PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Team v Derby

I’m at the ‘fuck it what have we got to lose’ point now. Go for the diamond

Rudd
Fisher Huntington Davies Hughes
Pearson
Browne Potts
DJ
Bodin Barkhuizen

Rudd.
Storey Bauer Davies.
Ledson.
Brown Pearson Harrop.
Barky Stockley Sinclair.
And you get fined if you go sideways or backwards more than 5 times per half

Rudd
Fish BFG Davies Hughes
Pearson
Bodin Browne Harrop Sinclair
Barky

Browne on Rooney, Harrop for creativity, Bodin/Barky/Sinclair to interchange.

But we all know it will be 4/2/3/1 defend defend defend.......

The best performance of the season that I’ve seen was at Leeds where Potts sat on Phillips and stopped him dictating play. Could he do the same with Rooney ?

Rudd
Browne Huntington Davies Rafferty
Pearson DJ
Bodin Harrop Sinclair
Barkhuizen

Proper don't get the Rafferty love in on here
“Love in” is probably going a bit far!

Maybe it’s because when he’s been in the team he’s not committed a significant mistake. Plus he was a regular in the team that went to the top of the division in the first third of the season? Maybe because although not as tall as Hughes, he is 100% better on the ground - where most of the game is actually played? Maybe because when he was in the team he was able to play balls in from the left that created goals, penalties and chances?

He got sent off for a 50-50 challenge that could have gone the other way against Fulham. Not had a look in since - when he was a becoming a regular.

At the moment it’s Hughes or Rafferty there. Unless you have any other ideas?

What’s Hughes got? Don’t tell me... he’s a few inches taller?

Maybe it’s because when he’s been in the team he’s not committed a significant mistake. Plus he was a regular in the team that went to the top of the division in the first third of the season? Maybe because although not as tall as Hughes, he is 100% better on the ground - where most of the game is actually played? Maybe because when he was in the team he was able to play balls in from the left that created goals, penalties and chances?

He got sent off for a 50-50 challenge that could have gone the other way against Fulham. Not had a look in since - when he was a becoming a regular.

He also puts in 110% whenever asked, on either flank (not saying Hughes doesn't).

Remember; Cunningham was City's surplus Left Back who wasn't deemed good enough either...

Rudd
Fisher Bauer Davies Hughes
Pearson DJ
Barky Browne Harrop
Sinclair

Think this is what I think AN will play, with maybe Potts in for DJ at some point. I'd still swap DJ and Browne around, as DJ's better in front of goal and Browne's got the legs to track in midfield, plus I'd give Rafa a shot for Hughes.

Could have done better for Luton's goal as it came from a run down the right. Cardiff's second Hughes pushed up and Davies looked caught in two minds whether to cover or hold position.
Lutons was a long throw from the keeper towards Hughes area, Barky tried to intercept and turned it in field where they ran straight at the middle of the defence - nowhere near Hughes - Bauer was leaden footed and Davies backed off rather than coming for the block.

Cardiff's 2nd was a simple ball rolled into Tomlin who Davies didnt get close too, allowed him to flick it inside to a midfield runner not picked up by anyone.

There is nobody on this forum a bigger fan of Ben DAvies than me (right from when I first saw him at 15) but he was poor in some aspects of all 4 goals we've conceded.....( and a lot more errors in the CArdiff game than just the goals) . Picking on Hughes as the scapegoat for 'better players' failings is simply avoiding the obvious.... both CB's have been poor since lockdown (and a bit before)....

Raff is pretty good in the air too, for his size