PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

The Brad Potts Appreciation Thread

Bobbage

I am not Peter Ridsdale
Patron
What an improvement we've seen in this lad under Lowe. As a PNE fan all you can ask for is a player to give their all for the shirt, and something really has clicked in to place since Potts was played at right wing back, his work rate has been outstanding.

I know some fans wouldn't be happy unless we signed a younger Dani Alves, but on current form we'd struggle to find a better replacement on our budget.

3 clean sheets in 4 games now, that lung-busting run to save a point against Bristol, a potential goal of the season candidate at Stoke, an actual headed block (!) saving a goal away at Millwall... He's having a direct impact on games now he's settled in to the new position and become more tactically aware. Plus he creates a lot of space for Sepp to bring the ball out of defence too, that partnership has really started to gel.

Long may it continue!

I really liked him when he first signed

Yeah he lost his way for a while but I never understood the outrage at his new deal

He’s a good squad player and cover for a few positions and you always need that

If he can fill in at WB till the summer then even better

Always gives 100%

Definitely enjoying life under Lowe

Another one that has improved tremendously since Lowe arrived I'd like to see him further improve in hitting balls into Archer from the right, that he can turn defenders on, in and around the box. I'm sure he sleeps better at night than when Frankie had him playing as a 9

What an improvement we've seen in this lad under Lowe. As a PNE fan all you can ask for is a player to give their all for the shirt, and something really has clicked in to place since Potts was played at right wing back, his work rate has been outstanding.

I know some fans wouldn't be happy unless we signed a younger Dani Alves, but on current form we'd struggle to find a better replacement on our budget.

3 clean sheets in 4 games now, that lung-busting run to save a point against Bristol, a potential goal of the season candidate at Stoke, an actual headed block (!) saving a goal away at Millwall... He's having a direct impact on games now he's settled in to the new position and become more tactically aware. Plus he creates a lot of space for Sepp to bring the ball out of defence too, that partnership has really started to gel.

Long may it continue!
Ladies and Gentlemen , I give you an object lesson in man management.

I had been very critical of Brad but also the poor management which seemed incapable of finding his position or getting the best out of him.

Huge credit to Brad for getting his head down and taking on the challenge in a new position.

He was sarcastically cheered at being subbed at Forest. At Hull he got a standing ovation.

Well done Brad, some turn around not seen since Mark Rankine.

The work rate was never in question. Unfortunately that's all he had been reduced to under the latter tenure of Neil and then Frankie....."a willing runner" with no actual purpose or place in the side. Now he's been given an actual role in the team it's no surprise we are seeing much more from him. Great to see.

The work rate was never in question. Unfortunately that's all he had been reduced to under the latter tenure of Neil and then Frankie....."a willing runner" with no actual purpose or place in the side. Now he's been given an actual role in the team it's no surprise we are seeing much more from him. Great to see.
And well done to Ryan Lowe for spotting the potential to play him as a RWB….

Yup, he clearly isn't the most skilled of players and he isn't going to be the player who can unlock a defence with intricate passing etc. But he can run a lot and has shown on a couple of occasions that he can weigh in with a goal or two.

Being a wing-back looks a tough position physically but must be rewarding as you are required to contribute to everything - no excuses for not getting fully involved and its good to see that he's rising to the challenge. Probably a bit to learn yet tactically from the defensive point of view but, in theory, the position could suit him well.

Also, perhaps, no coincidence that this must be one of the longer runs in the teams he's had in the last couple of seasons.

He has certainly impressed and his work rate cannot be faulted. He helps out defensively well and combines nicely with VDB.
However his attacking play I feel does not match yet what RL wants from a RWB. We saw him do it for that wonderful cross for Riis to score spectacularly but there have not been many other classy crosses.
Did anybody watch Blackburn’s brief highlights on Quest. There were 2 sublime effortless crosses from new signing Giles and that is what RL is looking for from a WB as well as the other qualities,
That is why a RWB and LWB will be priorities in the summer.
In the meantime keep up the good work Brad.

Did anybody watch Blackburn’s brief highlights on Quest. There were 2 sublime effortless crosses from new signing Giles and that is what RL is looking for from a WB as well as the other qualities,
That is why a RWB and LWB will be priorities in the summer.
In the meantime keep up the good work Brad.

Giles was playing as a number 10 for the plastics though. Nyambe was their RWB against Swansea (who won, despite having 10men for 40mins)

The boy has done good, a good engine & will only get better at RWB.
As for the car thing, the owner might have told Brad that he's got shit in his carburettor, so he kindly left him a pile close by so that he could use it, you never know. 👍

Bob on.

I posted the other day I've noticed his body language has changed dramatically and he looks like he's really enjoying what he's being asked to do.

It's been a joy to watch.

Great thread.

He's getting better game after game in his new role.

This is why Lowe didn't come in and demand we rip the squad up and sign 5 or 6 players in January for inflated prices.

Brad does have the attributes to be a very good wing back at this level, just hope he keeps improving, he's definitely got goals in him playing that role if we can keep improving our general play and get the wing backs up the pitch more.