PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Teenager murdered near Deepdale.

As per JDs post above it appears they were mates. What on earth can make people so angry that theyd actually kill another?
It’s all about “respect” I’ll guess. The other two have already been named on Facebook ones Asian and the other mixed race. They all seem to have the gangster pose somewhere (even the victim). The truth will out in the end.
waste of another young life☹️

The result of shite parenting, poor education systems and lack of social constructs.

Glasgow is the example to follow in tackling knife crime.

Need to start giving out big sentences for knife crime and bigger sentences for attempted murder, close to murder charges and 5 year sentences for carrying knives or this will never stop .

How can it be addressed though, Ando?

In a sense gun crime is relatively easy to solve but I only have to walk in my kitchen to realise I have a selection of potentially deadly weapons.
You aren't likely to want to use those knives to stab someone with though, Raef. Unfortunately, some people do, coupled with no concern about the consequences. And that's what needs tackling.

What are they doing pal?

They set up a unit separate to the police force in the early 2000s. Its main purpose is to catch the issue at the earliest stage. School systems have changed to incorporate them, the social services are involved from an incredibly early stage, parenting classes are available, etc.

This article is a good read about it.

Recall metal detecting wands and arches being used at Ribbleton Hall High School.
If they can't use knives then a screwdriver will do, or a chisel, clearly offensive weapons in a public place. Its a vicious circle thats forever spiralling in the same direction, ruining lives of victims, offenders and their families.

They set up a unit separate to the police force in the early 2000s. Its main purpose is to catch the issue at the earliest stage. School systems have changed to incorporate them, the social services are involved from an incredibly early stage, parenting classes are available, etc.

This article is a good read about it.

Just skimmed that, a very interesting article.

Obviously would like to add my condolences to the family too.

Can't imagine the pain they're experiencing. Hopefully they get some sort of justice.

Just seen this. You've posted it while I was putting my rant together and I'm glad to see we're in agreement about many things.
We need to act NOW!
I agree with every word that you and PrestonLad wrote... the problem is that every time the Police try to introduce stricter stop and search methods people cry foul about civil rights etc.....

I have always held the view that if you have nothing to hide, then you
should not have a problem being searched.....

I agree with every word that you and PrestonLad wrote... the problem is that every time the Police try to introduce stricter stop and search methods people cry foul about civil rights etc.....

Nail on the head Ando.

Data suggests that stop and search is not particularly effective at reducing crime by deterring potential criminals.

Does stop and search work as a deterrent?​

The evidence on stop and search suggests it is not a particularly good deterrent.

A recent paper by Professor Bradford and colleagues Dr Matteo Tiratelli and Dr Paul Quinton says:

“We used ten years of police, crime and other data from London to investigate the potential effect of stop and search on crime.

“We find that S&S has only a very weak and inconsistent association with crime. While there is some correlation, most notably in relation to drug offences, we conclude that the deterrent effect of S&S is likely to be small, at best…

“We struggled to find evidence of an effect of S&S on violent crime.”

They found that after a 10% increase in stop and search during a given month, recorded drug offences would be 1.85% lower during the next month, while non-domestic violent crime was 0.01% lower.

Another study into stop and search’s deterrent effects was the Home Office’s analysis of the outcomes of Operation BLUNT 2.

It said: “Overall, analysis shows that there was no discernible crime-reducing effects from a large surge in stop and search activity at the borough level during the operation.”

However the paper does note that “it does not necessarily follow that stop and search activity does not reduce crime.

“It is possible that there are localised crime-reducing effects of stop and search activity that are masked when analysing data on such a large geographic area.”

Slightly more positive findings come from New York City, where an evaluation of Operation Impact, an initiative where more police were deployed to high crime areas (“impact zones”) and encouraged to conduct investigative stops, found:

“Impact zones were also significantly associated with increases in investigative stops for suspected crimes, but only the increase in stops made based on probable cause indicators of criminal behaviors were associated with crime reductions.

“However, probable cause-related stops were a relatively small fraction of the total number of investigative stops, suggesting that there were excess stops that had little crime suppression benefits.”

If you're finding yourself frequently stopped and searched with nothing to hide I believe it could become rather tiresome.

If you have nothing to hide you should have no problem being searched is akin to saying I don't care about freedom of speech because I've got nothing to say.

If you're finding yourself frequently stopped and searched with nothing to hide I believe it could become rather tiresome.

If you have nothing to hide you should have no problem being searched is akin to saying I don't care about freedom of speech because I've got nothing to say.
One of the reasons I stopped going to away games.

Tragic.

I think there a lot of stabbings also go unreported.

Possible revenge motives in this case I’m led to believe, certain kids can’t afford to lose face, and as others have pointed out they just don’t know where to draw the line, with the result being this awful crime.

With the victim and 3 or 4 perpetrators that’s 4 or 5 families suffering the consequences for the next few years .....