PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Team v Derby

I don't disagree with you, but that implies you want us to play a counter attacking game. Which is inherently more defensive minded.

Isn't that the opposite of what everyone is moaning about?
At the moment, we're getting all the downsides of a counter-attacking game (defensive setup, very few chances created, can be quite turgid to watch) without any of the benefits (occasional high speed attacks and actual goals).

When AN came in, he dropped our previous counter-attacking approach, insisting his style of play would be completely different.

I wonder if the way we're playing now is what he had in mind back then?

Nailed on team

Rudd

Fisher
Bauer
Davies
Hughes

Pearson
Johnson
Browne

Barky
Sinclair
Maguire

Genuinely don’t know any Derby players apart from the obvious ones. If they have height, I’d fully expect Browne at right back with Gally going in midfield.
Defence first and foremost, the Neil mentality.

Where is the adventure of playing Maguire 17 or so games 'no goals', we need to do a John Wylie, remember him, midfielder who was moved to centre forward to try and keep us into the top flight and it almost worked. had he been moved earlier in the season we would most likely have remained in what is now the Premiership!! So Harrop up front see what happens and, just maybe it will, along a bit more adventure, get us in a playoff place.

PNE 51% Cardiff 49%

PNE 51.1% Cardiff 48.9%

The SKY link details everything in Defence, Attack, Duals, Passing Accuracy, etc. Always well worth a gander.

We come out on top in most of them.

Except the result.
cheers Jack..... I was actually quoting Sky commentators during the game who were saying Cardiff never have so much possession and maybe arent sure what to do with it - for the 1st hour..... maybe our stats improved possession wise after going behind ?

Where is the adventure of playing Maguire 17 or so games 'no goals', we need to do a John Wylie, remember him, midfielder who was moved to centre forward to try and keep us into the top flight and it almost worked. had he been moved earlier in the season we would most likely have remained in what is now the Premiership!! So Harrop up front see what happens and, just maybe it will, along a bit more adventure, get us in a playoff place.
I think John Wylie was a CH, but it brings back memories of PNE playing Graham Hawkins at CF, if my memory serves me correctly, he scored the only goal v Villa in last minute!
It was a long time ago, so could be dreaming!!

So in summary we don’t know what our best 11 is. And as usual Alex will almost certainly come up with a team that no else on here has picked.

As a "friend"... Of mine stated quite eloquently...
At the moment, football is very similar to dogging, if there is no audience then the performance is inhibited...
Wise words for a vicar.

Nailed on team

Rudd

Fisher
Bauer
Davies
Hughes

Pearson
Johnson
Browne

Barky
Sinclair
Maguire

Genuinely don’t know any Derby players apart from the obvious ones. If they have height, I’d fully expect Browne at right back with Gally going in midfield.
Defence first and foremost, the Neil mentality.

This will be the team. Maybe Gally for Browne but I'd be amazed if he Maguire doesn't start instead of Stockley.

Stockley has had his chance :rolleyes:

Couple of tweets from the presscall:

1. The "didn't we do well?" department

2. For man-marking fans, respect must be given to their 32Red:

The vibe I picked up was "we've done way above expectation" and "amazing we are above Derby."
Expectation management from him. Hope I'm wrong but starting to look and sound like he's given up and we've been here before with Neil.

How many chances has Maguire had?
More than a monopoly board
At the first opportunity I’d merrily drive him to anyone who’d pay more than £20 for him
Dreading tomorrow where we will inevitably get the he tried hard and he ran around a lot crew offering what can only be described as enviable support
And before anyone starts he poked a ball forward for our last goal which was to be expected from any average footballer
We deserve better

The vibe I picked up was "we've done way above expectation" and "amazing we are above Derby."
Expectation management from him. Hope I'm wrong but starting to look and sound like he's given up and we've been here before with Neil.
The most laughable tweet was saved for last - mentioning the Covid-19 break as if it's been a factor in our piss-poor results, without mentioning the 3 successive defeats and 4 defeats in 5 immediately before the break.

This is really the opportunity for AN to show what a motivator he is.

After being down in the dumps after missing out on automatic in L1, Grayson managed to pick up the whole team and forget about it - you wouldn't have known it had even happened based on the performances in the play-offs.

Similar situation here... bad restart, dropping out of the top six. Now's the time to show we can turn it around. Never been a better moment to find some form and turn it around.

Over to you, Alex!

This is really the opportunity for AN to show what a motivator he is.

After being down in the dumps after missing out on automatic in L1, Grayson managed to pick up the whole team and forget about it - you wouldn't have known it had even happened based on the performances in the play-offs.

Similar situation here... bad restart, dropping out of the top six. Now's the time to show we can turn it around. Never been a better moment to find some form and turn it around.

Over to you, Alex!
I entirely agree, but don't hold your breath

So playing for a draw at the outset. Problem is we can't keep clean sheets or score more than one goal.

For me it has to be:

Rudd

Fisher
Bauer
Davies
Rafferty

Pearson
Johnson

Barkhuizen
Potts
Harrop

Sinclair

Trust Rafferty far more than I do Hughes. Browne was absolutely horrendous at the weekend and should be dropped (even though I don’t think he will be). Put Potts in the 10 to do a mirroring job on Rooney. Played that role against Kalvin Phillips at Elland Road and at Deepdale earlier on in the season and we were a couple of minutes away from an extra 4 points.

Either way, I don’t hold much hope