PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

That Trump fella.

Pretty messed up on all sides. I don’t live in the midwest though (anymore) so I certainly get a more west coast version of the news reporting.

Just amplifies Trumps message not to trust the media.

I think this obviously biased reporting is causing a lot of issues. Wish we could have partisan broadcasting.

Just amplifies Trumps message not to trust the media.

I think this obviously biased reporting is causing a lot of issues. Wish we could have partisan broadcasting.
His message would be fine, except he’s praised media outlets which put a positive slant on his presidency. If he has an issue with media it should be across the board

Online criticism means absolutely nothing to me, I think if you have a brief look around you may find it's others not I who have trouble dealing with it. Most of my posts are simply that, singular posts.

The vast majority of the time when I'm directly replying to someone it's because they directly quoted me first and more often than not they haven't even been offering any dissection of my post. Do you see a single attempt at any dissection of my posts here? They not I initiate a pointless confrontational scene which I respond to in kind.

So with that in mind I can hardly be accused of jumping in to sprinkle criticism around.

In addition I genuinely don't believe he was inviting any debate on my post, that's a minor point we can agree to disagree on. But since you seem interested in the WW2 angle allow me to depict another scenario for you. And anyone at all is welcome to debate it whether it's contrary to my thinking or not.

Back to 1940, Britain evacuates the continent and France falls. The British evacuate 338,00 men ironically thanks to Hitler who was on record as being a great admirer of the British and their empire. He thought the British Empire a stabilising influence on the world. In an ideal world he wanted the British to ultimately ally with him to carve up the world between them.

With the British trapped on the Dunkirk beaches and their backs to the sea Hitler halted the German tanks which greatly frustrated his generals. They knew this was the moment to strike and completely finish it. Hitler on the other hand as I mentioned was a great admirer of the British so didn't want to anger them.

He wanted to negotiate a deal to get them out of the war and that would hardly be assisted if he had just slaughtered an entire army with it's back to the sea. So he pretty much let them escape. Thinking they would contemplate the hopeless situation they now appeared to be in and negotiate an end to it.

The chances are that's exactly how it may have played out if anyone but Churchill had been in power. It was indeed a seemingly hopeless situation in which the entire world now expected a negotiated exit of the war from the British.

Churchill stymied that with, dare I say 'confrontational' speeches, containing the likes of "We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

So from there it goes to the Battle of Britain which Hitler impatiently didn't see out to the bitter end. All German army thinking was designed around avoiding a war on two fronts at all cost. If you're attacked on a second front then you obviously have to fight on two fronts. But never initiate a second front.

The Western front absolutely must be brought to a conclusion before any moves are made in another direction.

But as I said, Hitler was among other things an impatient man who didn't follow the strategic imperative. He ultimately decided to simply play a long game in the West. Try to starve the British into submission with the U Boat campaign.

Let's presume Hitler had the patience to force it to an end by either bombing, invasion, or negotiation. From there he's free to simply stroll into the middle east and acquire all the oil he would need for centuries far less the duration of the war.

Once the oil is secured he can now launch operation Barbarossa with all the forces at his disposal since there is no threat in the West. And a second factor. The Japanese, who were already allied with Hitler, attacked the US for much the same reasons Hitler was on the attack. A war of conquest for resources and oil was a major one for them too.

With Hitler in possession of mid east oil he can make that accessible to them plus get them to abandon their US adventure to join his attack on the Soviets to not only take their territory but their oil too. He would have been in command of the bulk of the worlds oil.

During the first 6 months of Barbarossa Stalin had a major force tied up on the Eastern front due to his fears of an attack by the Japanese from that direction.

Once they began their war with the US he knew he was now safe on that front so was able to bring those Eastern forces to the West joining the fight against Hitler. While Hitler only needs to persuade the Japanese to make that attack from the East Stalin feared to then present the Soviets, not he, with a two front war.

I can see no way the Soviets could have resisted such a scenario. After the war the great Soviet General Zhukov made a rare admission. It was unusual for the Soviets to give any credit to anyone else for their war efforts.

But Zhukov in an unguarded moment confessed that he did not think he could have won the war without the vehicles the US had been supplying. These vehicles enabled him to respond to German movements in just hours or days at most rather than the weeks it would otherwise have taken to move there.

In addition to that he also confessed that without the virtual mountains of canned spam supplied by the US he would have been entirely incapable of feeding his men. And that confession comes from a standpoint of only having to face the Germans in the West rather than handling them and the ferocious fight to the death Japanese in the East.

Hitler would have won the war, the US would have been isolated and facing a foe in command of all of Europe and it' production, the bulk of the worlds oil, plus vastly technologically superior to them. Make your own conclusions on how it would have played out from there.

I think you're probably right there. However, I would suggest treating online criticism like water off a ducks back. It comes with the territory.

Having re read it I can see that you're probably just a somewhat confrontational character (rather like myself) and it wasn't really an explosion. More a frustrated post.

And I genuinely think he was inviting debate on that point. I would definitely be interested in reading such debate, without being able to contribute unfortunately.

The above was intended as a reply to this post. I simply somehow lost the quote before posting.

Online criticism means absolutely nothing to me, I think if you have a brief look around you may find it's others not I who have trouble dealing with it. Most of my posts are simply that, singular posts.

The vast majority of the time when I'm directly replying to someone it's because they directly quoted me first and more often than not they haven't even been offering any dissection of my post. Do you see a single attempt at any dissection of my posts here? They not I initiate a pointless confrontational scene which I respond to in kind.

So with that in mind I can hardly be accused of jumping in to sprinkle criticism around.

In addition I genuinely don't believe he was inviting any debate on my post, that's a minor point we can agree to disagree on. But since you seem interested in the WW2 angle allow me to depict another scenario for you. And anyone at all is welcome to debate it whether it's contrary to my thinking or not.

Back to 1940, Britain evacuates the continent and France falls. The British evacuate 338,00 men ironically thanks to Hitler who was on record as being a great admirer of the British and their empire. He thought the British Empire a stabilising influence on the world. In an ideal world he wanted the British to ultimately ally with him to carve up the world between them.

With the British trapped on the Dunkirk beaches and their backs to the sea Hitler halted the German tanks which greatly frustrated his generals. They knew this was the moment to strike and completely finish it. Hitler on the other hand as I mentioned was a great admirer of the British so didn't want to anger them.

He wanted to negotiate a deal to get them out of the war and that would hardly be assisted if he had just slaughtered an entire army with it's back to the sea. So he pretty much let them escape. Thinking they would contemplate the hopeless situation they now appeared to be in and negotiate an end to it.

The chances are that's exactly how it may have played out if anyone but Churchill had been in power. It was indeed a seemingly hopeless situation in which the entire world now expected a negotiated exit of the war from the British.

Churchill stymied that with, dare I say 'confrontational' speeches, containing the likes of "We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

So from there it goes to the Battle of Britain which Hitler impatiently didn't see out to the bitter end. All German army thinking was designed around avoiding a war on two fronts at all cost. If you're attacked on a second front then you obviously have to fight on two fronts. But never initiate a second front.

The Western front absolutely must be brought to a conclusion before any moves are made in another direction.

But as I said, Hitler was among other things an impatient man who didn't follow the strategic imperative. He ultimately decided to simply play a long game in the West. Try to starve the British into submission with the U Boat campaign.

Let's presume Hitler had the patience to force it to an end by either bombing, invasion, or negotiation. From there he's free to simply stroll into the middle east and acquire all the oil he would need for centuries far less the duration of the war.

Once the oil is secured he can now launch operation Barbarossa with all the forces at his disposal since there is no threat in the West. And a second factor. The Japanese, who were already allied with Hitler, attacked the US for much the same reasons Hitler was on the attack. A war of conquest for resources and oil was a major one for them too.

With Hitler in possession of mid east oil he can make that accessible to them plus get them to abandon their US adventure to join his attack on the Soviets to not only take their territory but their oil too. He would have been in command of the bulk of the worlds oil.

During the first 6 months of Barbarossa Stalin had a major force tied up on the Eastern front due to his fears of an attack by the Japanese from that direction.

Once they began their war with the US he knew he was now safe on that front so was able to bring those Eastern forces to the West joining the fight against Hitler. While Hitler only needs to persuade the Japanese to make that attack from the East Stalin feared to then present the Soviets, not he, with a two front war.

I can see no way the Soviets could have resisted such a scenario. After the war the great Soviet General Zhukov made a rare admission. It was unusual for the Soviets to give any credit to anyone else for their war efforts.

But Zhukov in an unguarded moment confessed that he did not think he could have won the war without the vehicles the US had been supplying. These vehicles enabled him to respond to German movements in just hours or days at most rather than the weeks it would otherwise have taken to move there.

In addition to that he also confessed that without the virtual mountains of canned spam supplied by the US he would have been entirely incapable of feeding his men. And that confession comes from a standpoint of only having to face the Germans in the West rather than handling them and the ferocious fight to the death Japanese in the East.

Hitler would have won the war, the US would have been isolated and facing a foe in command of all of Europe and it' production, the bulk of the worlds oil, plus vastly technologically superior to them. Make your own conclusions on how it would have played out from there.
If anybody has the desire to read that, can they please paraphrase and save me the pain?

If anybody has the desire to read that, can they please paraphrase and save me the pain?
Here you go, Snicky - a summary that will help you understand the main points:

By far most of my posts are fundamentally that, singular posts.

Do you see a lone undertaking at any examination of my posts here? They not I start an irrelevant furious scene which I respond to in kind.

In like manner I really don't acknowledge he was inviting any conversation on my post, that is a minor point we can choose a ceasefire on.

It was to be certain an obviously tragic condition where the entire world as of now foreseen a masterminded exit of the fight from the British.

Churchill impeded that with, might I dare to state 'furious' addresses, containing any similarity to "We will fight on the coastlines, we will fight on the appearance grounds, we will fight in the fields and in the streets, we will fight in the slants; we will never surrender"

So starting there it goes to the Battle of Britain which Hitler fretfully didn't see out quite far. In case you're attacked on a resulting front, by then you unmistakably need to fight on two fronts. The Japanese, who were by then lined up with Hitler, attacked the US for much comparative reasons Hitler was on the attack.

At the point when they began their fight with the US he understood he was as of now shielded on that front so had the alternative to convey those Eastern forces toward the West joining the fight against Hitler. While Hitler simply needs to persuade the Japanese to make that attack from the East Stalin feared to then present the Soviets, not he, with a two front war.

Do you see a lone undertaking at any examination of my posts here? They not I start an irrelevant furious scene which I respond to in kind.

In like manner I really don't acknowledge he was inviting any conversation on my post, that is a minor point we can choose a ceasefire on.

It was to be certain an obviously tragic condition where the entire world as of now foreseen a masterminded exit of the fight from the British.

Churchill impeded that with, might I dare to state 'furious' addresses, containing any similarity to "We will fight on the coastlines, we will fight on the appearance grounds, we will fight in the fields and in the streets, we will fight in the slants; we will never surrender"

So starting there it goes to the Battle of Britain which Hitler fretfully didn't see out quite far. In case you're attacked on a resulting front, by then you unmistakably need to fight on two fronts. The Japanese, who were by then lined up with Hitler, attacked the US for much comparative reasons Hitler was on the attack.

At the point when they began their fight with the US he understood he was as of now shielded on that front so had the alternative to convey those Eastern forces toward the West joining the fight against Hitler. While Hitler simply needs to persuade the Japanese to make that attack from the East Stalin feared to then present the Soviets, not he, with a two front war.
Thanks but.....
download999.jpg

• it’s the rest of the world who are sensitive souls and burst into tantrums or tears at the first sight of criticism
  • Not him though. He’s stronger than that. Not that that makes him superior in any way, of course.
  • To him, criticism means absolutely nothing - apparently. Although I’m sure I have occasionally (always) seen him react with a paragraph or ten, putting people firmly down in their place who have offered him a little critique :unsure:
That’s the first paragraph sorted for you. Thankfully Sepp seems to have just saved me a job- he’s done the rest.

Excellent work, sir.

• it’s the rest of the world who are sensitive souls and burst into tantrums or tears at the first sight of criticism
  • Not him though. He’s stronger than that. Not that that makes him superior in any way, of course.
  • To him, criticism means absolutely nothing - apparently. Although I’m sure I have occasionally (always) seen him react with a paragraph or ten, putting people firmly down in their place who have offered him a little critique :unsure:
That’s the first paragraph sorted for you. Thankfully Sepp seems to have just saved me a job- he’s done the rest.

Aren't you the guy someone thought was "genuinely interested" in debate? This is it?

And such a sensitive soul you were experiencing feelings of inferiority? Look I realise I'm living rent free in your head, feel free to evict me.

Joe Hiden is going to have to answer all these allegations pretty soon.
There haven’t been any firm denials from his family yet and it’s gathering pace.
Somebody needs to write his autocue pretty quickly.

Joe Hiden is going to have to answer all these allegations pretty soon.
There haven’t been any firm denials from his family yet and it’s gathering pace.
Somebody needs to write his autocue pretty quickly.
What are the allegations against Joe biden?