PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Team v Charlton

As dour as SG may have been, he understood that an individual attacking talent like McGeady (say) had to be given license to do what he was good at, and leave the defending to others.

But I guess SG wasn't wedded to a tactical "system" that falls apart if everyone isn't running themselves into the ground.

In today's LEP, AN explains that Sinclair is used to having lots of possession in Celtic games, but here he'll have to learn how to track back and defend as well.

Having read the stats for possession in our league this season, only 6 teams have a bigger percentage than pne, so maybe Alex is over stressing about defending AGAIN.
What happened to the up and at them young manager, let them worry about us manager, we had at the start

It was part of Sinclair's game under Rogers anyway as I've said a few times. Shouldn't take him long to adjust

As dour as SG may have been, he understood that an individual attacking talent like McGeady (say) had to be given license to do what he was good at, and leave the defending to others.

But I guess SG wasn't wedded to a tactical "system" that falls apart if everyone isn't running themselves into the ground.

Tbf, AN plays Bodin a reasonable amount, its on here that I see the whinging about his lack tracking back.

Possibility of Johnson returning and of Sinclair starting - be a bit harsh if Harrop were to be squeezed out by that combination. But leaving aside who leads the line then we may find ourselves able to select the five players for the midfield from Pearson, Browne, Barkhuizen, Harrop, Sinclair, Johnson, Ledson, Gallagher.

I think you're right about Sinclair possibly starting, but I think it may be a bit soon for Johnson as he's only just got back to full training. Maybe another week for him yet?

We have 10 days off after Barnsley away.

Bring DJ back for Feb 1st v Swansea @ Deepdale.

Tbf, AN plays Bodin a reasonable amount, its on here that I see the whinging about his lack tracking back.
Not quite the calibre of attacking talent I had in mind!

And my wider point is, if your tactical system demands everyone must run themselves into the ground tracking back or we leave gaping holes for the opposition to run right through, then your tactical system is no bloody good.

a tactical system that has had us in the top 6 (and certainly top half) of this division more in the last 2 & 1/2 years than the previous 15...(or maybe even last 50)...

And my wider point is, if your tactical system demands everyone must run themselves into the ground tracking back or we leave gaping holes for the opposition to run right through, then your tactical system is no bloody good.

More so when Gallagher is playing.

More so when Gallagher is playing.
It will be interesting to see todays team selection, will Gallys dire contribution at Ewood be enough to see him left out and maybe Ledson given a chance, i very much doubt it, possibly D.J. being fit will give the manager a solution without giving Ledson a break, which he seems so reluctant to do !
What i dont get is A.N. is so insistent on tracking and tackling back and yet Gally couldnt tackle a paper bag !!

It will be interesting to see todays team selection, will Gallys dire contribution at Ewood be enough to see him left out and maybe Ledson given a chance, i very much doubt it, possibly D.J. being fit will give the manager a solution without giving Ledson a break, which he seems so reluctant to do !
What i dont get is A.N. is so insistent on tracking and tackling back and yet Gally couldnt tackle a paper bag !!
If pearson and Gally are out we could see a midfield of Browne and Ledson with Harrop in the 10

Thanks to everyone for the advice re meeting the players. Got to meet most of them at the players entrance and had organised to meet Maguire and Browne there too so got our photos etc.

Now time to see the game and hopefully 3 points.
You do know if we win you have to come to the next one too? They are the rules.