PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Test Cricket 2022

Rules are rules but cricket doesnā€™t help itself sometimes. I wouldnā€™t expect South Africa to put the spinners on but they could have said youā€™ve got ten minutes to finish it and then weā€™re off. That could have been avoided altogether if they started at 10:30 in September like the championship.

Itā€˜s still Ā£20 tomorrow with no refunds no matter how long they play. The ground will be empty instead of full tonight to celebrate a superb summer of test cricket.

Quite right.

It also doesnā€™t help that nobody can bat any more.

The forward defensive shot is a lost art.

Rules are rules but cricket doesnā€™t help itself sometimes. I wouldnā€™t expect South Africa to put the spinners on but they could have said youā€™ve got ten minutes to finish it and then weā€™re off. That could have been avoided altogether if they started at 10:30 in September like the championship.

Itā€˜s still Ā£20 tomorrow with no refunds no matter how long they play. The ground will be empty instead of full tonight to celebrate a superb summer of test cricket.
It was free to get in today in the endā€¦..

Quite a few people turned up for 28 minutes of Cricketā€¦.

Totally agree ā€¦.

Years ago they used to offer the batsmen the light and if they chose to stay out, they would stay outā€¦..
Wasnā€™t it 84 that Alan Lamb took the light at Lordā€™s when we were about 350 ahead. The following day I came home from school and WI had knocked them off for 2. Gordon Greenidge 200 plus. Ridiculous given the era

Wasnā€™t it 84 that Alan Lamb took the light at Lordā€™s when we were about 350 ahead. The following day I came home from school and WI had knocked them off for 2. Gordon Greenidge 200 plus. Ridiculous given the era
David Gower's infamous declaration.

Lees will go and Jennings back in I'd expect going forward

Heā€™s got a chance of touring Pakistan.
Duckett was a bit shit in Bangers and India previously.

Only average 25 though, with two scores over 54 in 32 Test knocks (being the tons in India and SL).

Donā€™t think theyā€™ll change the starters cos the quicks take the new ball in Pakistan and do their fare share.

Bob Mortimer is an option for the second spinner - did you see his caught and bowled on the fishing show the other night?!

Only average 25 though, with two scores over 54 in 32 Test knocks (being the tons in India and SL).

Donā€™t think theyā€™ll change the starters cos the quicks take the new ball in Pakistan and do their fare share.

Bob Mortimer is an option for the second spinner - did you see his caught and bowled on the fishing show the other night?!
Haha haven't seen this, will search it out

Who did Mortimer catch, Keamar Roach?

That arsehole who ran on the pitch at The Oval (and others) and collided with Bairstow has been done for aggravated trespass.

Sentencing to follow in October.

Hope he receives a stiff one. In prison.

Thought Iā€™d watch Mary Berry tonight as she was doing a cricket tea with Bairstow and Pope.

For 87 she timed it pretty well through mid-on!

Jennings in and Lees out.

Duckett and Brook selected.

As are Livi (who hasnā€™t played red ball cricket for a year) and Jacks.

Who needs a decent spinner when you can pick two or three part-timers in the team?!

I bet that Rafiq doesnā€™t get the same criticism for his anti Jews comments that the likes of Bumble etc got for their anti Asian commentsā€¦ā€¦

BUT he should !!!!

Rafiq has been heavily and widely criticised. I also suspect none of the protagonists have been forced to move abroad or had this happen to their garden like Rafiq has - in fact, some of them have continued in their former (high profile) roles as before.

Interesting that there is soon to be a report into how the media covered the case. I know George Dobell isnā€™t everyoneā€™s cup of tea but heā€™s a good man and a superb reporter.

I bet that Rafiq doesnā€™t get the same criticism for his anti Jews comments that the likes of Bumble etc got for their anti Asian commentsā€¦ā€¦

BUT he should !!!!
Ive not seen the comments, have you a link to them please.

Unfortunately Raef, I am a techno phobeā€¦.. you are asking the impossible of me Iā€™m afraid.

Let me see if I can find the source..
Just found this, it seems he was disciplined for them.

Also this:

A quick search found much criticism of him Ando.

BUT he should !!!!

Also of how he took on board the criticism andtook remedial action by approaching the Jewish community asking them how he could put right the wrong that he had done.

With how random your post was I honestly thought something else had emerged that I hadnt heard about.