PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Test Cricket 2020

Woakes is fighting his corner very well.

There was an interesting piece on BBC Sport about the stats of our fast bowlers in Tests in England. Unsurprisingly, perhaps, he came out best.

I liked the stat about Curran. He’s won all 8 of his Tests over here but our bowlers perform better statistically with him in the side because he doesn’t get many wickets!

The other noticeable thing was that Wood shouldn’t really be in the conversation.

Woakes is fighting his corner very well.

There was an interesting piece on BBC Sport about the stats of our fast bowlers in Tests in England. Unsurprisingly, perhaps, he came out best.

I liked the stat about Curran. He’s won all 8 of his Tests over here but our bowlers perform better statistically with him in the side because he doesn’t get many wickets!

The other noticeable thing was that Wood shouldn’t really be in the conversation.
Like Woakes. Interesting stat around Broad before the second innings started. This summer he was averaging 12 with the ball and over 100 with the bat. Decentish numbers!!!

'WASIM FOR ENGLAND!'
Looking at him even now I reckon he could still play. Annoying these guys. He could probably play about 3 sports professionally.

And yes, what a Test Match this is. Think they may have got too many already but hopefully a decent finish in store

And yes, what a Test Match this is. Think they may have got too many already but hopefully a decent finish in store
We’ve mainly been on the back foot and my guess that Pakistan’s margin of victory will ultimately be very healthy - but no doubt it’s been a really good fight - and you never know.

I do think that Stokes having made a contribution with the ball is very helpful. Will calm him down a bit when he comes to bat.

It was silly of the BBC to describe our performance as “woeful” yesterday.

It wasn’t.

Stokes is supposed to have had a problem with a quad. It’s not a side strain or anything that would impinge his bowling rather than his batting (and fielding). Looks like we’ve used it as an excuse from deciding between the quicks.

Only two run chases in excess of 200 at Old Trafford before.

In saying that, I think we’ve got a decent chance. I’d bat Pope at four.

If we can get Pakistan out early in the morning, then we are chasing 260 / 270

it’s doable, but it won’t be easy

It was silly of the BBC to describe our performance as “woeful” yesterday.

It wasn’t.

Stokes is supposed to have had a problem with a quad. It’s not a side strain or anything that would impinge his bowling rather than his batting (and fielding). Looks like we’ve used it as an excuse from deciding between the quicks.

Only two run chases in excess of 200 at Old Trafford before.

In saying that, I think we’ve got a decent chance. I’d bat Pope at four.
Written by either Shemilt or Agnew then probably. Both have plenty of previous

just cycled past Old Trafford, there were a group of about 10 or 15 Pakistan fans standing around outside, don't know if they were hoping to get in or meet the players but a couple of security guards were tying to usher them away
277 wont be an easy target to get on this pitch, but time is on our side

There’s nothing wrong with the pitch. Still some pace in it, which is not unhelpful, and it’s good weather for batting.

Their attack and the pressure are the challenges but they can both be overcome.

55 for 1 at lunch.

Switched on the telly about 11.24 and England were just about to face the first ball. I was delighted- but the saw a target of 277 in the corner. How the hell did that happen? 😮!!

Anyway the was a really interesting morning. 277 looks gettable but the statistics are stacked against us.

Switched on the telly about 11.24 and England were just about to face the first ball. I was delighted- but the saw a target of 277 in the corner. How the hell did that happen? 😮!!

Anyway the was a really interesting morning. 277 looks gettable but the statistics are stacked against us.
They hit 32 runs in about 15 minutes..... yasir was the main man - he hit one huge 6

Yasir has a Test batting average of 13.5 with no 50s, yet he scored a ton against the Aussies in Adelaide last November.

The strangest thing about that is that he managed to bat for five hours in the process.

Must been a flat track because Abbas got his Test best too!

Yeah, 277 doesn’t seem that many, but as you say, history is against us.....