PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Team Vs QPR

Sure, although we beat SWFC with Ledson (and Pearson) off the field.

And I've already said the Brum and Bristol City games were meaningless kickabouts after we'd already blown the play-offs.

I can see what point you're trying to make though. It's all too clear.

Is discussion now frowned upon on here?
All I am pointing out is that the results and performances weren't that bad without Pearson. Whether the games were meaningful or not for us doesnt have any bearing on the fact that my point stands.

If we are to play without a sitting midfielder as we did in those games it is a decent indication of how we are likely to play.

Sure, although we beat SWFC with Ledson (and Pearson) off the field.

And I've already said the Brum and Bristol City games were meaningless kickabouts after we'd already blown the play-offs.

I can see what point you're trying to make though. It's all too clear.

Is discussion now frowned upon on here?
Of course not. Sometimes I suppose I may just confuse your discussion for patronising putdownism.

Rudd

Storey Bauer Davies

Barkhuizen Browne Ledson Earl

Johnson

Riis Sinclair​

I’d normally agree with Earl as I think he’ll be one for the future and I don’t rate Hughes that much. However, I think Hughes was our best player on Sunday, says it all!

Rudd

Browne, would prefer Fisher if fit
Bauer
Davies
Hughes, would prefer Earl if fit

Pearson
Ledson

Potts
Johnson
Sinclair

Riis

Earl is fit. The issue we're moving in to is that the likes of Harrop, Earl, Gallagher, Fisher, Bayliss will probably all be needed over the next couple of months but they've hardly kicked a ball between them. We need to somehow start getting them some game time otherwise those who play every week will start to burn out.

Rudd

Browne, would prefer Fisher if fit
Bauer
Davies
Hughes, would prefer Earl if fit

Pearson
Ledson

Potts
Johnson
Sinclair

Riis

That obviously solves the how do we get Pearson, Ledson, Browne and Johnson into the same team issue. Whether or to what extent Browne is better than Rafferty at right-back is another issue - difficult to decide defensively though Browne is probably a bit more inventive when supporting the attack. Otherwise Riis definitely has to start - AN must recognise that Maguire simply no longer has the pace to compensate for his lack of presence to enable him to lead the line. Yes Maguire has other qualities - tenacity, some cleverness when he gets the ball - but as a lone striker he is a spent force. His best role now would be as a supporting striker playing slightly deeper in a partnership.

@Jerry, hope you and Josh are well.
Just wanted to ask you how Josh is finding the new facilities and how much better he finds it training there in what are perceived to be top class facilities (I agree I think they are) compared to what was on offer down at Springies? Cheers.

Riis & Maguire up front. Not something we've done much, but big man little man could be what Maguire needs to feed off and not be so isolated.

Needs us to shuffle the system to accommodate two strikers but worth a try in my view.

Two high up AMs in Sinclair and Barky rotating in and out with Maguire to central and wide areas. 4-4-2 with high up wingers. Riis chasing passing lanes from the keeper and acting as a focal point.

Rudd

Browne
Bauer
Davies
Hughes

Pearson
DJ
Barky
Sinclair

Riis
Maguire

Let us take the positives going into tonight’s game, we are still unbeaten and scoring goals away.
Let us forget about Sunday’s shambles and play like we are capable of.
I don’t care what team AN plays, he always surprises us, all I want is a team that plays with commitment and passion.
The home games have been none events and I am just glad that the fans have not been there to vent their anger.
Players not playing with any energy, no one running at opposition players and not much running off the ball.
Let us get at them, attack them, get the ball in the box and stop playing this slow, sideways passing football that takes an age to get into the opposition box.
I am looking for a change in attitude and this from the manager as well, if someone is not putting it in, get them off and give someone else a chance and preferably not in the last 20mins, do it early enough!
The performances at home are not acceptable and time is running out after all these lack lustre games!

This is what I think he'll go with, not necessarily what I'd go with

Rudd
Rafu/Browne Bauer Davies Earl
Gallagher Ledson
Barky DJ Sinclair
Maguire

Subs: Ripley, Storey, Bayliss, Riis, Stockley, Harrop, Bodin/Rafu/Browne

This is what I think he'll go with, not necessarily what I'd go with

Rudd
Rafu/Browne Bauer Davies Earl
Gallagher Ledson
Barky DJ Sinclair
Maguire

Subs: Ripley, Storey, Bayliss, Riis, Stockley, Harrop, Bodin/Rafu/Browne

Earl to start!! No Potts in the18!!

Can cut Alex Neil slack for not playing DJ on Saturday, clearly not fit.
Don't understand why he had him on the bench. Getting beat 0 -1 and he doesn't get on the pitch. What particular circumstances was he there for? Penalty in the last 10 minutes?