PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

The “Trans” debate

I'm not a psychiatrist pal, just simply saying imo, when people want to totally change their gender identity it is a mental issue. I'm not saying they should all go to counseling for it, just again the general public should not be forced to accommodate to their every whim.

In today's society, you are called a bigot, piece of trash, and whatever else you want to say, if you don't agree with every single thing the LGBTQ+ community does and that is not right.

If you don't agree with me fine, that is what a forum is for.

And also, no point in being a smartass above, never said I was an expert.

Let’s hope these hate /speech laws in Scotland work both ways then.

@Soapy…

There are women and Trans-Women
There are men and Trans-Men

Most decent people have no difficulty accepting people in these 4 separate categories BUT THEY ARE SEPARATE.

If there is no unfair advantage to be gained by trans-women in women’s sports then we would also see similar numbers of trans-men in men’s sports. We don’t!

It really is that simple.

As for your question about ‘why?’ Etc

I have known two people very well who are different sides of this…
The first was born intersex, and the surgeons elected to make the baby a girl. It was a mistake. He now lives as a man. That is a natural, physical phenomenon.
The second was a man who felt that he was a woman. He has fully transitioned and now lives as a woman.

The first is nature’s mistake and a man now living as a man.
The second is almost certainly a psychological disorder and a man, now living as a woman.
Both are very nice people.

The real elite "right" know they are going to lose the next election so all they have is to split everyone else and turn them on each other. Race wars, gender wars....
The single parent mum and benefit scrounger stuff is also still rumbling in the background. It's as old as the trees.

The real elite "right" know they are going to lose the next election so all they have is to split everyone else and turn them on each other. Race wars, gender wars....
The single parent mum and benefit scrounger stuff is also still rumbling in the background. It's as old as the trees.

I take it you don't have kids.

I take it you don't have kids.
This idea of labelling everything as some sort of culture war seems to be a convenient way of sidelining debate. If people have opinions that differ, then they must be some victim of right wing manipulation - not that they feel a subject is important or have their own views.

Apart from anything, culture is an integral part of politics - would be a dull and dry political debate if it wasn't.