PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

That Trump fella.

I think you are missing a very important point. You and JFK both

That is why was he elected in the first Place?

I think the answer is Obama and the Demarcates were satisfied with, as their Opponents saw it, with the self centred view the Voters they represented were doing all right, and ‘sod those who weren’t’’

They never Confronted the Chinese (mainly) threat to many Ordinary workers Jobs and lively hoods

Incidentally the same could be said ‘over here’ with the EU which produced the Brexit result

Biden will have to show HE has a plan to care for those people NOT just his OWN, If he doesn’t, sure as ‘eggs is eggs’ they will get another Trump, and He might be worse than the original
All of which has less than zero to do with the point you made that I responded to, which was about how much damage he can do in his time left in office.

Did you forget your meds today?

He put tariffs on Chinese solar panels - one of the few times that he was actually right about something!
You know that the importer and ultimately the consumer pays tariffs I assume, not the vendor?
All he did was make it more expensive for the customer (and US vendors like Tesla got to raise their prices).

he says one particular congressman has shown 'strength', was he referring to his rioting skills 🙈
Was that Jim Jordan? You might want to look into some of the things he has been accused of in the past. Using his 'strength' to hold changing room doors open, for one.

Very good point 👍.

The Canadian Government granted special dispensation to her family so they could 'visit'.
Vancouver is pretty sweet as well. I'm all for the theoretical 'cascadia' country.

Shitty football team though. Once had to spend a short flight with them. Robert Earnshaw was the loudmouth though so it wasn't exactly the Canadians at fault.

Trump’s latest short speech on the White House Twitter A/c.

He condemns the attack on the Capitol and pleads for no more violence. He says there will Charges brought against those responsible last week.

A start from him, saying some of the right things at long, long last.

Will he be consistent?

Will the Proud Boys have a noose for him now along with those they have for Pence, Pelosi and all the others.

He condemns the attack on the Capitol and pleads for no more violence. He says there will Charges brought against those responsible last week.

Will he be consistent?

Will the Proud Boys have a noose for him now along with those they have for Pence, Pelosi and all the others.
Well the bloke that nicked off with Pelosi's lecturn got a slap on the wrists and walked out of court.

Will he be consistent?

I don't think they will turn on him. Like most, folk pick and choose the bits they want to hear/use/motivate.

If the proud boy folk that are out and about here are anything to go by, in depth discourse isn't in their future.

Vancouver is pretty sweet as well. I'm all for the theoretical 'cascadia' country.

Shitty football team though. Once had to spend a short flight with them. Robert Earnshaw was the loudmouth though so it wasn't exactly the Canadians at fault.

It's an interesting concept which I really should research more. Will the Pacific North-West break away (literally)?

No Canadian has been, is, or will ever be as ugly as Robert Earnshaw 😂.

It's an interesting concept which I really should research more. Will the Pacific North-West break away (literally)?

No Canadian has been, is, or will ever be as ugly as Robert Earnshaw 😂.
Nah, it'll never happen, there would need to be a civil war i'd suspect, especially if California got involved, given they are the largest US economy.

Still, its nice that there is actually a train line from Portland-BC, that's enough for now.

You know that the importer and ultimately the consumer pays tariffs I assume, not the vendor?
All he did was make it more expensive for the customer (and US vendors like Tesla got to raise their prices).
Little bit more to it than that, Egghead - after the financial crisis, the US spent a lot of money on stimulus funds to promote renewable energy and create a domestic industry, including the manufacture of solar panels.

The Chinese, due to oversupply, started dumping their solar panels on the market at below the cost of manufacture, undercutting US manufacturers through unfair competition. Therefore, Trump was actually right this time.

Europeans did exactly the same and imposed tariffs. As did the Obama administration, if I remember rightly.

Last edited: