PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

That Trump fella.

He mused about it one an international press conference though, which to be honest, seemed to come as a shock to the scientists present.

Even someone as thick as him knows his cult will cherry pick information to act on, purely because it’s come out of his mouth

I know... but he did not endorse it, and this is very sloppy biased reporting IMO... and totally unnecessary. It undermines the Guardian.

Incidentally, Joe Biden just told the black population that "They ain't black if they vote for Trump". What a fucking knob. He's playing into Trump's hands.

Which could explain why Trump claims to take it if he has a financial interest. But still wouldn't explain why he would actually take it. Providing he really is which personally I don't believe.

That article says the UK government is buying it in case it turns out to be a potential treatment which isn't proven. A treatment not a preventative. Meaning they might use it to treat people who already have the virus. Not give it to people who don't. Which presumably is currently descriptive of Trump. So why would he be taking it?

Thanks. Interesting... looks like the uk government put it out to tender on 15th May... so before Trump's press conference but about a week after Trump says he started taking it. Us spending £35m on a stack of it, just in case, seems highly highly speculative based on the medical evidence that seems to suggest it's likely unsuitable.

Any link to how his family might financially gain from promoting this drug?

Incidentally, in that Guardian article, it says "Previously, Trump had endorsed the injection of disinfectants or light into the body to fight coronavirus – recommendations that were followed by a spike in calls to poison control centers. " To my mind, that's a big misrepresentation. From what I remember, Trump mused about it, wondered about it... asked the scientists if there could be something in it, but never endorsed it. If I'm right, that's really bad form from the Guardian.
Where is that in the article that youre quoting?

Which could explain why Trump claims to take it if he has a financial interest. But still wouldn't explain why he would actually take it. Providing he really is which personally I don't believe.

That article says the UK government is buying it in case it turns out to be a potential treatment which isn't proven. A treatment not a preventative. Meaning they might use it to treat people who already have the virus. Not give it to people who don't. Which presumably is currently descriptive of Trump. So why would he be taking it?

I think Trump has caught it. I can't find the clip just now, but there was an interview yesterday where he was asked how his latest test went and he said along the lines of... "Yeah it went positive. In a good way. Not, you know... So yeah the news was positive news..."

It just looked like he'd been caught out by the question and was weirdly trying to avoid saying it was negative for some reason?

Where is that in the article that youre quoting?

Good challenge! If you really want to find it, google the entire quote - which is what I just had to do - but I can’t post a link.
Somewhere in bobbage’s Guardian artIcle, I pressed a link to a different Guardian article from last week and I didn’t realise I was quoting from that one.

Good challenge! If you really want to find it, google the entire quote - which is what I just had to do - but I can’t post a link.
Somewhere in bobbage’s Guardian artIcle, I pressed a link to a different Guardian article from last week and I didn’t realise I was quoting from that one.

Ah ha.....that explains why I couldnt see it!

Incidentally, Joe Biden just told the black population that "They ain't black if they vote for Trump". What a fucking knob. He's playing into Trump's hands.

You see

It isn't only Trump that's 'Nuts' over there, that is the leading Democratic contender too
It sometimes makes me think we actually should follow the Lefties advice
And ally ourselves to Putin
NO wait, didn’t really mean that
I had too much Southern Comfort last night

A stupid 'own goal'. Hope it doesn't come back to haunt him especially if it increases the risk of having to tolerate another 4 years of Trumps senseless ramblings.

Inadvisable at worst but in no way comparable to the bizarre rambling of Trump. Where do you start when trying to categorise his babble. There's simply so much to choose from. He adds to it almost every time he opens his mouth. How about this off the top of my head. WTF does this even mean?

While speaking to a crowd in Montana , Trump abruptly brought up Elton John in the middle of a tangent about how no one gives him credit for being a great speaker.

“I have broken more Elton John records. He seems to have a lot of records. And I, by the way, I don’t have a musical instrument. I don’t have a guitar or an organ. No organ. Elton has an organ. And lots of other people helping. No, we’ve broken a lot of records. We’ve broken virtually every record. Because you know, look, I only need this space. They need much more room. For basketball, for hockey and all of the sports, they need a lot of room. We don’t need it. We have people in that space. So we break all of these records. Really, we do it without, like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical – the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth, right? The brain. More important than the mouth is the brain. The brain is much more important.”

A representative for Elton John declined to comment on the president’s remarks. 🤣

161110114037-trump-false-meme-exlarge-169.jpg

He never actually said this btw

He never actually said this btw

I know, that's too eloquent for Trump, but he did say this.

What a horrifically racist thing to say.

Biden's only selling point is that he is not Trump, I reckon he gets steamrolled in the next elections

What a horrifically racist thing to say.

Biden's only selling point is that he is not Trump, I reckon he gets steamrolled in the next elections

I suspect he intended it as a joke and had no intention of being racist. You think he's actually racist and Trump isn't? Frankly 'horrifically racist' comes across as horrifically over the top in the circumstances.

I suspect he intended it as a joke and had no intention of being racist. You think he's actually racist and Trump isn't? Frankly 'horrifically racist' comes across as horrifically over the top in the circumstances.
The interview is fairly readily available, and it really doesnt seem like he is joking.

Democrats have made the mistake of reducing the last 2 political races to False Dichotomies. If you dont support Hillary, you are sexist. If you dont support Biden you arent black etc. It is awful politics from two stains on American History.

Implying that political view is attached to race, that a certain ethnicity are supposed to act in a certain way otherwise they dont really belong, is definitely racist.

When you twin it with his voting on Segregation and the War on Drugs, a grim picture is painted.

FWIW I do not like the fact Donald Trump is president. However given the other two options have been Biden/Hillary I am totally indifferent to his presidency

The interview is fairly readily available, and it really doesnt seem like he is joking.

Democrats have made the mistake of reducing the last 2 political races to False Dichotomies. If you dont support Hillary, you are sexist. If you dont support Biden you arent black etc. It is awful politics from two stains on American History.

Implying that political view is attached to race, that a certain ethnicity are supposed to act in a certain way otherwise they dont really belong, is definitely racist.

When you twin it with his voting on Segregation and the War on Drugs, a grim picture is painted.

FWIW I do not like the fact Donald Trump is president. However given the other two options have been Biden/Hillary I am totally indifferent to his presidency
I was about to hit the Like button- until I read the last sentence!