PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Test Cricket 2024

Does he play for Somerset ?
Yes he does. He’s not had as good a season this time, maybe when he gets signed for Surrey he might get a chance! He's a bit younger than the other two.

Joking aside, he was with The Lions over the winter but Robinson kept ahead of him - and Smith wasn’t in the squad at all. Robinson has scored a fair few more runs this summer and has kept wicket a lot more than Smith but I wonder if they’re thinking who will be best in Australia in 2025?

Congratulations due to this season's Chorley CC pro Marques Ackerman.
He's been called up for the South African test squad to tour the West Indies.
He's has been a class act, best batter at Windsor Park for many years.
He's been fantastic with the kids and an excellent coach.
He's played his last game, a big loss to the club but geat for him. I hope he makes the most of his opportunity.
I'll be watching out for how he performs.

Weather OK in St John’s Wood Ando?

It’ll be interesting to see how the team who is bottom of the World Test Championship and hasn’t won a series for 18 months gets on.

Looking forward to seeing what the Windies are like too!

It’ll be interesting to see how the team who is bottom of the World Test Championship and hasn’t won a series for 18 months gets on.

Are you at Lords @Ando60 ?

If Atkinson gets the last one, he’s going to better Jimmy’s best bowling figures on his debut!

In fact, he’s ahead as things stand…

England have a lead of 68 at stumps with 7 wickets remaining.

Crawley out in the 70s for the 5th time in 12 innings.

Motie, their left arm spinner, looked decent at the end.

The weather was pretty good @justinr73 ….

Pretty grey and overcast for the first half of the day brightened during the afternoon…

It clouded over again at tea time but apart from 20 mins off for bad light we got a full day

300+ runs and 13 wickets, a great day of test cricket 👍🏻

It’s so sad how poor the West Indies are, I suspect they’re struggling for money again as several players who could be in this squad are gallivanting around the world in T20 tournaments. You can only beat or dominate whats in front of you though.

In olden times touring teams would play a whole host of warm up games against the counties before the first test usually first week in June.
July 10 first test, Windies played a warm up game last week which would give them absolutely zero time to acclimatise to conditions. No wonder they got rolled, pprobably lose in four days and the next Test starts a week today absolute garbage scheduling but hey we need to fit the Blundred in

In olden times touring teams would play a whole host of warm up games against the counties before the first test usually first week in June.
July 10 first test, Windies played a warm up game last week which would give them absolutely zero time to acclimatise to conditions. No wonder they got rolled, pprobably lose in four days and the next Test starts a week today absolute garbage scheduling but hey we need to fit the Blundred in
Think you're being generous giving them 4 days. I'd be surprised if it goes past tea tomorrow!

I was indeed Janie…..

Fabulous day and England on top…

We only lost 20 mins to bad light at about 5pm.

300+ runs and 13 wickets , a great day of test cricket.
Glad you enjoyed your day. I think your presence must have inspired Gus Atkinson, in his quest for a hat trick.