seani

Think Parrott needs a rest. RL though will probably go for Evans ahead of Maguire . Whislt i can understand the reason for the tactics I would like to see the ball on the ground a bit more than Tuesday evening. Was more reminiscent of a Frankie team.