PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Team v Derby

This is really the opportunity for AN to show what a motivator he is.

After being down in the dumps after missing out on automatic in L1, Grayson managed to pick up the whole team and forget about it - you wouldn't have known it had even happened based on the performances in the play-offs.

Similar situation here... bad restart, dropping out of the top six. Now's the time to show we can turn it around. Never been a better moment to find some form and turn it around.

Over to you, Alex!

Agree.

As important as a win is to us fans he’s actually got his whole career on the line at the moment.

He came here with a decent reputation and showed a really positive attitude, setting the team up to try and win every match, playing the game in the opposition half and being pro-active with his subs. To have us in with a chance of the Play Offs with our modest budget is decent. However, our form this calendar year is that of relegation candidates. Very, very poor.

If he’s hoping to progress in his football managerial career he has to improve massively on that. Let’s all hope he starts that improvement tomorrow.

COYW!

good results for derby tonight. fully expect them to make play offs. wankers
Well let's hope it's a bad one tomorrow.
Tonight results were just as good for us.
Hope Derby don't make the play offs.
May get points docked for financial cheating but will believe it when it happens.
Let's not throw the towel in to them.

Rudd

Fisher
Storey
Davies
Hughes

Pearson
Browne
Dj
Harrop

Barky
Sinclair

4-1-2-1-2, pearo at the base of the diamond, harrop at the tip. Drop Bauer hes been poor in both games. High press required, no faffing around in midfield or the short long ball from the middle of the park

Diamond based on what, can I ask?

Diamond based on what, can I ask?
Barnsley away, plus the fact we put a grand total of next to bugger all crosses in at the weekend. Even if we did Jayden 50p head or paperlight Maguire wont be winning them 😕.

Stockley should have done much better with his free header at the weekend, not necessarily score but at least test the keeper, my dog could have chased the ball down and got it before it got near the goal, and hes a fat pug.

Our current system also hasnt worked for weeks, needs freshening up.

Barnsley away, plus the fact we put a grand total of next to bugger all crosses in at the weekend. Even if we did Jayden 50p head or paperlight Maguire wont be winning them 😕.

Stockley should have done much better with his free header at the weekend, not necessarily score but at least test the keeper, my dog could have chased the ball down and got it before it got near the goal, and hes a fat pug.

Our current system also hasnt worked for weeks, needs freshening up.

Yeah I thought you’d answer Barnsley.

What you don’t mention however is the diamond is what we changed to at half time vs QPR when 1-0 up. That went well...

Yeah I thought you’d answer Barnsley.

What you don’t mention however is the diamond is what we changed to at half time vs QPR when 1-0 up. That went well...

I agree, thought that was bizarre at the time and not one of ANs better tactical moves.
Just feel we have gone stale, ANs proven he cant play 352 so looking for ways to utilise our better players

I have a feeling Bodin might start...let’s hope his time has come.
I honestly feel sad for you, if Bodins the best we have to look forward to we are buggered.
The only reason that Bodin is a hope is that he has not had as much game time due to injury, less time to show he is as poor as the rest of our forward options !!! The only player who has showed any promise in his limited game time is Harrop, but he likes to go forward and he has got a goal in him so for the manager he is completely out of the question !!!!!

Just started to rain here on the estate
There’s a chance it could get called off. We live in hope
What you have failed to give details on though, is that your estate is that vast that it has it's own micro-climate. Dry everywhere else across the North West... Game on!

I have no recollection of Deepdale ever being waterlogged.
Except when we lost around 6 in 7 under Moyes, flooded the pitch and let the frost do the rest just before we played Wolves (Match Postponed). We then had a 2 week break.

It helped us get back on track and into the POs where we lost to Bolton.