Team Vs Bolton

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
Go again, or time for a bit of a freshen up?

And if so what? I think the back 5 picks itself so...

In the front 6 there's probably a debate over 3 places.

Pearson, Potts, Browne will play.

So is it Gally or DJ?
Barkhuizen in on the left? And if so will Maguire drop out or go up front instead of Stockley?

I think he'll go same again.

On the bench Crowe to replace Ripley.

diggerb

First Team
Like to see Barky in this game, whether he should start is a question of who would you drop. At a push i would drop Stockley play Maguire central and Barky up with him. My next point will not go down well, Gallagher was appalling last time out, maybe he needs a rest but his replacement , Johnson may turn up and be amazing and run the show, or the opposite be ineffective. This all sounds like a grumble, its not meant that way, i think our recent form has been superb, the thing is, when you are going well you start looking for the refinements. Anyway whoever starts (and unchanged probably has a lot going for it) i am sure no one will let us down and fingers crossed a win for the big turn out !!!!

Would get Ledson fired up and bring him in for Gally ,the sort of game Ledson should thrive in, otherwise everything the same. Bolton are a real awkward side to play against and we'll do well to grind out an ugly one goal victory. A potential banana skin of a fixture
if we don't play focused and at full capacity

utw

Reserve
Maguire for Stockley up front and Barky in on the left for Seani. Other than that, same as. Hudson in for Ripley on the bench, too.

Although Stockley played really well in his first couple of games, in the last two he's not really been as effective. Understandable as he's getting used to the step up and I think in time that consistency will come, but I think for tomorrow I would drop him to the bench, play Maguire in the central strikers role and bring Barks in on the left. I think we'll get more out of their defence with pace & guile than a target man type of striker. Then bring Stockley on for the last twenty minutes or so when we are out of sight !!

lenny

Reserve
Tough one to call , same starting eleven for me but would like to see Barkhuizen come in to help stretch the Bolton defence but that then means Maguire on bench but would be a good sub to make after an hour and play him up top in the centre as for me that’s where he’s most dangerous and likely to score . Don’t think Maguire is enough of a target man on his own up front . Maybe even a 4-4-2 formation in the last half an hour if we need to score

sports rehab

First Team
looks like Bolton have big injury doubts in defence with 4 of their main 6 doubtful or already ruled out - incl 2 of their big CB's.

Therefore Stockley might have a great chance of dominating 'stand in CBs' such as Wilson or Lowe......

Use the same 11 and let the pace come on later when the older BWFC players are feeling fatigued.

europne

First Team
looks like Bolton have big injury doubts in defence with 4 of their main 6 doubtful or already ruled out - incl 2 of their big CB's.

Therefore Stockley might have a great chance of dominating 'stand in CBs' such as Wilson or Lowe......

Use the same 11 and let the pace come on later when the older BWFC players are feeling fatigued.
Have you been spying on their training sessions then?

europne

First Team
Originally The Reebok Stadium.

In recent times The Macron Stadium.

And now The University of Bolton Stadium!?!?!?

University of Bolton? I didn’t know they had one....... and where do they get the money to go wasting naming footy grounds?

What next?

europne

First Team
That Ameoba fella always worries me, he’s like a giraffe on ice, but he’s also dangerous. Like a poor mans Ricardo Fuller, totally unpredictable.

pnematic

First Team

University of Bolton? I didn’t know they had one....... and where do they get the money to go wasting naming footy grounds?

What next?

£9k per year per student helps the contributions. Vice Chancellor earns £220,120 pa and runs a nice Bentley.

zwebbhead

Reserve
Like to see Barky in this game, whether he should start is a question of who would you drop. At a push i would drop Stockley play Maguire central and Barky up with him. My next point will not go down well, Gallagher was appalling last time out, maybe he needs a rest but his replacement , Johnson may turn up and be amazing and run the show, or the opposite be ineffective. This all sounds like a grumble, its not meant that way, i think our recent form has been superb, the thing is, when you are going well you start looking for the refinements. Anyway whoever starts (and unchanged probably has a lot going for it) i am sure no one will let us down and fingers crossed a win for the big turn out !!!!
Whenever Gally has a bad game he's always class the next game

Aitch

Forum Patron
Patron
Although Stockley played really well in his first couple of games, in the last two he's not really been as effective. Understandable as he's getting used to the step up and I think in time that consistency will come, but I think for tomorrow I would drop him to the bench,
I thought he did well against Derby and we were better when he was on the pitch than off it.

sports rehab

First Team
Have you been spying on their training sessions then?
No too wet for that - even if I knew where they trained !

I read their website and B.E.N. One or two will be having late fitness tests on Saturday morning I presume, but clearly wont be fully fit even if they make it. For all their height at CB - if Wheater, Hobbs and Beevers play (and at least 1 cant and possibly not 2) then fullback has been a problem position for them form wise. Grounds has been poor and they keep trying different people at RB - ex Rover Jason Lowe played there last week.

Kathryn

First Team

What next?
Obviously the money comes from their sponsors.

I agree, Stockley might have a field day against them. If so, a big boost to his confidence.