PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

The Apprentice

She was a right slimeball... she had made her mind up that someone else was going to be PM and then set about trying to throw her under the bus !!

Horrible scheming yank....

Edit : she is actually Canadian !

See through her straight away. She tried to eliminate a major rival and threat on Day One.

Last edited:
She was a right slimeball... she had made her mind up that someone else was going to be PM and then set about trying to throw her under the bus !!

Horrible scheming yank....

Edit : she is actually Canadian !

She was holding on to a lot of rage too...seemed to spend the whole boardroom absolutely fuming and trying desperately to keep a lid on it. It'll be fun to watch her completely lose it at some point

Shit programme.

Really really shit programme. I’d rather eat someone else’s toenails.

Shit programme.

Really really shit programme. I’d rather eat someone else’s toenails.

It’s gone a bit stale I think. Almost needs a year off, or a bit of a revamp. Would be nice to have it with some more “normal” people as well.

It’s gone a bit stale I think. Almost needs a year off, or a bit of a revamp. Would be nice to have it with some more “normal” people as well.

Agree. Used to enjoying watching it every week but it's all just a bit the same now. Too much cringey boasting at the start of the series as well, it needs a shake-up.

How can you fucks watch this? Orange fucking turd probably gets cash backs. Wake the fuck up.

To be fair to it, even though its been done to death, it is a small flickering light in an otherwise dark abyss of television shite.

The fact all the candidates are already successful in their own right before entering the competition and yet come across as complete dicks, seriously makes me think what a complete loser I must be.

The fact all the candidates are already successful in their own right before entering the competition and yet come across as complete dicks, seriously makes me think what a complete loser I must be.

I knew one of the candidates from a series a few years back - he wasn't as successful as he claimed to be....bullshit and bluster and smoke and mirrors rather than actual, tangible success.

It is bloody excellent compulsive viewing!

Some reet boring bastards on here!

I used to really enjoy The Apprentice, but my interest waned 4/5 years ago, and haven't bothered with it in recent years. I have actually watched the first 2 episodes of the newest series and, as suspected, it's utter shite.

The earlier series made for classic television, with some legendary moments. Back then it seemed the show actually featured 'real people' who had something about them. It was more serious and orientated around the task/job offer. More recent series just fixate on the complete idiocy of the candidates - the recruiters must single out the most useless, delusional fools going and design the whole show to make them look as idiotic as possible.

It's like an odder version of Big Brother. I think the decline partly stems from when Sugar changed the end prize from a ready made job to a business start up opportunity a few years back. Run it's course methinks.

Last edited:
So how does it work? I know that there is a book of rules for each task, and we viewers don't get to have completely explained.

But with the shoe task, there were loads of 'major' shoe retailers there placing orders. Team A are horse-trading... flexible on price and rather than sell 200 shoes at, say, £35... they got deals for a thousand shoes at £25 - obviously massively more turnover... but how much money would they make (or lose!)? (I know I'm making up figures somewhat, because I don't remember them... but it's the principle that matters)

Team B was sticking much more to the agreed prices... and presumably made a much bigger margin on their shoes.

But when it came to announcing the results, the winning team was the team that got the highest gross sales. Nothing to do with margin. That can't be right!

And would those orders ever have been fulfilled? Would the shoe retailers really put those shoes on sale, when no one has tried one on? (Yes, I know it was Clark's people designing/manufacturing... so there is some credibility there.) But if the retailers knew that these were not 'real' orders, then is it all a sham?

Regardless;n3400258 said:
So how does it work? I know that there is a book of rules for each task, and we viewers don't get to have completely explained.

But with the shoe task, there were loads of 'major' shoe retailers there placing orders. Team A are horse-trading... flexible on price and rather than sell 200 shoes at, say, £35... they got deals for a thousand shoes at £25 - obviously massively more turnover... but how much money would they make (or lose!)? (I know I'm making up figures somewhat, because I don't remember them... but it's the principle that matters)

Team B was sticking much more to the agreed prices... and presumably made a much bigger margin on their shoes.

But when it came to announcing the results, the winning team was the team that got the highest gross sales. Nothing to do with margin. That can't be right!

And would those orders ever have been fulfilled? Would the shoe retailers really put those shoes on sale, when no one has tried one on? (Yes, I know it was Clark's people designing/manufacturing... so there is some credibility there.) But if the retailers knew that these were not 'real' orders, then is it all a sham?

Good post I agree with you, of course it's a sham and a shit programme with shit right wing presenters Sugar " I started as a barra boy " etc and that bald headed smug bastard Claude, with no personality or character, and as for the West. Ham bitch she can go blow bubbles up her nostrils, such a smarty pants, hate the programme with a passion. I'd rather watch Crossroads at least the scenery moved.