PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Team vs Fulham

Sedge_Fan

Patron
Change in shape and personnel worked a treat last night so my #11 would be..

--------------------Iversen
Sepp Bauer Hughes Greg
---Browne Whiteman DJ----
---Barky Ched Riis

433 press from the off and don't give the defence a minutes peace

Change in shape and personnel worked a treat last night so my #11 would be..

--------------------Iversen
Sepp Bauer Hughes Greg
---Browne Whiteman DJ----
---Barky Ched Riis

433 press from the off and don't give the defence a minutes peace
McCann has to be in there over DJ. If we go up against Fulham with only one sitting midfielder they will crucify us. Neil knew how to set us up against these teams, and DJ always missed out because the presser was more important

Before we all leap on the 4-3-3 bandwagon, Frankie did shrewdly point this out last night:

I'd rather keep Evans on the bench, give him some game time in the 2nd half and save him for the Plastics game. I'd write the Fulham game off if it helped us avoid defeat at Deadwood.

I'd rather keep Evans on the bench, give him some game time in the 2nd half and save him for the Plastics game. I'd write the Fulham game off if it helped us avoid defeat at Deadwood.

Agree. Don't rush Ched back, especially for a game where we actually probably do need a runaroundalot, fallyover false-striker more.

I can't bring myself to admit any more than that.

Christ not 3-5-2 pls !

Need a change maybe a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 but doubt Frankie will change.

My selection (cant see it happening tho)

Iverson
SVB Bauer Hughes Earl
Whiteman Browne Ledson
Riis Ched Sinclair

As others have said we’ll start 5-3-2.
I would keep the same starting 11 because I don’t think Evans is ready for a full ninety and I would rather have him on nearer the end.
It seemed to me that last night Maguire was far too deep playing almost the 10 role and Browne was sort of popping up everywhere trying to do a bit too much really…..can’t fault him for effort but I want him as a 10 and Maguire nearer to Riis.

I think FM might name a more (some might say even more) defensive team for Fulham, bearing in mind they score goals for fun.

Iversen

Storey
Bauer
Hughes

van den Berg
Whiteman
McCann
Cunningham

Browne

Riis
Maguire

People are expecting Fulham to come and roll us over. But if Bpoo can surprise then I'm sure we can.
Boroughs goal last night showed our defence to be almost amateur so we need to be more street wise there.
Keep the same starting 11 for me and go for it in last 30 mins if not already 4-0 up.

They'll come at us so I'd personally like to have DJ starting to give us a countering option.

I think McAvoy has settled on this current three though.