PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

That Trump fella.

Things were actually much quieter under Trump - he was much more reluctant to start bombing the crap out of people or give weapons to lunatics than Hillary et al. Possibly because a lot of his voter base were anti-intervention.

Wasn’t he just a bit too busy concentrating on using (abusing) the role as President for his own personal gain at every opportunity and inciting civil war in America?

Wasn’t he just a bit too busy concentrating on using (abusing) the role as President for his own personal gain at every opportunity and inciting civil war in America?
A lot of republicans are isolationist and want to scale back on foreign wars. Not sure if that is the entire reason, but I didn't really care too much about the why, to be honest. A bit of deescalation was welcome while it lasted - worried that we will now go back to the Hillary doctrine.

A lot of republicans are isolationist and want to scale back on foreign wars. Not sure if that is the entire reason, but I didn't really care too much about the why, to be honest. A bit of deescalation was welcome while it lasted.
The need for oil is gradually lessening.

The need for oil is gradually lessening.
Hopefully that will be a positive side effect of any green energy growth.

That said, I wish someone would tell the wannabe Sultan next door - he's busy exploring the Aegean seabed for oil and threatening to annex bits of the sea that don't belong to him :D

A lot of republicans are isolationist and want to scale back on foreign wars. Not sure if that is the entire reason, but I didn't really care too much about the why, to be honest. A bit of deescalation was welcome while it lasted - worried that we will now go back to the Hillary doctrine.

How welcome was Trump’s deescalation to our Kurdish allies (key in the battle against ISIS) with his sudden troop withdrawal arranged with Turkish ruler Erdogan which left them at the mercy of Erdogan and his troops - hundreds slaughtered and thousands displaced - and the victory over ISIS and security put in jeopardy?

Wasn’t everyone thinking World War 3 was about to break out this time last year?

How welcome was Trump’s deescalation to our Kurdish allies (key in the battle against ISIS) with his sudden troop withdrawal arranged with Turkish ruler Erdogan which left them at the mercy of Erdogan and his troops - hundreds slaughtered and thousands displaced - and the victory over ISIS and security put in jeopardy?
How far do you go back with the Syria conflict (which has its own thread)? Arming rebel groups who turned out to include some pretty nasty people? Bombings that displaced millions? Hillary was a liability in this part of the world and we will be clearing up her mess for a long, long time.

When you have a million refugees/migrants in your country, most displaced from that conflict, and with Erdogan weaponising them to try and threaten you if he doesn't get his own way, it gives you a different perspective on US foreign policy in the Middle East. Less intervention is welcome.

Not a Trump fan, btw, but genuinely dread what would have happened under Hillary.

Wasn’t everyone thinking World War 3 was about to break out this time last year?
And if Hillary had been president? She who wanted to enforce a no fly zone against Russia in Syria, and argued that she would have bombed Syria faster and harder than Trump?

My worry is that Biden and Harris will go down the Hillary route. I hope they prove me wrong!