PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Test Cricket 2021

Question, and in no way facetious. June 21 going more and more tits up as each day goes by ( or least according to the heinous and bizarrely reinstated Kay Burley on Sky News) so why so many packed in?

Great to see admittedly but does it fit with the current narrative?

News and Current Affairs section probably has the answer but don't look as its full of rabid nonsense😂
Bit like the recent India tour. Crowds packed in one game, then disappeared the next. Might see the same thing here...

Think he's going down the Nick Compton route mate. Couldn't buy a run and I was at Lord's, I think, against SL. It was clearly last chance saloon job and got cleaned up for about 15 first dig. Didn't look like he'd get another dig either. Felt for the lad but that's sport I guess

I was on a Corporate so soon was pretty pissed and got over it relatively quickly

Bit like the recent India tour. Crowds packed in one game, then disappeared the next. Might see the same thing here...
Yeah that was so weird wasn't it. Limited to 50% capacity i.e 50,000. Yeah that's a good idea, let's go with that. What's the Indian version of a Commons Committee Hearing? I'd PPV for that!!!!

Question, and in no way facetious. June 21 going more and more tits up as each day goes by ( or least according to the heinous and bizarrely reinstated Kay Burley on Sky News) so why so many packed in?

Great to see admittedly but does it fit with the current narrative?

News and Current Affairs section probably has the answer but don't look as its full of rabid nonsense😂
It's pretty bizarre to be honest. Loads of pissed up people crammed in together singing and shouting,

As far as the action on the pitch is concerned I hope when it comes to the India series we pack this rotation crap in and pick the best team.

Time for Pope to score a big one and confirm the quality we all know he has.

It's pretty bizarre to be honest. Loads of pissed up people crammed in together singing and shouting,

As far as the action on the pitch is concerned I hope when it comes to the India series we pack this rotation crap in and pick the best team.

Time for Pope to score a big one and confirm the quality we all know he has.
It's a test event. All had to provide a negative test before the game, and have to take a PCR test a few days later.

It's a test event. All had to provide a negative test before the game, and have to take a PCR test a few days later.
OK fair enough, although testing is a bit of a joke. Just paid for my daughters 5 day release after returning from the States which she took in person (didn't have to, but got the results back quicker). The 2 & 8 day she took at home and sent it in the post, so I could have taken it for her. How much of that goes on. Anyway don't want to turn it into a political thing.

Pope looks the part again and gets out, Bracey is not a test cricketer yet

OK fair enough, although testing is a bit of a joke. Just paid for my daughters 5 day release after returning from the States which she took in person (didn't have to, but got the results back quicker). The 2 & 8 day she took at home and sent it in the post, so I could have taken it for her. How much of that goes on. Anyway don't want to turn it into a political thing.

Pope looks the part again and gets out, Bracey is not a test cricketer yet
Shame about Bracey but he certainly doesn’t look like a test cricketer yet, if ever...

Poor old Bracey looked like a rabbit in the headlights there.
I think that'll be him done now. He'll be behind Butter and Foakes in the pecking order and based off this even Bairstow might be above him now too! His keeping hasn't been good enough to cover up his batting failures!

Broad up to #6 in the all time test wickets now. Jimmy at 4.

And Jimmy in one of his simply unplayable spells right now. Absolute magic.