PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Team v Derby

I'd be happy to try anything because I cant think of any 10 (Rudd is ok) who I would defo play - however you have chosen a front 5 without a tackler in it.....which might just suit Rooney & Bogle.
Good starting eleven for me. That team may also give us a chance of scoring more than one goal. We might as well start throwing the kitchen sink at teams. I would rather watch the side give it a go and lose than play under the constraints that AN seems to impose on the side.

I'd be happy to try anything because I cant think of any 10 (Rudd is ok) who I would defo play - however you have chosen a front 5 without a tackler in it.....which might just suit Rooney & Bogle.
Unfortunately, I can’t see anything other than a Derby win... they have got the momentum.

I think AN has got to change the defence, I would bring Hunts in to replace Davis.
His experience would not go a miss and he is a leader, something we are missing!
No one seems to do any talking or organising and I think he would help the full backs.
Hunts was unlucky to lose his place after performing admirably against Leeds, WBA and Fulham our rivals and when paired with Bauer we didn’t lose!
I would recall Harrop to give us some life in mid field, pairing him with Johnson.
This would give us a mid field of Pearson, Harrop, Johnson and Browne.
The full backs, Fisher and Hughes would push on to give the width, with Sinclair and Barky using their pace upfront.
No we don’t play balls up to feet or 10ft in the air, we knock them through the channels for them to chase!
Hunts to captain the side and use his experience to get the best out of this team, we must perform, we must want it from the off and we must get 3 points!!”

Not sure if this will have any impact on the fixture going ahead or not but Derby's Andre Wisdom has been stabbed and is hospitalized.

Expected to make a full recovery. Got to wonder if Derby are in the right frame of mind to play the fixture though...

Not sure if this will have any impact on the fixture going ahead or not but Derby's Andre Wisdom has been stabbed and is hospitalized.

Expected to make a full recovery. Got to wonder if Derby are in the right frame of mind to play the fixture though...
Thats horrible news. Glad to hear he is ok

Rudd

Fisher
Storey
Davies
Hughes

Pearson
Browne
Dj
Harrop

Barky
Sinclair

4-1-2-1-2, pearo at the base of the diamond, harrop at the tip. Drop Bauer hes been poor in both games. High press required, no faffing around in midfield or the short long ball from the middle of the park

Disgusting. Going to visit a relative and attacked and robbed probably just because of his status. Easy goldmine

My fear is AN will be plotting how to stop Derby rather than plotting for Derby to not contain our play.
He will be so concerned about Rooney so will drop a midfielder onto him, resulting in Pearson and another ,probably Browne, sitting deep. We will then have a midfielder , DJ, stranded between two sitting midfielders and an immobile striker and wingers playing as wingbacks who hit a brick wall at the halfway line. The space between them means it’s easy for Derby to pick us off and they repeatedly attack taking the opportunity to exploit our negative , rigid, predictable tactics.
Hope I’m wrong and AN is plotting the opposite .
Keep the faith

We have to play a more positive thinking game, a going forward game, as one manager recently said 'It's not the number of passes than win a game' It's the 'number of goals that you score'. So for this I prefer a forward thinking strategy using Rafferty, Gally and Harrop.

We have to play a more positive thinking game, a going forward game, as one manager recently said 'It's not the number of passes than win a game' It's the 'number of goals that you score'. So for this I prefer a forward thinking strategy using Rafferty, Gally and Harrop.
Exactly
How many times have we seen a team with 60, 70’or more %!possession only to not score and watch the opposition sneak in a nice little winner

I prefer a forward thinking strategy using Rafferty, Gally and Harrop.

Rafferty and Harrop would probably have that effect but I do fear that Gallagher is now in a very obvious decline and has little use left in him except maybe as tactical option for the final 20 minutes of games at most. Our chance of making the play-offs has not gone but if we are still in this division next season then you have to say that if Gallagher is released then along with Clarke that will free up two wages that can be used to bring in the experienced left-back and it seems increasingly evident aggressive central midfielder we need. Anyhow this season is not yet over but we need a win from somewhere and fast to keep it alive.

the most remarkable stat we learned on Saturday that Cardiff had won all their previous games whilst having less than 50% possession in all of them.

In other words they sit off; invite teams on; then press in the middle of the field and break with pace - just like for their 1st goal....

Saturday was the 1st time they had more than 50% possession and won...

the most remarkable stat we learned on Saturday that Cardiff had won all their previous games whilst having less than 50% possession in all of them.

In other words they sit off; invite teams on; then press in the middle of the field and break with pace - just like for their 1st goal....

Saturday was the 1st time they had more than 50% possession and won...

PNE 51% Cardiff 49%

PNE 51.1% Cardiff 48.9%

The SKY link details everything in Defence, Attack, Duals, Passing Accuracy, etc. Always well worth a gander.

We come out on top in most of them.

Except the result.

However, to continue the above post of mine, Crossing Accuracy was 9.5% v 21.7% whilst Shooting Accuracy was 21.4% v 46.2%

Shows where our issues, if we didn't already know, are.

Exactly
How many times have we seen a team with 60, 70’or more %!possession only to not score and watch the opposition sneak in a nice little winner

I don't disagree with you, but that implies you want us to play a counter attacking game. Which is inherently more defensive minded.

Isn't that the opposite of what everyone is moaning about?