Team Vs QPR

ernest

Advisor to the Owner
Johnson and Riis starting on Wednesday seem to me the two absolutely essential requirements. Riis for Maguire is obvious but who makes way for Johnson is a condundrum - certainly not Ledson who I though was our best player today and played the only two constructive forward passes we manged in the whole game. Potts looked disappointed to be subbed today and he did put some effort in but he is a player who can look good in a good team not one who can have an energising effect on a poorly performing one. Browne was also energetic and committed if not particularly effective and I might play him alongside Johnson.

baldnobber

Forum Patron
Patron
As poor as our home form has been, away from home we've been decent for a while. I think we need to separate the 2.
Today's team is much more of an 'away' team so I wouldn't change it too much, possibly Barkhuizen in for Potts.
However even if we win these next 2 away games, we cannot play the same team next home game - Neil needs to change it up at Deepdale.

pthnorthender

Advisor to the Owner
For me, as long as Riis, DJ and Harrop play I am not bothered who else he picks. We lacked any creativity against Cardiff and played straight into their hands. IMO DJ and Harrop are the only two who can produce the unexpected. We are too easily sussed out by most teams and need to inject that x factor. I would also be inclined to drop Pearson who is often guilty of slowing the game down.

SuffolknWhat

Advisor to the Owner
For me, as long as Riis, DJ and Harrop play I am not bothered who else he picks. We lacked any creativity against Cardiff and played straight into their hands. IMO DJ and Harrop are the only two who can produce the unexpected. We are too easily sussed out by most teams and need to inject that x factor. I would also be inclined to drop Pearson who is often guilty of slowing the game down.
If you play DJ in the 10 where does Harrop play?
He's not a wide man

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
If you play DJ in the 10 where does Harrop play?
He's not a wide man
If Harrop is going to get a regular run of games we would have to be playing 4141 where he plays as a 2nd 10 and can float.

The problem then is we would be spending much of the game looking like we only have 10 players on the pitch

jamesOB

Forum Patron
Patron
If Harrop is going to get a regular run of games we would have to be playing 4141 where he plays as a 2nd 10 and can float.

The problem then is we would be spending much of the game looking like we only have 10 players on the pitch
Can we play that against Wycombe?

Imagine how many goals we’d score with those two in the tens

jamesOB

Forum Patron
Patron
It’s a good job he’s a fantastic wing back then.

As others as said , he’s the most gifted and clinical in or around the box. He needs to play to his strengths , it’s not like we are awash we quality up top.
Playing him up top is not playing to his strengths. You think battling with centre backs and holding the ball up is what he’s good at?

And as for the playing full back thing, take a look at where Hoilett and Ojo were when we had the ball. Hell, Harry Kane ran the length of the pitch to make a tackle. This idea that our plays our being coached only to defend is getting stale now